Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 02:32 PM

1 posts, read 4,905 times

Advertisements

We are in the beginning stages of planning a July 2011 wedding and are looking for a place in the Charlotte area where we could have an indoor wedding and reception at the same venue for about 200 people. It doesn't have to be fancy - just nice. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 05:00 PM

17 posts, read 29,238 times
I went to a wedding at Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens once. The ceremony was outdoors, the reception indoors. But I'm sure they offer an indoor option. It was a beautiful place! best of luck to you!

Old 09-18-2010, 03:01 PM

314 posts, read 675,620 times
I am planning an October 2011 wedding...Congrats to you!

I have checked out several venues. It seems they all end up costing about the same amount of $...unless you get married on a Friday or Sunday some places do discount the venue. I am not though and I am marrying at a church on a Saturday.

My favorite and final pick is The Peninsula in Cornelius. NOT to be confused with the Peninsula Yacht Club...as I initially did! It's gorgeous, classy and I really like the wedding coordinator Katie. She is hard to get a hold of though so just keep trying....she said they may get her an assistant which she really needs...so keep in mind she is just busy and not ignoring you if you don't get an immediate call back.

I did check out the Peninsula Yacht Club and its ok but its a Yacht Club and I don't really want to hear peoples music off their boats or what not. I felt the space was small and just not wedding-y enough.

I also liked River Run in Davidson....but its the same cost as the Peninsula and it really needs to be remodeled. They have that option on the table and should know in October if their members are going to vote yes or no on that. The plus to this location is you can have your cake made there as they have a pastry chef.

I also looked at the Embassy Suites in Concord and it was ok. Its good if you have people coming in from out of town as they give a discount if you reserve a certain number of rooms.

I checked out the Extravaganza Depot. Not in a good area and not the nicest venue....it just wasn't for us.

I looked at Byrons South End and they want a 125 person minimum and I felt the space was small and outdoor area was too.

As I said, all of these places would land me at about the same amount of $ so that is not playing a part in my decision. I contacted but didn't hear back from a few other places...but honestly I don't feel any of them can top The Peninsula.

Thats all I got!

Old 09-28-2010, 12:18 AM

3 posts, read 10,500 times
I suggest you visit shaadiinvite.com for venues and stuff.They seem to have good collection of wedding vendors.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:40 PM

156 posts, read 407,680 times
We got married (albeit 9 years ago) at the Renaissance Charlotte Suites Hotel, and it was wonderful. Many hotels offer a variety of options and packages, so you could virtually design it exactly how you want it. For us, having our wedding and reception at a hotel was ideal because we had a lot of out-of-town guests, and they all stayed at the hotel. No worries about transportation for them.

Old 09-28-2010, 01:51 PM

550 posts, read 1,807,876 times
What is your budget? Venue prices range from $2000 to more depending on what you want included, too.

Room with a View is nice, but not sure how many people it fits. It's only the room, too...

Old 09-28-2010, 02:01 PM

299 posts, read 589,758 times
Oops, I just saw the "indoor" part. I don't know if VanLandingham would work for you, but check it out anyway. It's nice.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:28 PM

513 posts, read 2,111,008 times
I hear the Mint Museum is a beautiful spot for a wedding.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:15 AM

509 posts, read 1,802,577 times
Ballantyne Resort is a great venue, you can do indoor or outdoor, and they have a great onsite spa/salon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte