Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 06:28 AM

630 posts, read 1,877,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
We have Dysons for each floor and Love them. They are a little heavy, but not a spec of dust comes out of them. They really cut down on allergy symptoms around here. I got them at Bed Bath and Beyond where they accept the 20% coupon.
I have a dyson as well and I love it. The one thing about dyson I've never seen with other vacuums is the amount of hair it pulls up off the rug. Its kind of gross cleaning it out, but you know its doing its job. Its a really well thought out product. We also used the 20% off coupon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 10:07 AM

124 posts, read 582,994 times
My mom has had the same Kirby vacuum cleaner for gosh, 45 years! I bought my grandmother's Kirby from her, it was just too heavy for a 94 year old woman to push plus she didn't need such a power horse for her small apartment. I love my Kirby but would not put out $2k for a used one. I paid $350 for my grams.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:16 AM

2 posts, read 3,119 times
If I cant drive it to the grocery store Im NOT spending 2000.00 on it LOL

Old 10-06-2008, 07:24 PM

102 posts, read 313,159 times
i fell for this a few months ago also. Wife was home and the guy came in trying to sell her the kirby. I just get home from work and am slammed with a hard sell. Had to basically kick the guy out as after a long day of work I didn't want to deal with some salesman.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:29 PM

1,908 posts, read 4,981,082 times
[quote=flexysteve;5568111]I have a dyson as well and I love it. The one thing about dyson I've never seen with other vacuums is the amount of hair it pulls up off the rug. Its kind of gross cleaning it out, but you know its doing its job. Its a really well thought out product. We also used the 20% off coupon.[/quote
Isn't it amazing what comes out of the carpet?? Also, if you use someone elses vacuum after using a Dyson, you realize how much dust blows right back out and into the air. I am just so impressed with this machine!

Old 10-09-2008, 09:20 AM

630 posts, read 1,877,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
Isn't it amazing what comes out of the carpet?? Also, if you use someone elses vacuum after using a Dyson, you realize how much dust blows right back out and into the air. I am just so impressed with this machine!
I think everyone's first reaction (if theres someone with long hair in the house) is "OMG I'm going bald". Both my wife and mother freaked out when they first saw the giant hair ball. I call it The Grudge

Old 10-09-2008, 09:34 AM

2,115 posts, read 7,085,294 times
OK, so where does one get a Dyson? Sounds like something we definitely need.

And, while we're at it, are those steam cleaners for carpets any good? If so, steer me to a good one. We need to clean our carpet more often than we can get it done professionally.

Sara

Old 10-09-2008, 11:00 AM

1,908 posts, read 4,981,082 times
Hi Sarah, Dysons are available at Major stores like Lowes, Sears, etc. They are always the same price in each store as the prices are set by Dyson. Bed, Bath & Beyond and Linen & Things sell them in their larger stores and you can use the 20% off coupons that are always in the mail.(they honor each others coupons) These machines are not cheap, but worth every penny.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:34 AM

578 posts, read 2,598,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by car54 View Post
Remember the "I Love Lucy" episode that Lucy tried selling vacuums door-to-door?

She'd knock on a door, and when they'd open it, she'd throw some dirt onto the floor....so she could demonstrate the vacuum.

One old battleaxe she tried it on says, "My electricity has been turned off".

This thread reminded me of that episode, LOL....thanks!
I remember that! I love I Love Lucy!

Old 05-20-2015, 04:21 PM

1 posts, read 808 times
Read some where that they are scamming and breaking into people's homes later? They came to my house today... Took forever and now I'm worried. The guy demonstrating was very nice, but his "supervisor" was a straight *******.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte