Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 07:10 PM

157 posts, read 790,780 times

Advertisements

Anyone have experience giving birth at both hospitals (Presby on Hawthorne and CMC Main)? Would love to get a comparison on which you liked better and why...Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 07:59 PM

513 posts, read 2,111,885 times
I have had babies at both hospitals. While both were good, I personally preferred Presby. Both have Level IV NICU's, which is important. I gave birth at Presby shortly after they opened the new Women's Center there. It was very nice and very clean. I didn't like the atmosphere quite as much at CMC (though it may have changed since I had my baby there). I also got much more help from the lactation consultants at Presby. When I was at CMC, I didn't get much help and had a really hard time (though it being my first baby probably didn't help either!!). I would suggest you take a tour of both and decide for youself. Both are great places to have a baby!

Old 03-01-2008, 03:38 AM

450 posts, read 2,321,796 times
I know someone who just gave birth at Presb. and she was very happy with it, I also know someone who had 2 babies at CMC-Main and she felt it was good, too. I think both will be equally good so it would be a good idea to visit and get a feel for each one to see which one you like best based on that.

I think I personally would choose Presbyterian...

Old 03-01-2008, 04:51 AM

850 posts, read 2,650,980 times
Presbyterian is the best.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:35 PM

2 posts, read 11,055 times
Default Cost?

If you have experience in both hospitals, do they cost around the same amount? I am delivering in December, and have to select which hospital. I was comparing the cost of my doctor with a friend's doctor in Gastonia-- and my Charlotte doctor's fee is over 50% more than her doctors.... Just wondering if I should select one hospital over the other based on cost since both hospitals are highly rated. My insurance covers 90% after my 1750 copay.

Old 06-25-2008, 06:52 PM

930 posts, read 2,161,436 times
It's been awhile since I worked in health insurance and I was in Florida, but don't they have the usual and customary here as well. Shouldn't the allowed charges be the same for the same thing for each dr. How can one dr. charge more than the other if you have insurance and they accept your insurance?

Old 06-25-2008, 06:54 PM

797 posts, read 3,295,817 times
Presby is AWESOME and feels like a Westin inside! You can take take a tour of both. I had a horrible experience at CMC. The care at Presy seemed superior compared to CMC.

Old 06-25-2008, 07:37 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,800,621 times
We just had a baby this past weekend @ CMC Pineville and the experience couldn't have been better!!! Awesome nurses and Dr's and everyone was nothing but helpful!!!

They offer a lot of classes through the CMC system and it doesn't matter where you're delivering that I highly recommend.

Old 03-25-2009, 03:23 PM

1 posts, read 7,020 times
i have had 2 kids at presby loved it before and after remodel now going for my third and im not really impressed with cmc kind of cold and not very comfortable. i had a great time a t presby they were so friendly and very helpful... I am going with presby..

Old 03-26-2009, 08:03 PM
kk1

17 posts, read 52,682 times
I delivered at Presbyterian Uptown and had the best experience. I even had some complications, but the care was unbelievable. Everyone was so friendly, professional and courteous. I bonded with my delivery nurse and she even came to my room the next day and spent time with me. She had made sure that I had a room with a view of downtown. The lady that delivered the food was even looking out for my husband and would bring him food (even though she wasn't supposed too!). I had to stay an extra day because of complications and was happy to do so. I even cried when they were wheeling me out (I know a little hormonal!). But I was actually talking to another girl that delivered there and she said that she cried too. I would say it was about as good as a hospital could get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte