Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 08:48 PM

311 posts, read 916,003 times

Advertisements

Normally on these boards, when someone gives a rave review of a restaurant or store, they are accused of advertising for it or owning it, or something like that. NOT the case here.. so let's move on.

I am just here to say that if you are looking for great tasty pizza... I, as a native New Yorker, am here to tell you that Giacomo's Pizzeria in North Charlotte has definitely gotten it right. They have been there about 20 years the lady said. The cheese, the bread, the sauce.. it is all wonderful and New Yorker-esque, even better than some pizza I've had back home! The garlic knots and the desserts are great also, and I've heard all the other dishes are fantastic as well. That's about all I have to say.. give them a whirl, we always enjoy our meal!!! They are on Berkeley Place drive I believe, not far down the road from where the Rita's Ices is located. =D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 08:50 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,410,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeSweetHomeNY View Post
Normally on these boards, when someone gives a rave review of a restaurant or store, they are accused of advertising for it or owning it, or something like that. NOT the case here.. so let's move on.

I am just here to say that if you are looking for great tasty pizza... I, as a native New Yorker, am here to tell you that Giacomo's Pizzeria in North Charlotte has definitely gotten it right. They have been there about 20 years the lady said. The cheese, the bread, the sauce.. it is all wonderful and New Yorker-esque, even better than some pizza I've had back home! The garlic knots and the desserts are great also, and I've heard all the other dishes are fantastic as well. That's about all I have to say.. give them a whirl, we always enjoy our meal!!! They are on Berkeley Place drive I believe, not far down the road from where the Rita's Ices is located. =D

Yep, that's the one we hit. The pizza's fantastic, the sandwiches are great and the pasta dishes are on the mark too. Once or twice they've thrown us garlic knots, I guess for being repeat customers. Probably the only pizza place that rivals my favorite one back in Old Bridge, NJ.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:14 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,144,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeSweetHomeNY View Post
You've been registered for ten months and have 225 posts. I don't think anyone would've accused you of anything. It's the people who register just to post a glowing review of an obscure new restaurant who seem suspicious.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:04 AM

Good to know Timm! I guess that is true.. I just wanted to give a good solid review with no jaded-ness.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:42 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,622,608 times
I love New York pizza. Everytime I am up there I make sure to stop at Sbarro's. They have the best NY pizza!

Old 07-13-2009, 12:08 PM

1,921 posts, read 2,018,280 times
You know, you're supposed to add a smiley face so we know you're attempting irony.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:16 PM

7 posts, read 51,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
I love New York pizza. Everytime I am up there I make sure to stop at Sbarro's. They have the best NY pizza!

Some one seems to be a fan of the "OFFICE", Mr. Michael Scott..

Old 07-13-2009, 12:23 PM

1,921 posts, read 2,018,280 times
My name is DWIGHT!

Old 07-13-2009, 12:45 PM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,804 times
Is it the Giacomo's pizza near the new K&W Cafeteria right off of Mallard Creek? There's a dentist office there and a Wild Wing Cafe as well.

If so, the sauce on the pizza is bland, the chicken piccata was terrible (water and bland as well) and they certainly haven't been there for 20 years since the whole complex opened up maybe 5 years ago and Giacomo's wasn't even the first pizza joint in there.

If not, well then disregard the above.

Old 07-15-2009, 04:07 PM

That is the Giacomo's i'm talking about.. I know bland and I have neverrrr thought their sauce was bland. Could it have been an off day or was this multiple times? That is really odd to me. I thought the sauce in particular was very spot on, and definitely tasty. Never had the chicken piccata.. can't comment on that. I think the owner meant they've been in Charlotte for 20 years, not in that specific complex. I think you need to go back one day theRoc! I wonder if anyone else feels this way? I'm picky as junk about my pizza, so I'm shocked to think you would think it's bland.. hm. I can understand if people don't like it as I like it.. but bland? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte