Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 02:00 PM

1,311 posts, read 4,680,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Awww - Mullman - I just call it like I see it! And it is true. I look like a marshmallow in that fur coat these days!!!!
Ani, I'm still giggling about the blue marshmallow!
Fur's not my thing, so I had to look up the blue Norwegian. Beautiful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 09:55 AM

5 posts, read 10,295 times
Default Oh look...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
So how many people have seen others wearing a fur coat today? You get bonus points if you can identify the animals used.
Oh look, it's cold out and I'm wearing my raccoon coat.. and loving it ! That's one!

And Mullman,, RIGHT On ! . Who would EVER live their life as dictated by Political correctness. Wimps!

Last edited by rongav; 04-04-2009 at 09:57 AM.. Reason: Continuation

Old 04-04-2009, 10:01 AM

Default I bet they'll come back big time SOONER

Quote:
Originally Posted by flexysteve View Post
Looks like we're on a 50 year cycle with the fur, so expect a come back in 2020 or 2030

But with this cold weather... I'd wear one.
With furs being popular in the economic growth of the 80's and 90's following the recession of the 0's -- my guess is that we'll see a resurgence of furs around 2015 or so... At least I hope so!

Old 08-01-2009, 10:03 AM

Cool My Raccoon Coat(s)

I grew up envious of the guys pictured on the Rockwell cover. Since a kid I've wanted a raccoon coat -- as big and slendid as these four gentlemen's. It didn't happen untll I was well on my own and capable of buying a used raccoon coat off ebay 10 years ago. Since then I have sold and purchased others to where I now have three coats -- all different styles and lengths. OK, excessive I admit, but I do enjoy wearing them in frigid weather. And the comments? All I receive are positive and fun encouraging remarks.

I'll have to post a picture sometime -- just for fun.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:21 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,550,351 times
I have 5 fur coats that I love, mink, lynx, fox...I love 'em all. Never really gets cold enough here to wear them tho . One of these days I'll get my Mom to give me her blackglama Givenchy....ooooooh!

I don't care if it's not PC either, so don't bother preaching to me

Old 08-01-2009, 10:42 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,478,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I have 5 fur coats that I love, mink, lynx, fox...I love 'em all. Never really gets cold enough here to wear them tho . One of these days I'll get my Mom to give me her blackglama Givenchy....ooooooh!

Sophia . . . I have worn my fox when in the mountains. So let's just glam up one day this winter, head to Blowing Rock in the snow and do our thing.

Believe me, there will be plenty of others up there sporting their furs, too.

I have never understood the hypocrisy of folks who eat meat, wear leather, buy leather furniture, handbags, etc . . . and are all uptight about folks who wear fur. It just never made sense to me.

Old 08-01-2009, 10:54 AM

2,353 posts, read 4,653,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
It's easy to dismiss something because it's "PC", but really, it doesn't have anything to do with political correctness. Some people choose not to wear fur - or other animal products - because of the extreme level of cruelty and pain the animals experienced to get to the point of being wearable items.

I'm not one of those people that thinks everyone should believe as I do - if you are aware of that pain, and either don't care if animals are treated humanely, or your desire to wear the fur trumps the compassion you feel, go for it! I won't splash paint, or give you a hard time.

But please don't dismiss my choice as just "politically correct". It's from my heart, my beliefs, and how I want to live in the world. It doesn't have anything to do with PC.

Old 08-01-2009, 03:27 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,134,063 times
Quote:
Sophia . . . I have worn my fox when in the mountains. So let's just glam up one day this winter, head to Blowing Rock in the snow and do our thing.

I have never understood the hypocrisy of folks who eat meat, wear leather, buy leather furniture, handbags, etc . . . and are all uptight about folks who wear fur. It just never made sense to me.
don't worry, I'm not going to lecture, but I think the argument is the fact that the animals are specifically killed for their fur and not for us to eat. I don't know if the cows that provide the leather for clothing and furniture are specifically "leather" cows, or if we eat them too. I bet you can google it Ani and find out for us!!

Old 08-01-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteGal View Post
It's easy to dismiss something because it's "PC", but really, it doesn't have anything to do with political correctness. Some people choose not to wear fur - or other animal products - because of the extreme level of cruelty and pain the animals experienced to get to the point of being wearable items.

I'm not one of those people that thinks everyone should believe as I do - if you are aware of that pain, and either don't care if animals are treated humanely, or your desire to wear the fur trumps the compassion you feel, go for it! I won't splash paint, or give you a hard time.

But please don't dismiss my choice as just "politically correct". It's from my heart, my beliefs, and how I want to live in the world. It doesn't have anything to do with PC.

Errr, I actually love animals. I was raised on a farm and my Mom is married to a vet. You do not know me, so don't judge me. I've probably been involved in the rescue of at least 100 animals, and that's a low figure.

I don't believe I ever judged people who do not choose to wear fur?

Old 08-01-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:

Ohh yes! Sounds like fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte