Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2010, 12:50 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,611,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO PANTHERS!! View Post
The Franks hot sauce can be found here from time to time. The only places I've found carrying it are Harris Teeter and Lowes foods. But it seems to be seasonal. They don't always have it... I like getting it when they have it but would certainly like to know I can go out and pick it up whenever I want.

The Hot dogs I'm talking about are nothing like Nathans. More like a deli hot dog. Similar to a cooney... You ever see 2 dozen hot dogs still all connected together like in the old deli's and butchers shops? Thick casings that snap when you bite into them? Longer than a hot dog bun...

Thankyou for your help though...
Interesting that you haven't been able to find it from time to time. I almost always look at hot sauces at Teeter and always see it there. I love trying different ones so that aisle is one of my favorite stopping places.

I know the type of dogs you are talking about, but Nathans does snap when you bite into it. Still different, but does snap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 12:55 PM

530 posts, read 1,182,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyrn0224 View Post
Barq's RED cream soda!!! OMG....love that stuff. They sell the root beer here but not the creme soda. I've bought other creme sodas in the past but none of them are the same. My grandparents lived in Cincinnati and I went there a lot in the summer as a kid...I lived for that creme soda. They used to ship it to us so I'd have some throughout the year.

If y'all can give me a lead on this stuff I'd be forever grateful!!
Someone will need to help me remember the name of this place. It's on the tip of my tongue. There are 2 of them that I know of. It's a little upper end granola type convenience store. They sell wine, grains, candy, a few hippy/granola type items, a wide selection of obscure soft drinks. They have a little sandwich shop where you can order sandwiches made to order. There is one just off of providence road behind the Starbucks

I've had cream soda there before. They have a few different brands to choose from.

Had an Orange Cream soda that was really good..

Old 01-10-2010, 01:17 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,611,475 times
Quote:
Someone will need to help me remember the name of this place. It's on the tip of my tongue. There are 2 of them that I know of. It's a little upper end granola type convenience store. They sell wine, grains, candy, a few hippy/granola type items, a wide selection of obscure soft drinks. They have a little sandwich shop where you can order sandwiches made to order. There is one just off of providence road behind the Starbucks

I've had cream soda there before. They have a few different brands to choose from.

Had an Orange Cream soda that was really good..
Is it Laurel Market? Laurel Market :: Charlotte, NC :: Deli, Catering, Wine & Beer (http://laurelmarketdeli.com/index.htm - broken link)

Old 01-10-2010, 01:17 PM

54 posts, read 194,629 times
There are some pretty good hot dogs at BJ's. I forget who makes them but they have natural casings. I don't remember if they are still connected in a long "rope" or not but they were connected at one time. They come in a box and are made by a MA company if I remember correctly. They are the best hot dogs I've found down here. What I really miss now are the New England style rolls for my hot dogs.

They might be Kayem brand.

Old 01-10-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Is it Laurel Market? Laurel Market :: Charlotte, NC :: Deli, Catering, Wine & Beer (http://laurelmarketdeli.com/index.htm - broken link)

Thats it.

Plenty of creamsoda options. They may even have the one you're looking for. Give them a call..

Old 01-10-2010, 02:01 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,134,063 times
Go Panthers, I shop at several different local stores, so I'll be on the lookout for your stuff. I'll let you know if I see it anywhere!

Old 01-12-2010, 06:36 PM

446 posts, read 831,043 times
Thanks for the info on Laurel's...I'll have to check them out. Do they just sell single drinks or do they sell them by six/twelve packs? I know exactly where that place is, been to the Starbucks a ton of times but never really paid attention to the market! This board is great for finding out things you just never knew about Charlotte!

Old 01-12-2010, 07:12 PM

810 posts, read 2,292,135 times
Quote:
The Franks hot sauce can be found here from time to time. The only places I've found carrying it are Harris Teeter and Lowes foods. But it seems to be seasonal. They don't always have it... I like getting it when they have it but would certainly like to know I can go out and pick it up whenever I want.

The Hot dogs I'm talking about are nothing like Nathans. More like a deli hot dog. Similar to a cooney... You ever see 2 dozen hot dogs still all connected together like in the old deli's and butchers shops? Thick casings that snap when you bite into them? Longer than a hot dog bun...

Thankyou for your help though...
Thumann's Hot Dogs? Let me know if you find them.

Old 01-13-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyrn0224 View Post
Thanks for the info on Laurel's...I'll have to check them out. Do they just sell single drinks or do they sell them by six/twelve packs? I know exactly where that place is, been to the Starbucks a ton of times but never really paid attention to the market! This board is great for finding out things you just never knew about Charlotte!
I think it's all singles.. Beverages in the cooler like at the gas station. But they may sell packs as well.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:24 PM

444 posts, read 1,143,701 times
Lol this is a funny discussion. But im not sure if I should tell you why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte