Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 07:41 PM

34 posts, read 99,514 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me if there are other communities in Union CO. that have the same sort of amenities as the Brandon Oaks community? I love the idea of the pools, tennis, basketball, vollyball etc. We just don't have all that in the communities here. We are lucky to get a pool!lol!

Thanks again for your input!!

Terri
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2007, 07:51 PM

4,139 posts, read 11,492,423 times
It really depends on your price range I think. Most of the new places (bigger ones) I see have lots of amenities. Marvin Creek, Providence Downs South, Cureton, Lawson and such all have them.

I know there are LOTS of new areas I don't even know about, but those are the ones I see near me.

Dawn

Old 03-08-2007, 09:03 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,170,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSch View Post
Can anyone tell me if there are other communities in Union CO. that have the same sort of amenities as the Brandon Oaks community? I love the idea of the pools, tennis, basketball, vollyball etc. We just don't have all that in the communities here. We are lucky to get a pool!lol!

Thanks again for your input!!

Terri
I live in Hunter Oaks -- we have those amenities (no pond though...) many communities in Union County also have similar amenities. Your realtor should be able to assist you with this...feel free to PM me if you would like me to send you some listings Best of luck!

Old 03-09-2007, 06:21 AM

34 posts, read 99,514 times
Great! Thanks for the info! Communitites like that that don't really exsist in Colorado too much, at least not in our price range! Our HOA is over $300/yr and we only have a pool....which isn't even free.

Sounds like the norm around there though!

Thanks again!

Terri

Old 03-10-2007, 12:28 PM

65 posts, read 206,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by south.charlotte&union View Post
I live in Hunter Oaks -- we have those amenities (no pond though...) many communities in Union County also have similar amenities. Your realtor should be able to assist you with this...feel free to PM me if you would like me to send you some listings Best of luck!
How do you like Hunter Oaks? I saw a house for sale online, and the SD looks really nice?

Old 03-10-2007, 06:18 PM

1,453 posts, read 5,150,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momfromct View Post
How do you like Hunter Oaks? I saw a house for sale online, and the SD looks really nice?

Hunter Oaks is one of the most popular neighborhoods in our area. It is very family oriented and conveniently located, but yet inside Union County so the tax base is lower. If you'd like more information on a specific property feel free to pm me . I can give you property details.

Old 03-10-2007, 06:24 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,170,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momfromct View Post
We love it here
Moderator cut: removed Somerset is also in this area -- homes in these communities tend to move quickly -- IMO because they are subject to county only taxes and are VERY close to the South Charlotte border. I'm not moving anythime soon

Old 03-10-2007, 10:54 PM

15 posts, read 69,729 times
There are many communities in the area that have such amenities, but one thing you might want to check out are the rules that go with them. For example, I live in Brandon Oaks where we have two pools; children 11 and older can go to the pool without a parent, and we have excellent lifeguards that are VERY strict and effective. Pools in the summer have been open as late as 10 pm on Friday nights. Other communities have a pool, but children have to be 16 to go without a parent, and then some of those communities are "swim at your own risk" as they provide no lifeguards. So if you are interested in a particular community and the pool is important, it would be worth your while to get the details of the Covenants and Restrictions if those things are important to you. You can PM me for further info on Brandon Oaks or any other Union County/South Charlotte community as I'd be more than happy to be a resource for you.

Old 04-14-2007, 12:31 AM
Emy

113 posts, read 409,077 times
Default Brandon Oaks

HI,
Can you give me some more information about Brandon Oaks? How does it compare to the Reserve and Lawson? Thanks

Old 04-14-2007, 06:16 AM

536 posts, read 1,693,888 times
I live in "The Reserve", it has a nice pool, with kiddie section, play area for kids, and walking trails. The Reserve website - http://thereserve-hoa.com/outside_frame.asp (broken link)

Here is the Lawson website (nice website) , I don't think they have all the amenities yet though, heading out there today.
Moderator cut: website w/builder sales links
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte