Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 05:30 PM

82 posts, read 319,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sippi View Post
i know. i live in one. BUT, its much more expensive than i was expecting, but we sacrificed cost for location. We love it. We just got back from sitting on an outdoor patio drinking beer in the sun. And its a 5 minute walk...
Location is all that matters as far as resale goes. People crow about property taxes, but at $3/gallon gasoline, I'll take the higher taxes, shorter commute, and more predictable supply/demand.

And I'm only a 10-minute walk to Cheesecake factory myself...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2007, 05:34 PM

227 posts, read 292,731 times
I ate at a Cheesecake Factory for the 1st time about a month ago..and like someone just said.. wow, the menu is...shall i say. quite diverse and large!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Actually I'm not a fan of the food- but since you asked- a Burrito.

I only like the desserts (the cheescake). Carmel Apple Strussel cheesecake w/ a little cream and a cup of coffee anytime...

Old 03-22-2007, 05:35 PM

435 posts, read 1,814,596 times
And that is why you learn the back roads to get to Carolina Place. I avoid those intersections at all costs.

Quote:
People seem to relish this. Whenever i need to go to Carolina Place for something, i get physically ill. Its crazy busy.

Old 03-22-2007, 05:37 PM

227 posts, read 292,731 times
Yeah, gas was also a factor for us in the equation...and it became very obvious we were filling up far less often than we used to where we used to live...Its all relative. We are a little further west/north than U. cant walk to the Factory....hah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clt_gator View Post
Location is all that matters as far as resale goes. People crow about property taxes, but at $3/gallon gasoline, I'll take the higher taxes, shorter commute, and more predictable supply/demand.

And I'm only a 10-minute walk to Cheesecake factory myself...

Old 03-22-2007, 05:38 PM

876 posts, read 3,792,173 times
Quote:
Ahh, yes CHeesecake Factory. The pinnacle of fine dining. Burrito or Quiche Monsieur??
Que? I'll take the Mile High Meatloaf please...

Old 03-22-2007, 05:41 PM

82 posts, read 319,523 times
Quote:
Yeah, gas was also a factor for us in the equation...and it became very obvious we were filling up far less often than we used to where we used to live...Its all relative. We are a little further west/north than U. cant walk to the Factory....hah.
With the new Piedmont Town Center, it's fun to be able to make trips to Starbucks with the dogs & sit on the patio. Sort of like urban(ish) living in the burbs.

I've lived all over town, literally. But this section is my favorite, for sure -- the older neighborhoods along the Park Rd corridor.

Old 03-22-2007, 06:02 PM

189 posts, read 580,107 times
I love Applebees for the nachos and boneless buffalo wings. Otherwise I will pass. The Cheesecake Factory is so average in my opinion, but the serving sizes always make me :-)

Old 03-23-2007, 06:51 AM

348 posts, read 429,922 times
Tho I think chains are definitely dominating the USA--not just Charlotte. I mean, there's a Chili's in Time Square, people!

There are many, many, non-chain restaurants in South Charlotte/Ballantyne area in particular. 131 Main, Sterlings, Sugar Magnolia, Table, Cajun Yarddog, Dakotas, Encore, Firenze, etc. I can sit here and probably name 3 dozen non-chains real quickly that are really good/NYC quality. South Park area also sports a bunch of fabulous non-chains--Roosters, Zebra, etc.

It takes a little more effort to find you local non-chain, but when you spot 'em around here, they tend to be delicious!

Happy eating!

Old 03-23-2007, 07:32 AM

478 posts, read 2,045,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clt_gator View Post
Well, we're paying $6.67 a gallon, so $3 is going to be a bargain. It's all relative, I suppose.

We won't be patronising establishments involving factories of any sort. Can't be a good sign for US obesity when cheesecake is offered in factory portions...

Old 03-23-2007, 09:46 AM

3 posts, read 10,767 times
Greensboro and Winston will eventually turn into Charlottes. Just wait and see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte