Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 08:44 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times

Advertisements

I notice the other day that structures are starting to go up beside the Bilo in Market Square or Rosedale (lol why is there two names for that shopping center). Are those going to be single family homes or townhomes.
And anyone have a clue what buisness are being put in across the street beside another walgreens?

At the intersection of McCoy and Gilead I notice they layed the gutter lines so it appears to be turn into a housing development . Anyone have inside scoop if they will be townhomes or single family homes?

I hate seeing construction going on and not knowing what is going there til it done lol .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2007, 10:39 PM

1,502 posts, read 4,084,858 times
Went by there yesterday and saw all the construction. They had signs out in front of some of the lots with info on what was coming, but I dont recall what they said.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:57 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,658,517 times
Walgreens, Starbucks, and Tijuana Flats, so far. Also supposed to be some medical and professional offices.

Across the street, next to BI-LO is Wachovia and an apartment complex.

On the corner of Gilead and McCoy - no idea. I think that's just a new part of the Huntersville Business Park, so probably more office space.

Old 03-29-2007, 06:00 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,836,150 times
All the "stuff" on the hospital side is supposed to be a medical park. Dr offices and such.

Old 03-29-2007, 08:22 AM

543 posts, read 1,825,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
All the "stuff" on the hospital side is supposed to be a medical park. Dr offices and such.
Torrence Village is the stuff on the hospital side.

Couple of related efforts:
http://www.theghazicompany.com/future_huntersville.htm (broken link)

Walgreens is going to be the anchor, starbucks, 2 guys burger (or is it 5 guys?) Not sure what else.

http://www.huntersvillebusinesspark.com/default.asp?id=28 (broken link)

The stuff on the bi-Lo side is called Market Place Phase II or something like that and I haven't been able to find out much about that yet.

Old 03-29-2007, 08:41 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,836,150 times
Great links!

Old 03-29-2007, 01:23 PM

3 posts, read 44,606 times
Default Don't move to Huntersville if you are over 28, male and single!

If you are not from NC, male,single and past your late twenties do not move to Huntersville. It is a pretty place, great for families. It is horrible for singles. Especially if you come from a Chicago, LA, Phoenix, Denver or any other major city you will lose your mind. Everywhere time I go out I see couples, tons of single guys, and families in the Huntersville, Mooresville, Lake Norman area. Don't get me wrong, great place if that fits you. But I am ready to shoot myself after 14 months here. There is just nothing for 28 + single guys who are not from the south in Huntersville.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:00 PM

1 posts, read 12,687 times
With all the building boom at exit 23/Huntersville, the only "quaint" feel left are the roads.
The Gilead & 21 intersection can back up both roads and even I-77 for miles.
And they want/plan to develop at the Gilead and 115 intersection.
It already takes multiple greenlites to move thru there in the daytime.

It's really a shame. The congestion is taking away from the appeal of this
area being a laid back "small town" but really close to downtown.

To: Kessler
I agree. Great pretty place but..... and you forgot retirees.
Coming from Chicago, Denver and CA, I am experiencing the
same as an outofstate female. I think most single imports feel it too.
But I love Cheerwine, never had that before.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:49 PM

473 posts, read 1,578,979 times
Red face Suburbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by kessler View Post
If you are not from NC, male,single and past your late twenties do not move to Huntersville. It is a pretty place, great for families. It is horrible for singles. Especially if you come from a Chicago, LA, Phoenix, Denver or any other major city you will lose your mind. Everywhere time I go out I see couples, tons of single guys, and families in the Huntersville, Mooresville, Lake Norman area. Don't get me wrong, great place if that fits you. But I am ready to shoot myself after 14 months here. There is just nothing for 28 + single guys who are not from the south in Huntersville.
You are in suburbia Huntersville, it is not like the City of Charlotte. I really wouldn't expect all that much of a nightlife. There are your local neighborhood bars and Cheeseburger in Paradise, Birkdale pubs, but most of it's centered around food, as far as I can tell. I'm a housewife so I'm not familiar with the late night hot spots. I've heard the Rusty Rudder is pretty happening but haven't been there. Sorry to hear you are having a hard time meeting women. I know of a few here in Rosedale but most are married with children...

Old 04-12-2007, 12:08 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kessler View Post
If you moved here doing any research (city data city stats are great) you would have seen the population of huntersville and knew right off the bat that it may not have what you are looking for. You are comparing Huntersville to Major cities and that is apples to oranges.

I am not going to comment on the lifestyle you lead but a quality significant other probably isnt in a bar but the beauty of Huntersville it is a short commute into Charlotte but with a better quality of living.

I also regret your not happy but you cant even compare charlotte to Chicago, LA, or phoenix those populations have 1 to 2 million more people so it is in a different league and never has boasted to be equal or better than those cities, much less Huntersville.

Quote:
Originally Posted by More 2 Explore View Post
With all the building boom at exit 23/Huntersville, the only "quaint" feel left are the roads.
The Gilead & 21 intersection can back up both roads and even I-77 for miles.
And they want/plan to develop at the Gilead and 115 intersection.
It already takes multiple greenlites to move thru there in the daytime.

It's really a shame. The congestion is taking away from the appeal of this
area being a laid back "small town" but really close to downtown.
Im sorry for your frustration too but enjoy it close proximitity to take your dates that you may meet in charlotte. Take them to the raptor center, latta plantation or rent a boat to use out on the lake.

The congestion at that intersection is really those trying to turn right vs left (where all the new stuff is going).

Yes it is a problem but it really the state fault that Huntersville, Mecklenburg cant do anything about unless it place on the state DOT agenda and provides the funding.
I often sit there and pray if I need to get off the exit make a right then a left onto 21 !! The road was design when the city was in early birth about 15 years ago when Huntersville was only about 3,000 people not 40k. As I sit at that light I often wonder how can they fix that problem and I have no clue because there isnt enough length on gilead between 77 and 21 at exit 23 and 25.
Do I think Gilead is becoming another Sam Furr Oh yeah but lol it doesnt harm character of the town itself. Quiet neighborhoods, close shopping, friendly people. Jackson Java has great selection of coffee and for those into nightlife it only a 15 minute commute to uptown at night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte