Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2007, 09:54 AM

4 posts, read 9,491 times

Advertisements

-I'm very interested in both of these counties. I have an offer to teach in one and plan to pursue the other further. Can someone please tell me the pro's and con's of these areas. How do they differ, how are they the same? Thanks ahead of time for any info.

-Also I have been in contact with representatives from Harnett and Moore county schools as well. What is it like to live in these areas? I'm looking for a safe, affordable, and interesting community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2007, 10:43 AM

1,453 posts, read 5,152,016 times
Mecklenburg Co is very progressive and diverse. The school system has a new Superintendent that seems to be making some very positive changes. Union County schools are popular with newcomers. The Charlotte area in general has a lot to offer. Take a look at visitCharlotte.com; newcomer.com and charmeck.org. If you're interested in seeing what homes are like you can look at my website, found in my profile.

Moore County is also nice; lot of retirees there at Pinehurst. Farm Life School is highly rated. Nice conservative rural areas mostly around Moore County.

Old 03-30-2007, 07:27 PM

396 posts, read 1,631,648 times
For what it's worth...as a recent transplant to Union Co. I can't say enough nice things about the UCSD. They went above and beyond to accommodate us. I received numerous calls from the asst. Superintendent when we moved in and when another issue came up. The principal at our school is great and so are the teachers. This is our third school district in a year (we're done now) and this is the best....from a parent perspective. As for safety...the first place we've lived for a while that my kids can "take off" in the neighborhood and I feel totally safe for them. Good luck. All of those areas are beautiful and I'm sure you'll be very safe and happy.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:02 PM
SAA

11 posts, read 59,310 times
I am also moving to Union County from Long Island in August. My kids will be in the Weddington school district and are 15, 12 and 10. Where do you live?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte