Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 09:22 PM

92 posts, read 279,999 times

Advertisements

Well I know that some of the main posters here from Charlotte know me well by now, and know that I am moving this mid June,, and I came to Charlotte looking for a rental house,,, and I was looking mainly in Matthews as we were advised by everybody since I am gonna work in CMC-union and wanna be a little close to uptown,,, but today me and my DWife ,,, we came across one house in Stallings that is really nice around 2000 s.f and 4 bedrooms,,, and 1500$ but the finish is really good inside,,, and brand new only less than a year old house,,,

But my question is now,,,
Should I take it,, I didn't sign no papers yet, but tomorrow I will have to,, I cannot procrastinate, the property manager seems very straightforward guy,

But what I wanna know,,, is it as good as Matthews?
And preschools there?
What about crime?
What about people diversity in there?
What about the price for this house? which I was able to take it down to 1350$/month for rent?
What is the best gyms near this place?
What are the questions to ask before leasing a house? this is my first house to rent?

Thank you so much,
I really would appreciate a reply from any body before it is too late...
thanks

soooma
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 09:39 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
Well I know that some of the main posters here from Charlotte know me well by now, and know that I am moving this mid June,, and I came to Charlotte looking for a rental house,,, and I was looking mainly in Matthews as we were advised by everybody since I am gonna work in CMC-union and wanna be a little close to uptown,,, but today me and my DWife ,,, we came across one house in Stallings that is really nice around 2000 s.f and 4 bedrooms,,, and 1500$ but the finish is really good inside,,, and brand new only less than a year old house,,,

But my question is now,,,
Should I take it,, I didn't sign no papers yet, but tomorrow I will have to,, I cannot procrastinate, the property manager seems very straightforward guy,

But what I wanna know,,, is it as good as Matthews?
And preschools there?
What about crime?
What about people diversity in there?
What about the price for this house? which I was able to take it down to 1350$/month for rent?
What is the best gyms near this place?
What are the questions to ask before leasing a house? this is my first house to rent?

Thank you so much,
I really would appreciate a reply from any body before it is too late...
thanks

soooma

I would advise taking the house. The location is good for your job and it's just on the other side of Matthews, so it is still very close to everything you need. The price for that amount of square footage and how nice the interior of the home is, is very fair. Most homes that size START at $1500 and go up quickly, so I think getting them down to that price was great. Care to share the name of the neighborhood so we can help you further?

Old 05-03-2009, 10:14 PM

Default Thank you for such a quick reply,,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I would advise taking the house. The location is good for your job and it's just on the other side of Matthews, so it is still very close to everything you need. The price for that amount of square footage and how nice the interior of the home is, is very fair. Most homes that size START at $1500 and go up quickly, so I think getting them down to that price was great. Care to share the name of the neighborhood so we can help you further?
Thank you Loves Mountains,,,
Well before I tell you more about the house and community,,, I have to tell you that I fell for charlotte,, and you have something beautiful about this city,, that I didn't find in California LA, or in Seattle, or of course Cleveland,,,
it smells of Nature,,, trees, roses,,, I can drive 50 miles in country roads,, and this drives me ecstatic , and I also loved the restaurant on the lake Rusty Rudder,,, and i loved concord mills outlet mall,,, and I also like birkdale village,,,, can you believe I saw all this plus looking for a rental in one day???!!!!
I can go on and on,,, I can write up to 10 pages of how much I fell in love for charlotte, and my wife also did,,, even my little 3.5 year old daughter was very happy,,, and said she doesn't wanna go back to Cleveland any more ,,,,

any way
back to the house,,, it is said to be around 2200 sf "approximately" ,,, and it is in Fairhaven,,, and I gave them the deposit and I think they removed it from the market today because I paid,,, though I will sign tomorrow afternoon the contract,,, but I gave him my word...

by the way,,, does the garage count towards the square footage,,,
and
What do you think of,, when someone tells you they are gonna live in Stallings,,, does the first tle thing come to mind "they must be unable to rent in Matthews or any nice place?",,, or it is not like that?
I wanna understand,,, what Stallings as a neighbourhood,,, well I understand from the Property manager that houses are not high end ones,,, but does that mean that people there are not as nice or good as in Matthews or Indian trail?

Please advise,,,

soooma

Old 05-03-2009, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Well before I tell you more about the house and community,,, I have to tell you that I fell for charlotte,, and you have something beautiful about this city,, that I didn't find in California LA, or in Seattle, or of course Cleveland,,,
it smells of Nature,,, trees, roses,,, I can drive 50 miles in country roads,, and this drives me ecstatic I can go on and on,,, I can write up to 10 pages of how much I fell in love for charlotte, and my wife also did,,, even my little 3.5 year old daughter was very happy,,, and said she doesn't wanna go back to Cleveland any more ,,,,

any way
back to the house,,, it is said to be around 2200,,, and it is in Fairhaven,,, and I have then deposit and I think they removed it from the market today because I paid,,, though I will sign tomorrow afternoon the contract,,, but I gave him my word...

and
What do you think of,, when someone tells you they are gonna live in Stallings,,, does the first tle thing come to mind "they must be unable to rent in Matthews or any nice place?",,, or it is not like that?
I wanna understand,,, what Stallings as a neighbourhood,,, well I understand from the Property manager that houses are not high end ones,,, but does that mean that people there are not as nice or good as in Matthews or Indian trail?

Please advise,,,

soooma

Sooma, first of all, please put your mind at ease...Stallings is thought of in the same light as Matthews - one is not seen as "better" or more upscale than the other.

No, the garage does not count toward the square footage - only heated living area is square footage.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:22 PM

Default One last question before I drop dead in bed :) about stallings :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Sooma, first of all, please put your mind at ease...Stallings is thought of in the same light as Matthews - one is not seen as "better" or more upscale than the other.

No, the garage does not count toward the square footage - only heated living area is square footage.

I just wanted to know what are a must ask questions to ask before signing a lease contract tomorrow?,,, I have no experience in this field if any

Have a good night
soooma

Old 05-03-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
it smells of Nature,,, trees, roses,,, I can drive 50 miles in country roads,, and this drives me ecstatic , and I also loved the restaurant on the lake Rusty Rudder,,, and i loved concord mills outlet mall,,, and I also like birkdale village,,,, can you believe I saw all this plus looking for a rental in one day???!!!!
I can go on and on,,, I can write up to 10 pages of how much I fell in love for charlotte, and my wife also did,,, even my little 3.5 year old daughter was very happy,,, and said she doesn't wanna go back to Cleveland any more ,,,,

any way
back to the house,,, it is said to be around 2200 sf "approximately" ,,, and it is in Fairhaven,,, and I gave them the deposit and I think they removed it from the market today because I paid,,, though I will sign tomorrow afternoon the contract,,, but I gave him my word...

and

Please advise,,,

soooma

So very glad you have found Charlotte to be better than your expectations

I have to say, I really like the area around Fairhaven. Don't know anything about the subdivision to tell you, but the Stephens Mill Rd area is all very nice with good schools and convenient shopping in Mint Hill and Matthews.

Congrats on finding a great house!!

Old 05-03-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:

I just wanted to know what are a must ask questions to ask before signing a lease contract tomorrow?,,, I have no experience in this field if any

Have a good night
soooma
Well, a few I can think of are:

Are we allowed to have a pet? (in case you decide you want to) What is the extra cost for a pet deposit?

Is the rent set for the whole 12 months or do they have an option to raise it with 30 days notice?

Hopefully others will chime in with some suggestions. Check back on here tomorrow before you go sign it!!

Old 05-04-2009, 05:10 AM

39 posts, read 121,275 times
Default Ask Landlord

Hi Sooma,
I'm not familiar with that neighborhood but I looked it up to see where it is. I go to church off Idlewild Rd and live on the other side of 74 in Indian Trail so I'm familiar with the general area. It's a very nice, quiet area, super easy to get to Matthews, Indian Trail, and north to Concord. You'll be in Matthews in less than 10 minutes on 485, probably 20-25 to CMC-Union (I don't know how the rush hour traffic is, but you'll be going opposite of the heaviest, I think). There's a shopping area nearby with some restaurants, Harris Teeter, etc. but you'll easily be able to get to the 74east/ Matthews shopping and stores, too.

If you haven't rented a home before, be sure to ask the landlord/property management who will handle home emergencies like plumbing, broken appliances, etc. and if you'll be responsible for lawn maintenance. Ask if you will have use of the neighborhood amenities, like the pool. Everyone handles things differently, so it's best to ask upfront.

Good luck to you!

Old 05-04-2009, 06:22 AM

172 posts, read 465,641 times
We did a short term rental in Stallings a few years back and had no problems. You'll love the convenience of the area!

Old 05-04-2009, 08:13 AM

211 posts, read 501,549 times
my friend lives there and the people are super friendly... they have "block" parties... and annual garage sales...

pricey area in my opinion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte