Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 10:18 AM

1,546 posts, read 2,550,320 times

Advertisements

Lowercountry- I am not hear to explain anything to you or anyone else. This situation is hilarious and it's very, very simple logic....society is governed by rules and those that break rules, should be held accountable. When society does nothing or takes sides with the rule breakers you have break down in government and problems with society!!!

The landlord and other tenants has problems with rule breakers....if they are making a few bucks in the accountability process that's to their benefit. "Greed" as others mention is not the motive by the property manager or the towing company as is to ensure the successful operations of the center and all of the tenants. I'll bet the signs posted do not state; if you park here, we are greedy and will charge you $50 for parking in another tenants spot.

How would you like to pay $2,000 a month in rent to operate a business where your only parking spaces are taken by another tenant? Where would you like your customers to park? the signs are clearly marked - NO PARKING.

Let's not avoid the facts and get lost with thinking others are trying to get greedy over this. Think of the other tenants and their business needs and the agravations the property manager has to go through policing the owners facility. The people complaining about the charges are the ones breaking the rules.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 11:33 AM

403 posts, read 877,870 times
LC.....If you haven't already been....you may want to go by there and see what is really going on....its like a circus!! I still feel there is an unlying motive for what is going on there. That business has been there for umpteen years....so why is it sooo important now that he try to get people to read his signs? Why all of a sudden....all the pressure to have people booted....to make a point? He could have done this several years ago when another large tenant moved out and down the street....why not then? Why now?

It sure would be a nice turn around if this Property Manager/Owner would help this business find a close "stand alone" building that would accommodate all of her customers...where there would be plenty of parking. A lot of the people that go to her business now...just aren't in the know about their other options.....so they start standing in line way before eight.....so there goes the parking right away. Maybe this PM/O could get his way (if his intentions are to make this tenant want to move) by taking a lesson from the young lady that paid the older womans fine............PAY IT FORWARD!!

Old 05-24-2009, 01:27 PM

841 posts, read 1,431,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
Lowercountry- I am not hear to explain anything to you or anyone else.
I think you still didn't answer my original question. If the sole purpose of the action was to get people to avoid illegal parking why are they threatening legal action against those who are also trying to prevent the illegal parking?

I am completely for upholding the law but in this situation it would seem as if profit by the towing company is hiding behind the guise of enforcing the law. If that were not the case, they would care no less who stopped it, be it the towing company's action or the warnings of those ticketed before them.

Old 05-24-2009, 02:28 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,565,977 times
Lowercountry - Cleveland doesn't want to answer that question because he doesn't have a good answer. He is apparently a miserable soul who enjoys others misfortunes....

Old 05-24-2009, 02:53 PM

403 posts, read 877,870 times
Charlotteborn.........You're...(as in "you are")......Right On!! Right On!! Bravo!! Bravo!! I think you hit the nail "Right On" the head....or should I say....Goard!!

Old 05-24-2009, 03:45 PM

Charlotte Born - I remember when I had my first beer too!
If it says No Parking, it must really mean you can park!
the $50 scam - ok I got it now, the landlord and the towing company and
the property manager are getting rich but stealing from people.

I'll bet this issue goes dead very quickly.

Old 05-24-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
the $50 scam - ok I got it now, the landlord and the towing company and
the property manager are getting rich but stealing from people.

I'll bet this issue goes dead very quickly.
If it goes dead very quickly it will because the bad PR makes the property owner second guess this stance and sends this towing company packing. Otherwise, I highly doubt it, what with the local media on it now.

Getting rich or not is not the issue. How do you explain them running off those trying to warn others? I've asked a couple of times.

Old 05-24-2009, 04:52 PM

You can figure it out after the news media and people who can't read, fall flat on their butts.
I love it!!!

Old 05-24-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
You can figure it out after the news media and people who can't read, fall flat on their butts.
I love it!!!
Now you are just completely ignoring the question, one for which you apparently have no answer. Your instance that I'll figure it out "when the news media and people... fall flat on their butts" makes no sense, is vapid, and futile.

I don't mean to sound offensive, but this is bordering on absurd at this point. One can not escape the fact that the towing company is bilking people and the evidence is there when they run off those trying to help others from parking illegally. To argue incessantly to the contrary without substantive points, which are missing thus far, is a bit disingenuous.

Nevertheless, I am done with debating the point. The sun's coming out now in South Charlotte!

Old 05-25-2009, 05:55 AM

What answer are you looking for? The landlord has terminated the lease for the owner of the plate office. They have to vacate in August - period. Does this mean they want them there for the "greedy" $50....NO! It's private property and if a preacher was standing there like the person you are referring, telling people stuff, the owner has a right by law, to tell them to leave. Do you know anything about our laws and owning private property? What this noble person did, was again, breaking the rules of society and normal people just don't get why we have problems in society today. It's crap like not obeying signs and trying to take matters into their own hands....etc. The only way for this situation to reverse itself going forward, is by changing the laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte