Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2009, 02:44 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,056,251 times

Advertisements

What are your thoughts on this subdivision?
It's off Park Rd and Sharon Rd West.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 01:21 PM

bump

Old 08-17-2009, 01:41 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenie2000 View Post
What are your thoughts on this subdivision?
It's off Park Rd and Sharon Rd West.
sheenie, the neighborhood itself is fine - I just don't like how close it is to the surrounding Sharon Rd West corridor of apartments. There are some crime issues there that I think hurt property values in the general area. But hey, if YOU love a home there and are prepared to be there for a at least 5-7 years I feel sure you wouldn't lose money on your investment Hope this helps.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:52 PM

1,039 posts, read 3,006,260 times
Sheenie,

I know you had purchased a property then found an issue during inspection... Did you guys walk away?

Old 08-17-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
sheenie, the neighborhood itself is fine - I just don't like how close it is to the surrounding Sharon Rd West corridor of apartments. There are some crime issues there that I think hurt property values in the general area. But hey, if YOU love a home there and are prepared to be there for a at least 5-7 years I feel sure you wouldn't lose money on your investment Hope this helps.
Thanks for the advice.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkleoni1 View Post
Sheenie,

I know you had purchased a property then found an issue during inspection... Did you guys walk away?
Yea we did end up walking away. There were actually many issues during the inspection but we moved forward with it. The survey though came back with an encroachment on a sewer easement. We decided to walk because of that.

I never thought house hunting would be this difficult!

Old 08-17-2009, 03:13 PM

1,039 posts, read 3,006,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenie2000 View Post
Yea we did end up walking away. There were actually many issues during the inspection but we moved forward with it. The survey though came back with an encroachment on a sewer easement. We decided to walk because of that.

I never thought house hunting would be this difficult!
So sorry things are so complicated; I think having so many options makes it more complicated in some ways. Also we are being beat over the head with the whole "buyer's market" thing and I think it makes people feel like there is some AMAZING deal waiting around the corner out there.

In the end you will know when something is right for you so try to listen to your instincts.

If it makes you feel any better we are still dealing with our buying/selling circus. It will all be resolved this week but it has be CRAZY. I don't know much about the area, it looks pretty good to me though. Best wishes to you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte