Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 08:15 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kidsmama View Post
can't help but think hook line and stinker

isn't this a joke post?
One would hope it is . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 08:21 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,727,195 times
To the the OP, you have a lot of homes to choose from and the prices are very flexible.

http://charlotte.bizjournals.com/charlotte/stories/2009/06/22/story2.html?b=1245643200^1847572

Old 06-23-2009, 04:59 AM

4,010 posts, read 10,212,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
One would hope it is . . .
Unfortunately places like this actually exist on Lake Norman. Some of them have to be seen to be believed which is difficult without actually going onto the lake. Think that gawd awful home at Queens Rd W. and Princeton. There is a house with a helicopter pad and red helicopter right on the main channel. But yes, I was being a little sarcastic.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:09 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,705,167 times
You would think that OP would have the resources or the ability to find out all the information he wanted without the use of a public forum. Did he ever think of using City-Data demographic information? Calling top flight real estate people, network his business contacts, etc.

Come to think of it I don't recall many people in this forum that have posted the thread "Hi I live in Myers Park and I am rich arrogant and appreciate good things more than those people in zip code 28215"

Might be the first indication that MP is not be for him.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:05 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbollo View Post
Unfortunately places like this actually exist on Lake Norman. Some of them have to be seen to be believed which is difficult without actually going onto the lake. Think that gawd awful home at Queens Rd W. and Princeton. There is a house with a helicopter pad and red helicopter right on the main channel. But yes, I was being a little sarcastic.
Oh, lumbollo - I am right there w/ you that there are "compounds" of conspicuous consumerism that exist around here. I was responding to what I thought was a query about the thread - that surely the OP was not serious - coming on here and posting such a shallow request . . . "where is the wealthiest area of CLT."

The wealthiest people in this region may not be living in what appears to be the most expensive areas of Charlotte/Meck. Many of us are fully aware that some of the wealthiest people in the region do not live in any of the areas we have mentioned. They are living in more modest homes - sometimes outside of Charlotte. What often appears to be the trappings of "wealth" are really the trappings of debt . . . or the manifestation of excess - w/ very little real liquid assets remaining in a bank account.

But your depiction of excess definitely does exist.

My statement was a comment on the silliness of the original post . . . people of real substance don't have to advertise it. In fact, many prefer to keep that info very private.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:05 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,119,159 times
The dude likes to toot his own horn apparently. Guarantee he:

is a millionaire
is 20-something
has a model for a girlfriend
is a super athlete
has black belts in all martial arts
owns numerous businesses
hangs out with celebrities
has done everything on his own with no help whatsoever.
IQ of 170

Old 06-23-2009, 09:25 AM

841 posts, read 1,432,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
The dude likes to toot his own horn apparently. Guarantee he:

is a millionaire
is 20-something
has a model for a girlfriend
is a super athlete
has black belts in all martial arts
owns numerous businesses
hangs out with celebrities
has done everything on his own with no help whatsoever.
IQ of 170
I am willing to bet you he is none of the above. Oh wait... you were being sarcastic. Nevermind then.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:34 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,401,102 times
can't believe that you guys aren't steering him towards the southpark area.
go to phillips place any day of the week and plenty of snobs around.
that's where you flash all your wealth and girlfriends with fake boobs.
a good part of people hanging in southpark are new money , ie snobs , now mind you lots of down to earth neighborhoods around southpark but the snobbery is on full display in the shops.

Old 06-23-2009, 09:59 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,495,941 times
SouthPark Mall = fun people watching!

Old 06-23-2009, 10:00 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,552,263 times
After reading the OPs other posts i have to say that Myers Park is way too classy for him and he would most likely find the snobbery directed at him. I think it's a troll tho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte