Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 06:25 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,801,729 times

Advertisements

OK, here we go...

My father and I went out for dinner last night. We went to Mio Posto in the Tower Place Festival Shopping Center on Hwy 51 in Pineville.

http://www.mioposto.com/index.php

EXCELLENT!!!! I didn't get to personally meet the owners, but they were walking around talking to everyone. Maybe it was because I was so busy stuffing my face The entire restaurant was full and there was even a group of ladies wearing a bunch of red hats (Not sure what that was about). The menu was simple, but had everything a former NY'er would love (rice balls, fra diavolo) My father had the eggplant (AWESOME) and I had the Linguine and Clam Sauce.

In my never ending search to find awesome restaurants in Charlotte that aren't chains, I highly recommend this place. It's authentic as any I've seen in this area. Just so there's no question because I've seen some discussion about regionality, my father and I are both Italian and are from Long Island by way of Brooklyn.

HAPPY EATING!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2007, 06:52 AM

240 posts, read 1,033,647 times
I had lunch there once, and their buffet was pretty bad. Then again, food on the buffet isn't necessarily representative of what their freshly cooked food tastes like Maybe I'll have to give them another shot during dinner after this review!

Have you ever tried Portofino's (Aysrley Town Center... S. Tryon exit off 485) or Il Nido (small, family owned place near intersection of Providence and Fairview Road)? Those are probably my 2 favorite italian restaurants in the area, so I wonder how you'd rate Mio Posto next to them if you've been to the others before too.

Old 04-21-2007, 09:23 AM

1,304 posts, read 4,322,293 times
Default The Red Hat Society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
The entire restaurant was full and there was even a group of ladies wearing a bunch of red hats (Not sure what that was about).
A gathering of the Red Hat Society, no doubt....
http://www.redhatsociety.com/info/faq.html (broken link)

Here's a link to the poem that started the Society..."Warning," by Jenny Joseph
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/ruth.livingstone/parlour/warning.htm (broken link)

Last edited by marvinnative; 04-21-2007 at 09:32 AM..

Old 04-21-2007, 09:44 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,801,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawks80 View Post
I had lunch there once, and their buffet was pretty bad. Then again, food on the buffet isn't necessarily representative of what their freshly cooked food tastes like Maybe I'll have to give them another shot during dinner after this review!

Have you ever tried Portofino's (Aysrley Town Center... S. Tryon exit off 485) or Il Nido (small, family owned place near intersection of Providence and Fairview Road)? Those are probably my 2 favorite italian restaurants in the area, so I wonder how you'd rate Mio Posto next to them if you've been to the others before too.

I've been to neither...but will check them out. I go by Ayrsley quite often (Home of the best movie theatre in Clt). I did try Toscana in Southpark once, foor and servie were excellent.

Old 04-21-2007, 10:27 AM

201 posts, read 804,258 times
Quote:
I've been to neither...but will check them out. I go by Ayrsley quite often (Home of the best movie theatre in Clt). I did try Toscana in Southpark once, foor and servie were excellent.

I just moved into a townhome in the Ayrsley district. Yes...definitely the best movie theater I've ever been to! Also - yes, Portofino's is fantastic!

Old 04-21-2007, 08:07 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,958,068 times
I like Maggiano's in South Park, in fact I stuffed my Italian face in there today. Nice atmosphere and low prices. Don't order a full portion unless you want food for the next 2 days.

Old 04-21-2007, 09:56 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinnative View Post
A gathering of the Red Hat Society, no doubt....
http://www.redhatsociety.com/info/faq.html (broken link)

Here's a link to the poem that started the Society..."Warning," by Jenny Joseph
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/ruth.livingstone/parlour/warning.htm (broken link)

Ok lets see, My MOM IS A RED HAT..here in NJ....ITS A CULT I TELL YA...LOL...anyway, they were these funky looking hats and well all look ridiculous if u ask me....

Old 04-22-2007, 08:12 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,364,652 times
Quote:
OK, here we go...

My father and I went out for dinner last night. We went to Mio Posto in the Tower Place Festival Shopping Center on Hwy 51 in Pineville.

http://www.mioposto.com/index.php

EXCELLENT!!!! I didn't get to personally meet the owners, but they were walking around talking to everyone. Maybe it was because I was so busy stuffing my face The entire restaurant was full and there was even a group of ladies wearing a bunch of red hats (Not sure what that was about). The menu was simple, but had everything a former NY'er would love (rice balls, fra diavolo) My father had the eggplant (AWESOME) and I had the Linguine and Clam Sauce.

In my never ending search to find awesome restaurants in Charlotte that aren't chains, I highly recommend this place. It's authentic as any I've seen in this area. Just so there's no question because I've seen some discussion about regionality, my father and I are both Italian and are from Long Island by way of Brooklyn.

HAPPY EATING!!!!!
the red hat society!!! ladies over 40 or 50 Ithink, then younger group of the same type, pink hats I think... Just get together and do things together, in a group like things... they do what we do, but they do it for real... LMAO

Old 04-22-2007, 08:19 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,914,772 times
My mom told me if I bought her one of those hats as a gag gift for her birthday she would totally disown me....and she'd be totally right in doing so!

Old 04-30-2007, 09:08 AM

1 posts, read 4,024 times
My wife and I went to Mio Posto a couple of months ago and had a horrible expericance. She had the linguine with clam sauce, she ate the clams but could not finish the pasta and sauce. It tasted like water. I had the pizza, it was ok sauce was a little bland. When the waitress picked up our plates, she asked my wife if everything was ok since she left half on her plate. She mentioned that it didnt have any taste so she couldnt finish it. She said she would mention it to the manager. Well , he came out, asked, she said it was bland and needed salt or something. He went off and said there was salt on the table, he didnt need to cook with salt, then asked where we could find better, we said Portofino's. He then treated us like we were idiots and walked off. The waitress then brought the check without asking if we were finshed or wanted anything else. We left $0 tip and walked out.
it was the worst dining expericance i have ever had. Ive never been treated so rudely before. And we didnt complain or anything, they asked and we told them, they took it from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte