Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 08:13 AM

3 posts, read 6,129 times

Advertisements

Please let's not let our biases and irritation about someone's voice affect our judgement about the skills of Chef Dan's presentations. His "not a professional TV announcer" voice actually captures my attention.

He has just a few minutes to show how to cook a tasty dish simply and he does a great job.

I am a mere amateur cook and have tried a number of his recipes with great success.

If he has truly been replaced by those dull folks from Johnston and Wales, we will all be poorer for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 08:21 AM

3 posts, read 6,129 times
Here, here, Chef Richard! Bring back chef Dan!

Old 10-16-2009, 08:36 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefRichard View Post
You're cheering for yourself? Interesting...

Old 10-16-2009, 08:56 AM

148 posts, read 423,546 times
I agree . The diction should not dictate a persons skill as a chef . On that note Tara Servatius should not be on radio.

Old 10-17-2009, 02:25 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,143,524 times
Quote:
Unfortunately, there's no need for a call for his return -- he hasn't gone anywhere. Still there, still as annoying as ever, still has that stupid-ass little beard thingie.

And the recipe I saw a few days ago was for a banana, with some honey and granola and peanut butter, rolled up in a flour tortilla. Sounds delicious, sure, but do I really need a tv segment to tell me how to make a sandwich?
Go away, Dan Eton.

Old 10-17-2009, 02:29 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,143,524 times
Quote:
Please let's not let our biases and irritation about someone's voice affect our judgement about the skills of Chef Dan's presentations. His "not a professional TV announcer" voice actually captures my attention.

He has just a few minutes to show how to cook a tasty dish simply and he does a great job.

I am a mere amateur cook and have tried a number of his recipes with great success.

If he has truly been replaced by those dull folks from Johnston and Wales, we will all be poorer for it.
Quote:
Hmmmmmmmmmm..... let's examine the evidence:
You join city-data to defend this Dan Eton fella. You're a chef. You've made only two posts, one in defense of ChefDan, one in support of ChefRichard.
ChefRichard = ChefDan?
Is it you, Mr. Eton?!? Here to defend yourself?

Old 10-17-2009, 03:37 AM

1,681 posts, read 6,029,289 times
Banana Wrap.
(Not to be confused with a fruit singing hip hop)
News 14 | 24 Hour Local News | Cooking at Home | Cooking at Home: Banana Wrap (http://news14.com/charlotte-news-104-content/cooking/cooking_at_home/615985/cooking-at-home--banana-wrap - broken link)

Old 10-17-2009, 05:45 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm View Post
Hmmmmmmmmmm..... let's examine the evidence:
You join city-data to defend this Dan Eton fella. You're a chef. You've made only two posts, one in defense of ChefDan, one in support of ChefRichard.
ChefRichard = ChefDan?
Is it you, Mr. Eton?!? Here to defend yourself?
Well I doubt it's him since he said,"bring back chef Dan" and Dan Eaton is still there. Must not watch him much either. Big fan. LOL

Old 10-17-2009, 06:46 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,406,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustygupta View Post
I agree . The diction should not dictate a persons skill as a chef .

No, but when you're communicating over a medium like television good diction goes a long way.

Old 10-17-2009, 11:31 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,701,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
No, but when you're communicating over a medium like television good diction goes a long way.
Exactly. I am sure there are plenty of unattractive people with annoying voices who know a lot about the news...but you don't see them sitting behind anchor desks on any of the news broadcasts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte