Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 10:14 PM

743 posts, read 2,243,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Sense of humor maybe? Just a little??

Well its a threat to their physical well being and your mental state which could lead to physical well being of others right??

Actually, Id only throw a couple of nails down just to watch the instant slow down and then crash.

Real nice so injure the child!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattman704 View Post
I would like to see what actual law is being broken. Please post it. Bleh, this is why I'm moving out to the cut again - Heavens to betsy no! People riding noisy things! -____-
Amen--I thought I was the only one who felt this way. I agree ready to bust out of this joint and go where my children can be children again. Sorry they don't enjoy tennis or golf like the rest in my neighborhood. But that is right, skateboarding off the picnic tables is okay though right?

Old 08-11-2009, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getatag View Post
"All Terrain Vehicles (ATV) are usually manufactured for off road use. The vehicles generally do not meet the normal DOT safety standards. The manufacturers state that even if conforming tires were place on the motorcycle, that the suspensions and other design features are meant for low-pressure tires, so placing different tires on the vehicle does not allow it to meet safety standards.
A title or license cannot be issued unless an inspector's report is received confirming that the vehicle is equipped for road use and meets all DOT safety standards."

NCDOT Division of Motor Vehicles: Do I need to register this type of vehicle?

North Carolina General Statutes 20‑111 notes the violation of registration provisions. Here it states that it is unlawful for any person to drive a vehicle on a highway, or knowingly permit a vehicle owned by that person to be driven on a highway, when the vehicle is not registered with the Division or does not display a current registration plate. The penalties are not listed here so we continue to look at NC laws.
NC Statute 20‑118.3 is titled vehicle or combination of vehicles operated without registration plate subject to civil penalty. Here it states that:
Any vehicle or combination of vehicles being operated upon the highway of this State either by a resident or nonresident without having been issued therefore a registration plate by the appropriate jurisdiction shall be subject to a civil penalty equal to the North Carolina annual fee for the gross weight of the vehicle and in addition thereto the license fee applicable for the remainder of the current registration year, provided a nonresident shall pay the North Carolina license fee or furnish satisfactory proof of payment of required registration fee to its base jurisdiction.

But is the neighborhood street a "highway"

Old 08-12-2009, 05:04 AM

5,451 posts, read 6,041,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by md to nc View Post
But is the neighborhood street a "highway"
LOL!

Old 08-12-2009, 06:57 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,550,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
Now, an entire group of young people...from about 17 years old on down to about 10 years (or younger)old...about 8-9 of them walk the street...up and down. Late at night, too. Last night got home at 11.00pm...and they were still wandering the street. All guys. Think I might mention this to the community police officer, too. We've been told that anything more than 3 people together just wandering the streets constitutes a gang. Now, I am not thinking that these guys are forming a gang...just wondering where their parents are. Why would they let their young kids wander about at 11.00 at night?? Guess we have another troubled rental house on the block...
YES it MUST be those renters! Homeowners would never let their children do such a thing .

Boys roaming the neighborhood on summer vacation sounds pretty normal to me. I do not live in the ghetto either.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:04 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,314,433 times
I used to ride my 80cc Honda trailbike down Sharonview Rd with a BB gun hanging out of my backpack.
We would ride to what is now Giverny or Morrocroft Estates to ride in the woods and shoot stuff.
An officer stopped me once and asked if I would ride on the sidewalk instead.

My how times have changed.
How did the laid back South of my youth become so uptight??

Old 08-12-2009, 07:06 AM

146 posts, read 474,278 times
take the chicken approach. put an anonymous letter in their mail box asking them to stop before the hoa/police are called.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:13 AM

5,451 posts, read 6,041,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post

My how times have changed.
How did the laid back South of my youth become so uptight??
Developers and cheap land!

Old 08-12-2009, 07:23 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,478,949 times
Just a sidenote here . . . but I thought the whole purpose of ATVs was for riding on "all terrain" - meaning - dirt, grass, mud, etc - but not streets. We have "street bikes" and "ATVs" - and I have never even seen anyone ride an ATV on a street. Now, Mopeds . . . that's another thing, of course.

But I assume the parents had to buy the ATVs and bought them for weekends and riding out in open fields. . . isn't that why folks buy them? Doesn't it wear out the tires fast to ride them on pavement?

Old 08-12-2009, 07:28 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,314,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Doesn't it wear out the tires fast to ride them on pavement?
Yes, ATV tires will have a very short lifespan on pavement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte