Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 07:31 AM

48 posts, read 67,291 times

Advertisements

Were you there??
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston2000 View Post
Wow- that's too bad. The Elizabeth community is very established and this is one of the most popular events held every spring. We also have a Christmas cocktail party. How sad not to trust your neighbors.

On a happier note- glad you had fun Jussumguy!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2007, 07:38 AM

48 posts, read 67,291 times
This is so true, ive gotten ill from eating out more than anywhere else.

But as far as them not selecting a host house that has a dirty kitchen, then host home didnt actually cook anything and i dont think they do an inspection prior .
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
Happens in some places we get take out too. Did you ever see the people working in some of these fast food places? I'll take the progressive dinners over some of those anyday.

Old 04-30-2007, 07:54 AM

178 posts, read 875,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusSumGuy View Post
Were you there??
No, I told Mrs.JusSumGuy that I was busy that night, but I heard it was fun from some neighbors. Do make plans for the Christmas Cocktail party, I think you will find that you can trust these neighbors not to poision you from a "dirty kitchen". I knew that the hosts didn't cook- it was just that line of retort really got under my skin.

Happily, I have never gotten sick from eating out in a restaurant, and I eat out often. Y'all just need to build up that immune system- maybe your life is too sterile

Old 04-30-2007, 08:18 AM

227 posts, read 292,731 times
Never??? Never get the Montezumas revenge?? Geez you are lucky.
No we arent too sterile, we purposely drop dinner on the floor every night to build up our immunity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston2000 View Post
Y'all just need to build up that immune system- maybe your life is too sterile

Old 04-30-2007, 08:53 AM

50 posts, read 183,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacht View Post
You'd be surprised at how dirty home kitchens are. Most people don't do as thorough a job sanitizing food prep surfaces as commercial kitchens do, and most folks are slack with handwashing.
crazy alert! Nacht, you have never worked in a commercial kitchen before have you?

Old 04-30-2007, 08:54 AM

50 posts, read 183,640 times
BTW, what is a progressive dinner?

Old 04-30-2007, 09:05 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,912,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpritc1019 View Post
BTW, what is a progressive dinner?

It's where the guests go to one house for appetizers, then move to another house for salad, then move to another house for entree, etc etc.

Old 04-30-2007, 09:33 AM

85 posts, read 362,196 times
WOW!! Didn't know we actually invented something when we were kids, but never got credit for it!! You know what I'm talking about.......after playing in one neighbors sprinkler for awhile, we'd all go to Rickys house and his Mom would make sandwiches for everyone. Then we would "last one's a rotten egg" over to Sandy's cause her Dad said he'd take us all to Dairy Queen or the A&W for Ice Cream. So, we'd pile into his station wagon and somehow we made it, without seatbelts, there and back. Eventually we would get back to eating with a final outdoor fire and some really serious marshmellow roasting! (Still like them burnt). Somehow we survived the 'poisonings', 'montezumas revenge' and all the other perceived ills of a social culture rampant with fears of every possible danger. Our immune systems are strong and our memories are even stronger. Thank God I experienced my childhood in the 50's.
Trust your instincts and enjoy yourself with your neighbors......I dare you to step outside and walk three houses down the street and introduce yourself. You might really enjoy life when you find out how many of us are exactly alike in our standards of cleanliness and eating habits. Have fun!!! Start your Gourmet Club or 'progressive dinner' today!!

Old 04-30-2007, 09:38 AM

178 posts, read 875,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Sippi View Post
Never??? Never get the Montezumas revenge?? Geez you are lucky.
No we arent too sterile, we purposely drop dinner on the floor every night to build up our immunity.
Well...at the risk of TMI-no never. Just once in Kathmandu- but thats another story.....

High five on the dinner on the floor thing-thats what I do too! You'll have that immunity built up in no time.

Old 04-30-2007, 10:30 AM

227 posts, read 292,731 times
Just a funny thought. Knew someone with 3 children under the age of 4. 2 of which were twins. She had given up on putting their goldfish crackers in a cup or bowl so just sprinkled them on the floor...
she said they were gonna end up there anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte