Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 07:55 PM

1,894 posts, read 6,466,370 times

Advertisements

I can't believe there's not been a thread on this yet (at least I haven't seen one)...

Concord officials not talking about Bruton Smith's lawsuit - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC-

I'm tired of this pompous a$$ rich old cry baby. I actually took his side during the dragway debacle with Cabarrus shutting him down--they had no right to do so. And I think Concord/Cabarrus got what they deserved for messing with him then (tax cuts, infrastructure promises, and the ultimate nanny nanny boo-boo: renaming the road to Bruton Smith Blvd.).

But this latest stunt, the above referenced law suit, is despicable. It truly shows what we all could guess about the man: he's a selfish heartless old bag. Of course we'll find out more as details come out later next week, but if what the Smith's are claiming is truly the reason for their lawsuit, they should be tarred and feathered in downtown Concord. How low level scum sucking do you have to be to force your selfish way onto a local government entity that is just barely surviving and making it through these times? A government that has had to lay folks off, delay public projects, freeze hirings, cut staff benefits and raises, and do anything to make it through these tight times. But Bruton wants his precious "upgrades" or Bruton's gonna sue.

What a piece of crap. And to really put the crap-flavored icing on his rotten cake, they try to spin the story saying the infrastructure upgrades will not only benefit the track facilities, but the whole public. Get the hell outta here!!!

For someone to believe his spew of sewage flowing out of his 80 year old rotten mouth, they have to be blind! Go rive by the track! It's some of the nicest, widest and easiest roads in the Charlotte region! Of course of raceday it gets jammed...there's a billion people in town! You can't design a city around two days of the year!!! Get out of here with that pitiful, seflish excuse!

I'm really starting to vent now...

The City is really in a bad position now. Since they pampered the rotten old man back with the dragway debacle, they apparently got wrapped into some contract that must have said they need to build him something before some date--or else. Well guess what...times kind of slumped off, sharply, since that whole incident and money dried up very quickly for the City. But because ole Brutie got 'tm into a legal contract, he has the upper hand now. Don't you like how he played that one? Swung the tables right around. He NEVER intended to close his track and move it...it was all a bluff! He was pinned down at the throat and was able to BS bluff his way out of it and now probably has the City by the throat!

We should have sent him packing when we had the chance. As many stated back then, the whole Concord Mills/race track area can more than support itself without that track. For 50 other weeks of the year, the area does more than fine. Try to go to Concord Mills on any given Saturday--don't even think about Christmas time!

Pack it up Bruton. You're showing your true colors this time. Me me me me. Screw the rest of your community, you want all of the tax dollars spent on your pampered butt. The heck with the repaving that's been scheduled for 5 years on the other side of town in front of tax-paying citizens homes. The heck with a new traffic light somewhere. The heck with a new water line upgrade to bring better water to someone's house. Nope...Brutie wants his stuff upgraded so his Taj Mahal looks better.

To him, I say we give one big collective Charlotte MSA: http://weblog.ceicher.com/archives/rockefeller.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 08:05 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,730,190 times
Its a free country. If they have a case they should have no problem getting it dismissed, right?

Those fools in Concord and Cabarrus cty (idiots, fools whatever you want to call them) caused this by bending over the 1st time...he's just a smart businessman plain and simple.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:09 PM

1,894 posts, read 6,466,370 times
My point is this showing his true colors to everyone--only cares about himself. Maybe there's a little animosity on my part because I feel stupid for defending his position when Concord shut him down on the dragway. But then to see him hide under the guise of "this is not about helping the track, it's going to help the people of Concord." BULL!!!

Things can't always be boiled down to dollars and cents. There's always a right and a wrong. When we try to sterilize the world and get rid of that and use an excuse of "smart business," we end up in the situation that the world is in. No one had the balls to say "that's wrong."

This dried up dog turd is doing something way wrong. He's trying to milk a local small-time government for money and projects they can't provide right now...regardless of some worthless piece of paper. Instead of being just a little bit compassionate and waiting until things get better to put the heat on them, he's taking them to court now...costing tens of thousands of tax payers dollars in legal fees for Concord, countless hours of City staff time...

Go ahead and let him sue the City and force them to spend money he doesn't have. Cities can and have gone bankrupt. Then his stupid track would be in a world of hurt when there's no adequate government entity to channel the minions to his kingdom efficiently.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:15 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,730,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallisteve View Post
. No one had the balls to say "that's wrong."
BINGO. Someone should've had the balls to stand up to him and not give him that deal or call his bluff.

But I guess you can't fight stupidity in certain parts....

No excuse. Don't blame this on Bruton for being too "tough"...thats a lame copout.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:24 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,571,777 times
I don't blame Bruton - Concord is a fault for bowing down to Bruton and agreeing to do everything he wanted. They will now pay the price and Bruton will once again laugh all the way to the bank!

Old 09-18-2009, 11:01 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
I don't blame Bruton - Concord is a fault for bowing down to Bruton and agreeing to do everything he wanted. They will now pay the price and Bruton will once again laugh all the way to the bank!
Burton Smith is a good example of a modern FUEDAL SYSTEM KING. This happins when a select few control most of the wealth. Concord is simular to towns in Equador where 98% of the wealth is controlsed by 2% of the population. We need to wake up before the entire USA becomes like equador

Old 09-19-2009, 04:46 AM

4,010 posts, read 10,213,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
BINGO. Someone should've had the balls to stand up to him and not give him that deal or call his bluff.

But I guess you can't fight stupidity in certain parts....

No excuse. Don't blame this on Bruton for being too "tough"...thats a lame copout.
Agreed, 100%. The city brought this on themselves by not willing to take the political risk of standing up to his initial bluff that he would move from Concord in the first place. Now they find themselves having to spend tax money on defending a lawsuit where it's claimed they breached promises made to Smith.

---------------------------

Smith might or might not be an *******, but this is the fault of the city.

Old 09-19-2009, 06:25 AM

8,877 posts, read 13,917,274 times
I agree. Smith may not be person of the year, but IF the two gov't entities committed to give the $80m in upgrades and such, then it's on them to deliver.

It's also pretty interesting how he files this lawsuit and then leaves town so his sock puppet son can cry his song to the media. He lost a good one in Humpy; now he's trying to set up his unnoticeable kid to get credit for a win at anything he can get for him.

Last edited by Stripes17; 09-19-2009 at 06:26 AM.. Reason: abc

Old 09-19-2009, 06:58 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,520,038 times
This is nothing more than bruton trying to play games with the City of Concord. If he was honest, he is doing this because he lost Lowe's as a name sponsor and is crying wolf for/about money.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:30 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,801,729 times
I laugh every time I drive down Bruton Smith Blvd. What a joke!!!

I agree with you Metallisteve!!! Let him go elsewhere.

Has anyone thought about the shady business doings of Sonic Automotive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte