Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 08:24 AM

17 posts, read 33,608 times

Advertisements

Folks, WHen I went to Ardrey chase last day, I saw 3 sold signs. Anybody from this group bought there? Did they give any incetives/discounts? I heard they are being very stubburn. Please let me know what best any of you got after they reduced the base price?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 12:50 PM

5 posts, read 10,053 times
Hello All,

I just heard about this new community M/I homes have opened up in Ballantyne area. Does anybody know anything about this community? I heard that it was originally started by Beazer homes few years back. I don’t know what happened, but they have moved out. Overall M/I homes seem to be having a good reputation and ratings.

I wanted to see what would be the advantages and disadvantages in considering this community. How do you rate M/I homes against Centex and Ryan homes as a builder? These are the other two builders that are building some new houses in Ballantyne area.

I really appreciate any kind of feed back and opinion on the Ardrey woods community and it's location and buying a home with M/I homes.

Old 11-16-2009, 01:44 PM

Folks - I and one my friends as well signed the contract to buy homes (prestwick) in Ardrey chase yesterday. I see a lot of movement there and I think almost 5 homes got sold in the last 40 days (after they reduced the price). From an incentive perecpective, all what they gave is the lot premium waived off.

Old 11-23-2009, 10:30 AM

5 posts, read 10,053 times
Hi Guys,

I have heard that they have sold some homes in Manor series also. Does anybody participating in this forum discussion bought a Manor series home? Are they giving any specials on Manor series houses? I thought they might be giving something to sell these houses, since these are the newest series and Centex has not yet sold many in this series. I know they are not giving any specials on Estate series homes as they have already reduced the prices.

I have another quick question. Is the Manor series is worth the money? The biggest house in Manor series is Wynfield, which is priced at 280K, and need to add at least 30K in options to make it comparable with the Estate series home. Many of the standard features in Estate series (like Fire Place, Granite Counter tops, 42” cabinets etc, in ground irrigation system etc.) are optional features in optional in Manor series.

I really appreciate any information shared and opinions expressed on this.

Thanks!

Old 11-23-2009, 12:25 PM

19 posts, read 41,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy123 View Post
Hi Guys,

I have heard that they have sold some homes in Manor series also. Does anybody participating in this forum discussion bought a Manor series home? Are they giving any specials on Manor series houses? I thought they might be giving something to sell these houses, since these are the newest series and Centex has not yet sold many in this series. I know they are not giving any specials on Estate series homes as they have already reduced the prices.

I have another quick question. Is the Manor series is worth the money? The biggest house in Manor series is Wynfield, which is priced at 280K, and need to add at least 30K in options to make it comparable with the Estate series home. Many of the standard features in Estate series (like Fire Place, Granite Counter tops, 42†cabinets etc, in ground irrigation system etc.) are optional features in optional in Manor series.

I really appreciate any information shared and opinions expressed on this.

Thanks!
I think they sold 3 Manor series homes and 5 Estate(all Preswick), they are not giving any extra incentives for Manor/Estate series except reducing the lot premium. I think for Manor series homes the cost will be around 100/sft(including 30K options)) where as you can get Estate Preswick model home around 86/sft (324+20K options)based onthe options.

I prefer Estate homes on resale and per sft rate point of view.

Old 11-23-2009, 01:08 PM

109 posts, read 349,792 times
I agree with kris888 - if you can afford the Estate Series, though there are only two remaining floor plan choices, I think you will be much happier. I have toured both current Manor homes, model and inventory home, and feel they are inferior on the inside to the Estate homes (which I own). To be honest, I actually prefer the outside look of the Manor homes to the Estate homes. I have not compared options, though in looking at randy123's posting, the extra 30-40K for an Estate home might be a steal.

One of the biggest selling points for me was the 10ft first floor and 9ft second floor ceilings - they just make the house feel so much larger. Our Estate home is only a couple hundred sq. ft. larger than the largest Manor series and the current inventory home (Edgemont). The difference to me is night and day - our home feels much larger than 3100 sq. ft and the Edgemont feels smaller than the 2900 sq. ft. listed. With the Waterford at almost 3700 sq. ft. and the Prestwick at almost 4000 sq. ft., then take in to account the standard options, I don't think there is a reasonable comparison.

Finally, I feel competent in my comments as I looked at hundreds of homes over a number of years before buying in the Estate Series. The Manor Series will fill a niche for many, though if one can afford, I would find it hard for many not to agree that the Estate Series is superior. Go tour both the Prestwick model and the Wynfield model - that an extra 30-40K gets a lot more home/standard options.

I would be interested in hearing opinions of those that have toured both. I know in talking to the sales staff and observing traffic in the neighborhood over the last couple of months that there is A LOT of interest/activity. Have a wonderful and safe holiday season to all!

Old 11-24-2009, 05:25 AM

I too agree to the last two posts in the fact that Estate homes are superior. I spent almost 4 to 5 months roaming around Ardrey Chase and recentely signed a contract for a Prestwick. I know for sure that there are 5 estate homes sold and they have kept the sold signs as well. But I dont see any other sold signs (in the manor area or in the estate area). I am also hearing that they are going to remove some of the standard options from the estate series as well after the holidays or so....not sure whether is just a selling talk though....

Old 11-24-2009, 06:40 AM

psrmail - they have sold at least one Manor home. The lot is next to the inventory Manor home. It will be the same floorplan as the inventory home (Edgemont), and I imagine it will be a different elevation. There is a sold sign on the lot and I know someone who has talked with the buyers. I am not sure if there is a delay in getting lot permits from the county, as I heard it will not be completed until May. I had heard a couple months back that with new construction picking up in Meck. Cty., coupled with the cutbacks on inspectors, it was taking longer to get the cty. permit issues once a lot has sold.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:14 PM

hhclt44- Even for me, they have given a possible closure date of April/May (it may be may if the winter is bad)

Old 11-24-2009, 04:29 PM

psrmail - why such a long wait? I know other homes have recently taken 3-4 months. Is it permit related? You signed a contact at least a month ago if I remember correctly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: