Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 08:50 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,707,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomlibertarian View Post
Originally Posted by freedomlibertarian
It is interesting how people think this can't happen.
1. Government take over Banks.
2. Government take over Car industry
3. Government Wants to take over your health Care (Walter Reed lest not forget)
4. Katrina
See a pattern here. Especially with a lot of homes going in forclosure.
Un Huh

I REST MY CASE
Great! While it's resting now maybe so can this thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 08:51 AM

105 posts, read 201,495 times
As in the bible, Man is ruled by the Lord or man is ruled by money. These people who harrassed you are ruled by sin. I tell you what like I said, don't be surprised if these HOA management report back to Government being little spies and such.

Anyone who really values the freedom, should turn to the Libertarian party.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:58 AM

Quote:
As in the bible, Man is ruled by the Lord or man is ruled by money. These people who harrassed you are ruled by sin. I tell you what like I said, don't be surprised if these HOA management report back to Government being little spies and such.

That's really funny, really.

See, I LOVE my HOA, they have done great things for my neighborhood. In fact, they have done such a super job in my neighborhood that our values have not plunged in this housing crisis at all. We are a very desirable neighborhood. And here's the thing - I AM A LIBERTARIAN.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:06 AM

You can choose to live in an HOA, but my post was directed at another post that said,
Anyway, I'll never live in an HOA again. Stories like mine are simply too common. And this person was harrassed.
There are also Liberal Libertarians as well, The other libertarians types believe in true feedoms and I know a lot of them that refuse to live in the HOA and I am active, very Active in the libertarian party.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:09 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,509,934 times
i like how our HOA maintains the common ground with the upkeep flowers and plants. They planted bushes on this hill to keep it from being used for sledding onto a street. I especially like during the holidays all the street captains decorate the entrance to each street creating a magical winter place.
I hate hoa fees just like anyone but I do see them returning it to the community

Old 09-29-2009, 09:11 AM

2,193 posts, read 5,054,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
True, it's difficult to read but I wasn't able to find that it requires an HOA, in fact part of the statute explains how to legally disband an HOA. The best I could tell, it gives the rights and ability to create 'planned communities' with HOA's as enforcement but I just don't see where it's the law that every community must have one.
Yea I didnt see anywhere that it says it's a law for every community to have one either. Maybe someone can show a link if it's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
That's really funny, really.

See, I LOVE my HOA, they have done great things for my neighborhood. In fact, they have done such a super job in my neighborhood that our values have not plunged in this housing crisis at all. We are a very desirable neighborhood. And here's the thing - I AM A LIBERTARIAN.
How come you feel the HOA is a part of the reason why your home value hasn't plunged?

Old 09-29-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
You can choose to live in an HOA, but my post was directed at another post that said,
Anyway, I'll never live in an HOA again. Stories like mine are simply too common. And this person was harrassed.
There are also Liberal Libertarians as well, The other libertarians types believe in true feedoms and I know a lot of them that refuse to live in the HOA and I am active, very Active in the libertarian party.
In every organization on this planet there always a few bad apples - no group is 100% as good as they should be.

There are SOME bad priests who take advantage of children, there are SOME bad teachers who can't teach their students, there are SOME bad realtors who will tell a client anything they want to hear just to get a listing.

So it makes sense that SOME HOA's would be bad too. The thing is, MOST of them do a pretty good job, and those that do, help to maintain and increase the value of their neighborhoods.

Bottom line is this is America, where we each have the freedom to chose where to live. For anyone unable to accept the value of a good HOA, you don't have to - just live somewhere else, no sense wasting your energy "hating" something you are free to avoid.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:19 AM

539 posts, read 1,498,289 times
Quote:

Might be true, I saw a black SUV with dark tinted windows go real slow past one of my neighbor's houses. Must be because the management company contacted the Gov't about the weeds around the mailbox.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:20 AM

HOA from realtor experience has actually hurt the value of the home. A lot more people are looking at that as those who don't want to pay out the extra money for this as well as going through the experience the majority have experience. More often than not, I heard more people talking about hating the HOA's and we have one section here that is fighting to get it removed. The rules I see is horrible. What to paint your house. What time to put your tash out. Keep you garage door closed. BTW some HOA have discrimination against blacks. They worry about it bringing down the cost of a home. I tried to find the article again to show you. Mommy government, mommy community. It is really sad that adults would have to resort to this type of living.
I love where there are homes that have individuallity. Not cookie cutter homes.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:21 AM

Freedom in America, at the rate we are going there won't be freedom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte