Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2009, 06:42 PM

452 posts, read 1,345,902 times

Advertisements

I've about had it seing my wife suffer everyday with all the "BS" that she deals with in the mecklenburgh school system.....

My question is, do the school counties have the same type of system/structure or do they differ.....Whats gonna happen in 20 years this is getting out of hand with the big shots at the top....Teachers are no longer able to teach...they spend more time dealing with all the "bs" I cant even stand looking at Dr. Gorman's face on tv ....he has that look like you want to take him into an alley way...How can we get rid of all these yuppies? Their firing teachers like there is no tomorrow..good teachers...the school system feels like a ride at disney wait in line and your next while the others get off the ride...teachers without jobs are home waiting in line while others get fired because they didnt put a paper on a bulletin board
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 07:47 PM

1,508 posts, read 2,979,858 times
I usually have good things to say about Charlotte and the Mecklenburg county area - but I always tell people with middle or high school age children to consider living "across the border" in one of the adjacent counties.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:03 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,140,968 times
In charlotte the problem isnt the system as much as how it allows principals to rule. Some of them need to be replaced. Dr Gorman I know for a fact can be a very fair and reasonable person to deal with if you can get to him. His mistake is not being sure the ones below him keep a tight check on the principals.You would not believe some of the things they get away with.

Old 10-07-2009, 07:05 AM

62 posts, read 188,673 times
We lived in Concord for several years before moving back to Charlotte about 4 1/2 years ago. I loved Cabarrus County Schools. I went to Northwest Cabarrus Middle myself, for 7-8th grades, then went to Northwest Cabarrus High for a while before Homeschooling. My oldest daughter went to AT Allen Elementary school and I have nieces and nephews at Rocky River Elem. and CC Griffin Middle. I know that ALL of these schools are great. They don't push quite as hard as CMS, so things tend to be more relaxed. The issue with that is children don't quite get the same education as they might in CMS. This isn't to say that they don't get a good education, but they will not be quite as far as their counterparts in CMS. Of course, that point may have changed in the last 4 1/2 years. They may also not have all of the school sports and electives that are offered by CMS either.

Old 10-07-2009, 10:17 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdiovany View Post
I've about had it seing my wife suffer everyday with all the "BS" that she deals with in the mecklenburgh school system.....

My question is, do the school counties have the same type of system/structure or do they differ.....Whats gonna happen in 20 years this is getting out of hand with the big shots at the top....Teachers are no longer able to teach...they spend more time dealing with all the "bs" I cant even stand looking at Dr. Gorman's face on tv ....he has that look like you want to take him into an alley way...How can we get rid of all these yuppies? Their firing teachers like there is no tomorrow..good teachers...the school system feels like a ride at disney wait in line and your next while the others get off the ride...teachers without jobs are home waiting in line while others get fired because they didnt put a paper on a bulletin board
Luis, I'm thinking she would be happier in a much smaller system like Cabarrus - I'd make the move if I were her
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte