Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 07:56 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,825,036 times

Advertisements

I thought this would be a the best place to post this since everyone is getting ready for the big day. This will save lots of time.

Easy way to polish silverwear

You can use an aluminum pan or a anytype of baking dish and line it with aluminum foil.

sprinkle pan/foil with baking soda
place silverwear into pan/dish
boil water
pour boiling water over silverwear and wa la, tarnish free silverwear.

It's that easy, I found this in Martha Stewart's magazine a few years back, thanks for the easy tip Martha!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 07:59 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
Cuban roast pork (lechon asado), boiled yuca with mojito, moros and Jupiña! oh, and pumpkin pie.
Oh, that sounds delicious.

Do share some recipes with us! If you don't have time to do it right now, please post them later. It all sounds wonderful!

I went back and posted the traditional green bean casserole on my blog, b/c would you believe - I kept getting requests for it as opposed to the Creole Green Bean casserole I posted!

I also added my oyster stuffing recipe.

Gonna finish up some housekeeping details, get my dining room decor in order and start cooking!

Hope you all enjoy Thanksgiving . . . and thank you for the wonderful info you have all shared.

We always end up talking about food on this forum!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Old 11-25-2009, 10:33 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,376,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
I thought this would be a the best place to post this since everyone is getting ready for the big day. This will save lots of time.

You can use an aluminum pan or a anytype of baking dish and line it with aluminum foil.

boil water

It's that easy, I found this in Martha Stewart's magazine a few years back, thanks for the easy tip Martha!
I'm definitely going to have to try this on my silverware!

Let's see...at my house we're having home-made celery & meatball soup (mom's recipe)...turkey (fresh, not frozen)...sage stuffing...cranberry sauce....candied sweet potatoes....stringbeans with almonds....garlicky peas & onions....lasagne..pumpkin pie...pizzelles... My cousin's bringing a honey-baked ham...rice pudding....apricot cookies...cupcakes.

Dinner starts at 3...who's hungry???

HAPPY THANKSGIVING YA'LL!!!!!

Old 11-25-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post

boil water

I have used that tip before in the past! It does work really well for flatware. Glad you mentioned it, Nancy.

Old 11-25-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
I'm definitely going to have to try this on my silverware!

Let's see...at my house we're having home-made celery & meatball soup (mom's recipe)...turkey (fresh, not frozen)...sage stuffing...cranberry sauce....candied sweet potatoes....stringbeans with almonds....garlicky peas & onions....lasagne..pumpkin pie...pizzelles... My cousin's bringing a honey-baked ham...rice pudding....apricot cookies...cupcakes.

Dinner starts at 3...who's hungry???

HAPPY THANKSGIVING YA'LL!!!!!
YUMMY!!! It sounds like heaven.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Rosie!!!

Old 11-25-2009, 02:54 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
Brined turkey
gravy
stuffing w/ sausage, apples, celery, onions, cranberries and lots of sage
rosemary focaccia bread (sp?)
sweet potato souffle
cranberry, orange zest and pecan relish
mashed potatoes
broccoli salad
roasted root veggies, brussel sprouts, apples and herbs
stuffed mushrooms
asparagus, walnut, and blue cheese phyllo pastry triangles
pumpkin custard pie

Old 11-25-2009, 04:48 PM

My nephew doesn't like pie, so I am making him a chocolate cake w/milk duds on top! He is so in to milk duds right now I thought it would be funny and he will absolutely love it. He is a true chocoholic.

Old 11-26-2009, 11:20 AM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
Happy Thanksgiving all!

Our house is going simple this year. My wonderful DW (who keeps the roof on this zoo!) had to work late last night so the store will look pretty for the early birds tomorrow. This is the first year in over 20 that we haven't gone anywhere.

So while she sleeps most of the day today, I have been baking pies, prepping the turkey, mashed potatos, washing dishes, reading recipes, washing pans and bowls, more prep work, washing more dushes (where are they coming from?), and trying to get as much done so she can get up and enjoy her day.

Old 11-27-2009, 07:27 AM

616 posts, read 1,750,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving all!

Our house is going simple this year. My wonderful DW (who keeps the roof on this zoo!) had to work late last night so the store will look pretty for the early birds tomorrow. This is the first year in over 20 that we haven't gone anywhere.

So while she sleeps most of the day today, I have been baking pies, prepping the turkey, mashed potatos, washing dishes, reading recipes, washing pans and bowls, more prep work, washing more dushes (where are they coming from?), and trying to get as much done so she can get up and enjoy her day.
Oh! You're a sweetie! How did it all come out? What kind of pies did you bake?

We are in agreement about the dishes. Ran the dishwasher twice yesterday - and we are only a household of two.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving Day!

Old 11-27-2009, 08:09 AM

I started yesterday at 6:45AM. I made a dish and then cleaned the dishes, then started the next dish etc. So I didn't have a mound of dishes which was nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte