Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 08:42 PM

197 posts, read 479,559 times

Advertisements

Evening guys and gals!

I'm quite frustrated today. Getting a little sick of all these "Northerner" talk trash about the way I talk. Also, the lack of respect. Gotta vent so here it goes.

1) Lady pulls up and wants work done to her car but NO she's too damn busy on the cell phone to acknowledge me.

2) She rolls up the windows while im out in the cold "waiting" on her.

3) She holds up the finger to make me "wait" while I have about 7 other cars ahead of her.

4) She complained about the price.

5) She asked to speak with someone else because she didn't understand what im saying.

6) New york tags front and back.

Now is this how they are all gonna act? If so they can keep moving south because im not gonna take it anymore.

/vent

Old 01-06-2010, 09:06 PM

197 posts, read 479,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
psst you do know this board is full of people from the north. I'm just sayin
I have learn to take it day by day.
It was yesterday it is today, once it is tomorrow it is today
this might be first time I gotta moderate a chat thread hehe

Yeah, I understand. I guess I just had a bad day.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:35 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,615,476 times
Why is OK to point out that this person is from the North? Are you saying Southerners don't act the same way sometimes? You probably wouldn't think of pointing out race but it is OK to basically say "these damn Notherners".

The behavior you described was rude to be sure but I really don't think it is exclusive to us Yankee Carpetbaggers. Also, are you sure the customer just didn't understand the concept of what you were trying to explain? Were they really saying your speech was unintelligible?

Old 01-07-2010, 06:11 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,038,729 times
mornin' everyone...

just want to point out that CSaunders was born in England, according to his profile.

Southern England? not sure I know where that town is....perhaps he feels like he is here taking over one colony at a time...

Old 01-07-2010, 07:05 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,615,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
mornin' everyone...

just want to point out that CSaunders was born in England, according to his profile.

Southern England? not sure I know where that town is....perhaps he feels like he is here taking over one colony at a time...
Oh well, if he's from England he is used to the North/South conflicts then isn't he? Here is a good example of what I mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXP2xUdA2OI

Old 01-07-2010, 07:41 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
moderator note
moved from the chat thread I thought it was thread worthy
please be civil

Old 01-07-2010, 08:20 AM

1,092 posts, read 2,699,470 times
Not another North vs. South post. Enough of these, if you need to vent, talk to your spouse or friends, but don't tell us about your frustrations with transplants or with the natives. Those of us that have other bigger real problems to worry about don't really care about your whining. And telling new arrivals to keep driving South or to go back up North is not what Charlotte is all about, we are a friendly welcoming city that appreciates all the new arrivals and what they bring to our community.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:28 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
Not another North vs. South post. Enough of these, if you need to vent, talk to your spouse or friends, but don't tell us about your frustrations with transplants or with the natives. Those of us that have other bigger real problems to worry about don't really care about your whining. And telling new arrivals to keep driving South or to go back up North is not what Charlotte is all about, we are a friendly welcoming city that appreciates all the new arrivals and what they bring to our community.
read post

# 5 I dont think he from the south not the u.s. anyway btw bs13690 that clip was hilarious

Old 01-07-2010, 08:31 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,954,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
If you don't like the thread then don't read it or respond to it. Seems simple doesn't it?

Old 01-07-2010, 08:33 AM

628 posts, read 2,078,482 times
I'm getting my popcorn ready! How long until this thread is locked????

It doesn't matter where you are from...If you are an a..hole, you're an a..hole. Case closed!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte