Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 07:32 PM

30 posts, read 79,599 times

Advertisements

hello...

i am looking to relocate to huntersville or cornelius within the new year. i am a single female in my 30s who is looking for a safe townhome/condo to rent. i do have a 50 lb. dog who is well-mannered and friendly i looked into renting in birkdale (?) however they will not accept dogs over 40 pbs.
i do hear bexley is nice...

my question is does anyone know of any condos (between 700-800 per month) that i can rent...pet friendly of course

thanks all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 10:17 PM

624 posts, read 2,109,261 times
Hey, I'm at Colonial Grand at Huntersville (Colonial Properties Trust - Colonial Grand at Huntersville) just off of exit 23. They've got 1 bed / 1 bath going for the 720 USD for 765 sq ft. The site actively updates availability.

I'm not sure about their pet policy, 704.948.7718 here's their number a quick phone call could get you the answer.

I find it to be a nice location because there are two grocery stores within walking distance, a variety of places to eat Japanese, Thai, Chinese, five pizza joints, two Mexican places and a Friendly's and Quizno's for those quick fixes all within a quarter mile walk. Easy access to 77 and a hospital just across the street.

Found my lease agreement the pet section is as follows for CG:

It is hereby agreed that Lessee may have only 2 pets in the apartment. All pets must be approved in writing by management. A pet is...A pet may weigh no more than __ pounds once full grown. Dogs of a class with a known vicious propensity or aggressive propensity shall not be permitted. Example of these breeds (but not exclusive): Doberman Pinchers, Rottweilers, Chow-Chow, Akitas, and Pit Bulls. Any aggressive mix breeds are also not permitted...

The weight limitation wasn't specified on mine since I don't have any pets...

Here are some other opinions from a thread last year:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncisgreat View Post
I did a quick search for you:

Camden Sedgebrook is right at Birkdale Village. The weight limit is 65 lbs (your 70 lb dog can "lose" 5 lbs, right).

Carrington Park, 19401 Carrington Club Dr. in Cornelius is farther out from Denver, but it says "call for details" but it lists that they accept large dogs.

Bexley at Harborside, 18510 The Commons Blvd., Cornelius does not list a weight restriction, just breed restrictions. Give them a try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_guy View Post
I know Marina Shores has no weight limit. At least, I knew several owners that had 1 or more large breeds including rotties, dobermans, german shephards, and great danes. Plus, it's right on the water! My wife and I paid $860 a month for 2BR water view.
This link may also come in help in the future... Threads on Pets

Last edited by MysteryMT; 11-15-2008 at 10:37 PM..

Old 11-16-2008, 08:58 AM

thank you so much for your helpful response...it was definately helpful to hear more about what the town has to offer...how is the crime rate all in all?

Old 11-16-2008, 09:16 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,537,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boots13 View Post
thank you so much for your helpful response...it was definately helpful to hear more about what the town has to offer...how is the crime rate all in all?
The apartments he mention are brand spanking new I think they open last November it really nice complex. If I went back to renting I would choose this location.
For now crime is really not a issue unless your park against traffic in those shopping centers. It within walking distance of the bus line in case you have the desire to try that mode transportation.
It also near Huntersville Park (which isnt a park but should be part of it design and alot of joggers and bicylists use this for exercise due to the large low traffic streets.
Here is clip of Huntersville crime Crime Stats (http://www.huntersvilleherald.com/news/crime_scene/ - broken link) and you will see most of it just traffic violations. However I did see 2 incidents of common law robbery on Rose Commonsand Im not sure what that is shoplifting?
The location of these apartments is in a area that I would feel comfortable walking day or night

Old 11-16-2008, 10:20 AM

307 posts, read 715,727 times
Like the poster above showed Camden sedgebrook allows large dogs. I am in there with my dog but he is a small guy. There are lots of dog owners in this complex and lots of nice areas to walk with the dog, walking distance to Birkdale.

Old 11-16-2008, 08:37 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,784,774 times
We rented in Bexeley at Rosedale for a couple of months while our house was being built. We have a 95 pound lab that we were allowed to keep with us (I may have told them she was only 65 lbs). We stayed in a corporate housing unit so I don't know if that makes a difference. I felt very safe there and it was nice. There was a good mix of young and old people.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:46 AM

1,852 posts, read 5,222,151 times
Those are good apts... I want to be clear though they are apts not condos. The reason I state this is as Condos for rent are not very common here. Condos offer some benefits where nearly everyone around you owns there place, but there aren't as manay management facilities. Apts meanwhile you sign a lease with the agency and get the benefits of a managing agency. That is maybe what you meant, looking for an APT, but I want to make sure, as I had a friend from NY looking for a condo to rent specifically for the differences. I don't think you will see too many Condos in Huntersville nor Townhomes for rent in the $800 range.

As for Huntersville itself, great place to live. Lots of 30-40 years olds some with family many single. I wouldn't say it's a "happenin" town per se, but I like the amendities and different ways of life it offers.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:14 AM

69 posts, read 344,595 times
I rented in Camden Sedgebrook for six months between houses and have a 60 pound dog. It was really a great place to stay with lots of dog friendly walking areas around.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:05 AM

2,709 posts, read 6,317,297 times
I live in the Auston Woods apartments at Exit 18 -- not Huntersville/Cornelius, but very close. (And right across the street from the new Northlake Mall and the shopping there.) My complex allows dogs, including large dogs. They don't have weight restrictions, but they don't allow GSDs, Dobies, Rotties, Chows, or Pit Bulls. You pay a one-time fee (non-refundable, $250-$350 depending on the size of your dog) when you sign your lease, but you don't pay any monthly surcharge for having a dog.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:07 AM

hello,

i will be relocating to charlotte over the next month and wanted some feedback about Colonial Grand Apts v. Bexley at Rosedale. I am a single, professional 33 female and own a dog (well-mannered =)
i basically want a safe, quiet complex with access to shops, stores, etc...I recently took a tour of Bexley and was really impressed with the overall layout and atmosphere. ANy feedback re: Bexley and Colonial Grand?? Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte