Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 09:20 PM

314 posts, read 486,658 times

Advertisements

Anyone else have issues with some of the local drivers being extremely aggressive and rude?
My least favorite area is the area where you have to get onto 485 from Johnston Road. Every time there is some Jimmy Johnson that has to rush up to the front of the line to try and cut into the turning lane right before the lane ends. They are so rude that they will just sit in the middle lane blocking traffic that are staying straight on Johnston Road just waiting to cut in front of someone. I have seen some serious road rage in this area during the rush hours.

Where are some other area's that get to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 04:47 AM
CVP

581 posts, read 1,905,863 times
The area you mentioned is my biggest complaint too! I despise those drivers who day after day butt in at the front of the line while the rest of us wait our turn like we were taught in elementary school. The line actually moves along quite quickly...no need to jam your car in at the last second! I don't give them the opportunity by staying close to the car in front of me. Soon I will be starting a new job in Matthews so I will be heading in the opposite direction on 485. YEAH!!

Old 02-26-2010, 05:15 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,659,477 times
U-turners.

They have to yield the right-of-way to oncoming traffic, so they can usually only go one car at a time through a light cycle. Certainly they could find a better way to get from where they are to where they want to be.

No right turn on red ignorers.

A potentially dangerous move.

Red light runners.

Happens WAY too frequently.

Straddling the crosswalk lines.

If I'm walking in a crosswalk and someone does that I'll walk over or bump into their car if necessary to make a point. I'd love to be in a power wheelchair and run right into the side of their car.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:52 AM

22 posts, read 69,808 times
I drive around the state for work every day, so I have a lot of problem areas, but one that really gets to me is outer 485 at South Blvd.

There are always a few people who knows that the lane will end but continue to ride into the shoulder to pass cars. Always helps turn that lane into stop and go.

Old 02-26-2010, 05:54 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,318,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoorecharlotte View Post
Anyone else have issues with some of the local drivers being extremely aggressive and rude?
Hardly anyone in Charlotte is from here, so don't blame 'locals'

Old 02-26-2010, 05:57 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,731,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dthmarch View Post
I drive around the state for work every day, so I have a lot of problem areas, but one that really gets to me is outer 485 at South Blvd.

There are always a few people who knows that the lane will end but continue to ride into the shoulder to pass cars. Always helps turn that lane into stop and go.
To be fair, it was a terrible design. Its impossible to realize that lane is ending until alot of times its too late (w/all the congestion there at times)

Ok, lets make the 3rd lane END in one of the busiest sections of the highway.....(instead of continuing the 3rd lane and branching off the exit....)

brilliant minds

(ps: I knowyou are not complaining about the innocent drivers, however the awful design is the 1st thing that pops into my mind about that stretch)

Old 02-26-2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVP View Post
The area you mentioned is my biggest complaint too! I despise those drivers who day after day butt in at the front of the line while the rest of us wait our turn like we were taught in elementary school. The line actually moves along quite quickly...no need to jam your car in at the last second! I don't give them the opportunity by staying close to the car in front of me. Soon I will be starting a new job in Matthews so I will be heading in the opposite direction on 485. YEAH!!
It is terrrible! The problem with staying too close to the vehicle in front of you is when these Jimmy Johnson drivers cut into the turning lane they end up making everyone slam on their brakes which causes people that are waiting in line to almost rear end each other.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthmarch View Post

I agree this a bad area too. I am always amazed at how these people don't care who they make mad or cut in front of. I try and just stay in the far left lane to avoid these drivers.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Hardly anyone in Charlotte is from here, so don't blame 'locals'
Dang Yankees. LOL

Old 02-26-2010, 08:03 AM

171 posts, read 357,625 times
Drivers who won't get out of the left lane: I hate you. Just die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte