Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 12:42 PM

105 posts, read 406,338 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am new to this site but I have found so much interesting information. I like many people here are moving to North Carolina next year with my family. We have decided to rent because it is the best possible solution for our family. I have found what appears to be a nice apartment community but have read mixed reviews on apartmentratings.com, which is to be expected. It is Providence Square at 100 Providence Square Drive in Charlotte NC 28270. Does anyone have any first hand experience there, or know of anyone there? What school district does this location fall under? I will have a daughter entering high school at that time and a son entering 5th grade at that time so I need to research the schools. I also would like to know about the area. What area is that technically considered? Can anyone answer my million questions or know of where I can go to get the answers?
Oh, and by the way, we will be visiting to make sure before we make any set plans but we want to limit the amount of places to visit. Why waste our time in places that are not for us.
Thank you all so much, especially MrsSteel.
Christina
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 02:11 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtinax01 View Post
Hi, I am new to this site but I have found so much interesting information. I like many people here are moving to North Carolina next year with my family. We have decided to rent because it is the best possible solution for our family. I have found what appears to be a nice apartment community but have read mixed reviews on apartmentratings.com, which is to be expected. It is Providence Square at 100 Providence Square Drive in Charlotte NC 28270. Does anyone have any first hand experience there, or know of anyone there? What school district does this location fall under? I will have a daughter entering high school at that time and a son entering 5th grade at that time so I need to research the schools. I also would like to know about the area. What area is that technically considered? Can anyone answer my million questions or know of where I can go to get the answers?
Oh, and by the way, we will be visiting to make sure before we make any set plans but we want to limit the amount of places to visit. Why waste our time in places that are not for us.
Thank you all so much, especially MrsSteel.
Christina
Christina, I would personally recommend you look elsewhere.

Old 08-09-2007, 02:14 PM

Could you please give specifics? I am not dismissing what you are saying but as I have read in many posts here, we are all looking for something individual to ourselves and my opinion might truly be the same as yours but I need to know that I am making an informed decision. Does that make sense to you? Obviously I already have my doubts or I wouldn't be posting this here.

Old 08-09-2007, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtinax01 View Post
Could you please give specifics? I am not dismissing what you are saying but as I have read in many posts here, we are all looking for something individual to ourselves and my opinion might truly be the same as yours but I need to know that I am making an informed decision. Does that make sense to you? Obviously I already have my doubts or I wouldn't be posting this here.
That's a tough one for me...perhaps I will pm you

Old 08-09-2007, 02:26 PM

I would like to suggest instead you look a bit further down the road to Echo Forest. It is right across the street from Providence High School - which is very desirable

1729 Echo Forest Dr
Charlotte, NC 28270
(704) 845-1120

Old 08-09-2007, 08:49 PM

3,365 posts, read 10,021,085 times
Up until two months ago I lived in Providence Square.

When I moved in the management company vetoed the applicants, alas the current management company did not in the space of a year Providence Square became a ghetto.

If you would like more info PM me as I am not going to vent how bad it was on a public forum.

Old 08-10-2007, 06:25 PM

825 posts, read 2,819,146 times
A friend of mine lives over there. They are looking to move. I snapped this picture, thought the OP would like to know. Apparently the porch in front of two
apartments became unstable due to a sink hole type problem. I think the apartments were occupied until recently.
Attached Thumbnails
Providence Square-0810071828.jpg  

Old 08-20-2007, 01:39 PM

Thank you so much for the straightness about what it really looks like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinman View Post
A friend of mine lives over there. They are looking to move. I snapped this picture, thought the OP would like to know. Apparently the porch in front of two
apartments became unstable due to a sink hole type problem. I think the apartments were occupied until recently.

Old 08-20-2007, 03:03 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,664,987 times
The whole community has gone downhill over the last decade. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. It's a little ghetto pocket in a very nice part of town.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Providence Square

Thanks again for all of the responses. It has allowed me to avoid from making a very terrible mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: