Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 07:59 AM

8 posts, read 23,575 times

Advertisements

Its not a few weeds were taking about here. Drive down Evanton Loch and the first two houses on the right can say everything. They have been there the longest and they are what makes this Neighborhood look bad. Then look across the street they guy there take care of his yard with a white fence. His grass is green. Go figure if you take care of your yard it would look nice. Weird concept. and if we has a good HOA this would not happen. And it has nothing to do with being reasonable lovesmountains were not talking about a couple of weeds look around and open your eyes.

Old 09-24-2007, 09:43 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifordesign View Post
Its not a few weeds were taking about here. Drive down Evanton Loch and the first two houses on the right can say everything. They have been there the longest and they are what makes this Neighborhood look bad. Then look across the street they guy there take care of his yard with a white fence. His grass is green. Go figure if you take care of your yard it would look nice. Weird concept. and if we has a good HOA this would not happen. And it has nothing to do with being reasonable lovesmountains were not talking about a couple of weeds look around and open your eyes.
You know, it wasn't me that mentioned anything about "being reasonable". I actually said these types of things are why it is good to have a strong homeowners association. But after rereading this thread and your angry tone I am having less and less sympathy for you and more for your neighbors.

Old 09-24-2007, 10:00 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,428,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifordesign View Post
Do you have a digital camera you can use to take pictures and post?

Old 09-24-2007, 10:06 AM

448 posts, read 1,855,877 times
Berewick is a nice community. Like in all neighborhoods, we have good and bad. We also have to keep in mind that some of the houses are not occupied yet. For example, my next door neighbor has not been able to sell his property back home, consequently, his house in Charlotte has been empty and without care for six months. His lawn is all dead and one of his trees is dead too. I couldn't save it because I myself just move in a month after I closed. With time, and after the rains and water restrictions are back to normal, most lawns will be green and Berewick will be as nice as we all want it to be.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:30 PM

255 posts, read 885,593 times
People get fined for not cutting their grass and lawn trash. But they will not get fined if there is no grass (dead grass), just dirt (red clay dirt in this example), which is what forddesign is talking about. We could change the HoA? I mean it's ran by us, the home owners. We vote the president every year, etc.
hehe

The problem with the houses he is referring too is their backyards border (run parallel with) the main road. And the HoA (I think) enforces nothing on peoples back yards?

Interesting topic.

Old 09-24-2007, 01:51 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,428,999 times
I need to drive thru Berewick again. We looked at houses there in the spring, but I figured if I was going to be that close to SC, I may as well live in SC so we ended up in Fort Mill.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:40 PM

249 posts, read 875,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCountry View Post
People get fined for not cutting their grass and lawn trash. But they will not get fined if there is no grass (dead grass), just dirt (red clay dirt in this example), which is what forddesign is talking about. We could change the HoA? I mean it's ran by us, the home owners. We vote the president every year, etc.
hehe

The problem with the houses he is referring too is their backyards border (run parallel with) the main road. And the HoA (I think) enforces nothing on peoples back yards?

Interesting topic.
My understanding is that right now the builders control the hoa and will continue to until the development is close to complete. The biggest problem is that kb did not include fully sodded lawns standard like the other builders do.

We bought in May 2006 and paid to have full sod but most (probably 80%) did not. It is very disappointing... as BigCountry said, the corner lots are the biggest problem because all you see is dirt and weeds (not to mention mud all over the sidewalks etc). kb didn't even sod the area between the road and the sidewalk on the side yards.

I get mad everytime I drive through the mccar and MI sections and see the nice yards and beautiful landscaping. I'm hoping that when the weather gets better we can push on the hoa to help improve things. In the meantime, it does look pretty bad.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:40 AM

255 posts, read 885,593 times
KB did just recently fire and replace their landscaping subs for Berewick. Not sure if that's good news or bad news.
hehe

Without water though it does not really matter at this point - noone can really do anything regardless.

Old 10-20-2007, 03:05 PM

249 posts, read 875,142 times
FYI, below is a letter from the steel creek division pd. I believe that there are two vehicles linked to this crime spree, a white 4x4 pickup with no muffler and a blue/gray gmc savannah van. I witnessed these vehicles during a robbery of an unoccupied home in the community a few months ago and they were both seen recently in what appears to be a casing of the neighborhood.

--------------------------------------------------
Residents of Berewick,

I wanted to make you aware of a recent problem that we are seeing in Berewick. We have had 5 homes broken into over the past 30 days, and a couple of those are sold homes that people reside in. (FYI – In the 30 days prior to these past 30 days there were 0 homes broken into). The victim’s were gone to work when the incidents took place. One child noticed a white pickup truck in front of one of the houses and mentioned 4x4 which makes us believe that the truck said 4x4 on the side. Please be on the lookout for a pickup matching this description that looks suspicious. I’m sure you see your fair share of white pickups in the area with all the construction still going on. But, if you see one rolling around slowly or late at night, please call 911 immediately. So often people will see something suspicious and not call 911. People realize that they can go in a neighborhood and have their way with your property because whenever they do no one ever calls 911. Please do not hesitate to call when you see anything suspicious.

Also, please be aware of your garage doors. Close them whenever possible. These suspects are driving through and looking in garages, too. They can get a lot of information from what you have in your garage; computer boxes, the box from a new TV, tools, toys, etc. Please be aware of this and make a conscious effort to keep your garage doors closed.

You are in a big neighborhood and there a lot of people living and going through there on a daily basis so it can be difficult to pinpoint who is up to no good and who belongs, but if you see anything that looks like it shouldn’t be please call 911. It never hurts to have an extra officer roll through your neighborhood. Thank you.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,622 times
Do you hear the airplanes in Berewick. I like the community, but that was my only thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte