Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 09:50 PM

3 posts, read 8,198 times

Advertisements

Are there any small local newspapers in the Charlotte area that a new business can place a cheap ad? Would like to focus on the South Park, Pineville, Mathews areas.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2010, 08:14 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Have you considered advertising in online pubs? I would suggest Ballantyne Scoop - and the owner has other online pubs you can advertise with. I have no connection to them but their circulation is growing.

Also - here's a new forum that just started and they allow businesses to post their info at no charge, as a service to new businesses and the communities they serve:

http://tinyurl.com/yz47hxc (broken link)

Other than some online sources, you might try Creative Loafing - their rates are pretty reasonable.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:26 AM

716 posts, read 1,544,035 times
Just going through my mail now and I got something called "Clipper Ballantyne" its 20 pages worth of ads and coupons. On the back it says Charlotte/Ballantyne/Pineville NC. It says for advertising info call 1-888-569-5100 It also has Local Coupons-Clipper Magazine/CouponClipper.com-Local Advertising listed

Old 03-23-2010, 08:31 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,310,410 times
Carolina Weekly Newspapers | About the Community, For the Community

Old 03-23-2010, 08:43 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Matthews-Mint Hill Weekly is probably a good one. They give it to you even if you don't want it.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:50 PM

3 posts, read 8,198 times
Default Thanks for the updatess!

Thank you for the suggestions. I will check them out.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:42 AM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
How about the "shoppers" guides/papers that are distributed for free?

Old 04-26-2010, 07:00 PM

554 posts, read 1,507,250 times
No, no, no....I've been in the advertising market for some time now. The best way to advertise is ONLINE. Everyone is online these days...if you need help, just DM me. I'm an internet marketing consultant and i can atleast give you some information about advertising online.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:03 AM

76 posts, read 147,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaEve011 View Post
No, no, no....I've been in the advertising market for some time now. The best way to advertise is ONLINE. Everyone is online these days...if you need help, just DM me. I'm an internet marketing consultant and i can atleast give you some information about advertising online.
AmandaEve believe it or not some people do still read Without knowing what the person is trying to advertise you have no idea what market he is going after. Cardinal rule is to find out what the customer is trying to do and then offer the solution. Most TMC products (Total Market Coverage) are free of charge and it gets you distribution to geographically specific locations with saturation. Your free papers tend to gear more towards night life and the younger set depending on distribution points. On line works for everything but local unless you want to throw a ton of money at it. Online people have to know what they are looking for and then you better hope you are on the first page of search or you won't be seen. If you want to discuss BB,Tower, rich media etc I always ask the question when was the last time you clicked on an ad on a web page. Would you want to talk about an email campaign which again would probably be cost prohibitive for most smaller local businesses. The internet is a great place to be and everyone should have a presence unfortunately for the little guy it is to fractured. Most small businesses with a web presence that understand how to use the internet do better with their own email collection and advertising to their existing base while trying to grow new customers.

We could also discuss DM Shared Mail etc.

Internet is definitely a way to go but for some it's not the most cost effective.

BTW my background is over 25 years in the DM, Print and online media which I believe may qualify for some time in the advertising arena.

I have to start my own consulting business.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:26 AM

68 posts, read 169,797 times
i was given this advice by my cousin (she is a pr/marketing manager) that a really good way to get the word out is to call small neighborhood/community papers and see if they're hungry for a story. you can host a grand opening, state that % of proceeds from your sales will help out a local cause etc etc.
this way, you get the word out, they have an article and its free advertising. a win win situation

Last edited by kaya6; 04-28-2010 at 09:26 AM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte