Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 06:56 PM

63 posts, read 268,121 times

Advertisements

Congrats!! He sounds like a wonderful dog, and I'm sure he'll have a great home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2010, 08:03 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,324,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomichauds View Post
Thanks to everyone who posted encouraging me to check on shelters and such b/c honestly I was not planning on this being our first route. But after seeing so many dogs in need of a home I had to give it a try.

We are in love and hope to bring him home asap
Yay!! So glad to hear you found a dog and kudos to you for going the shelter route!!

Bring your camera tomorrow and take some pics. He sounds adorable!

Old 04-24-2010, 08:07 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,033,451 times
A wonderful end to this story!! I have a black lab mix, too. Her name is Chipper. But, be aware...they are VERY hyper!! She has just now started to calm down (and she is pushing 6 years old!). But, she is also a rescue and very loving. You made a good choice.

Old 04-25-2010, 06:49 AM

116 posts, read 298,564 times
Congratulations on your new family member. You did a good thing and will get a lot of good karma points. We have had 3 black lab mixes over these many years and they are very sweet, smart, and loyal family/companion dogs. Best of luck to you!

Old 04-25-2010, 07:35 AM

1,139 posts, read 2,361,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomichauds View Post
:::::UPDATE:::::

We went to the Humane Society today and found our dog!! He is a black labrador retriever mix?, 3 months old. We could not take him home yet thought b/c he is to be neutered on Tuesday .

I say mix? b/c he looks completely like a pure bred. He is already 20 lbs and is going to be a big boy when he grows up! He's got a shiny black coat with shorter hair, maybe from the working line of labs.

Once you adopt a dog, that dog is no longer really taken out to see any one, so that no one will "fall in love". So we will be visiting him again tomorrow so that we can play with him for a bit since he'll be by himself. I suspect his brothers will probably be adopted by then as well. They were all so cute

We made a stop at Petsmart to get some supplies. I need to check through my old box with our previous dog's stuff that we kept. But for the most part, we have new things.

He is so beautiful and sweet. I found out the history is that he and his other 2 brothers were brought in just yesterday by someone whose dog had puppies. So this is not the scenario of abandoned/abused dogs.

Thanks to everyone who posted encouraging me to check on shelters and such b/c honestly I was not planning on this being our first route. But after seeing so many dogs in need of a home I had to give it a try.

We are in love and hope to bring him home asap

AWESOME!!! Enjoy many wonderful years with your new addition

Old 04-25-2010, 09:08 AM

272 posts, read 785,972 times
Good stuff. Don't you feel better too getting a dog that needed a home?

Old 04-27-2010, 06:04 PM

116 posts, read 298,564 times
The spouse and I would like to see photos of your new family addition, when you have the time to post them.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:16 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,359,953 times
Sorry about the deleted message. I was actually trying to add a picture of Jett unsucessfully.

If you guys check Chat thread 4, a picture is there.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:22 AM

6 posts, read 17,105 times
So glad you can provide a home and love to dog worthy of your love and time. Hope he gives you lot of joy.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:09 PM

45 posts, read 95,098 times
Default Finding a good breeder

Yes this question is a good one.. I was at a dog show today close to where I live, and boy, you could tell that people or breeders are like their dogs. I am looking for a chocolate min. poodle and while I was at this dog show I was asking around for this certain breeder to be there, could not find her and in trying to find her I talked with many "so called" breeders and they told me not to touch their dog because they were going to be in the ring or for some other stupid reason. I already has "rescued" two of my other dogs and today turned me right off from these breeders who charge an arm and a leg for their breed, but yet these poor things get poked and yanked and "caged" the time there. These people talk about "puppy mills". These poor animals are there so they can charge more for their pups not for the love of the animals. My dogfriends at our house are loved for being who they are and for what they give me back.

I am still looking for my chocolate poodle but wonder how and where there is a loving, compassionate breeder who loves their dogs and not caged, poked and just to put out there to "show".

I live in LOndon Ontario Canada...so any poodle breeders who see this would love your reply.

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte