Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 01:39 PM

3 posts, read 4,863 times

Advertisements

The reason you have not heard of anything is that the president of The WCWAA Tracy Clinton is a political player in the county and she did not want any bad press around her. The First thing WCWAA members should do is get rid of Clinton. As Mayor of Wesley chapel with her incompetence got the town involved in several lawsuits, costing the villiage tens of thousands of dollars. Sounds like the same situation the Park is in now. This has been kicked down the road for a few years now and will ultimately cost the taxpayers thousands to repair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2010, 01:43 PM

175 posts, read 412,593 times
Coupon...no offense but I can't hold a candle to your rants buddy. I haven't asked Mr.Openshaw what he has done, he has been a commissioner for three and a half years and in the majority for almost a year and a half....and today we find that the park is near closure. You tell me pal...what has he done? Seems to me if he was worth a cent he would have managed to solve the problem...but as I said, looks like the park is going to close here on the eve of his failed bid for re-election. The "deadline" that Tracy Clinton points to JUST came to be? Wasn't this all important deadline known a week before the primary election? Or did they just get that deadline Coupon? Tell me Coupon? How long have they known the end was near Coupon? Did the magic park fairy just drop in in their laps last week a matter of days before the election?

If you think using the potential closure of this park for political gain is cool then fine, but be man enough to step up to the plate and admit it is what it is. These people always want to point to everyone else and say they do this or that and the Village Scribe is now saying they are preying on some poor mom with a special needs kid...but who the h-e-double hockey sticks pulled this stunt to make the whole park thing a political issue to being with?

Funny part is...the thing has turned on them and people see it. The park isn't going nowhere and we all know it...the county will not allow it. But Lanny Openshaw will have plenty of free time come December to help out at the concession stand!

Old 05-01-2010, 04:48 PM

1 posts, read 2,048 times
We need to figure out a way for WCWAA to continue. We need this in our community for our children. I do however think that the timing of the email sent out by Tracie Clinton could potentially be read as being "political" in nature with the upcoming election. When I received it, I thought this and it quite honestly rubbed me the wrong way. When is the park scheduled to shut its doors? Could this have not waited until after the election was over? Now someone has "hacked" their email list. They should have seen that one coming. That is quite an impressive list and lengthy I'm sure. I hope they find out who was behind WCWAA email-gate. It makes everyone look bad. The J's are clueless and all they want is to get themselves elected because they are "paid" henchmen for others behind the scenes who want to secretly run Union County... dare I say the good ole boy crowd? Lane, Oppenshaw and Davidson are honest and hard working, with nothing to gain. They work for you. You can be sure of that!

The issue with the WCWAA is that Union County Staff, Union County Commissioners at the time the special permit was given to develop the fields, and the engineers made a complete mess of things by not requiring a flood study. I also think that those who live close to the park that are against it are against it because they don't like it being there and all the traffic and people it brings into the park. They also I'm sure are concerned about re-sale.. which I'm sure is difficult. Who wants to live right up against a ball park? Surely some red flags occured or were communicated during the development stages of this project. I would be shocked if WCWAA was completely innocent in this situation. Ok, so Union County made a bad decision. Stop the presses! It ain't the first time. Remember the whole Walmart deal on Tom Short Rd where they slipped that one in on everybody in some back room deal? Then the neighbors and neighborhoods rose up to fight it and stop it... and WON! What about all the money spent hiring attorneys to fight this? Did those involved in fighting Walmart sue Union County for their money back for making a bad decision? For every bad decision made by Union County, you better believe it wasn't by accident or oversight. Those making the decisions had a lot to gain. I think the engineers are 100% to blame and WCWAA. Why should Union County have to pay to help them get out of this mess? And don't even think about coming to Weddington asking for a bail-out. When Weddington annexed that ballfield, I asked others why? I am still asking why. Why, Nancy Anderson and other council members would you take in this messed up ball park is beyond me. Were you (Weddington ) told that everything would be worked out and not to worry? Funny thing is, there are a few who knew where this was heading and gladly passed it on to Weddington in hopes they would be DUMB enough to take it and they DID! What does Weddington gain annexing this ball park? Heck Weddington was about to approve private sewer plants because of mistakes from Union County and their commissioners over running out of sewer allocations. Wake up Weddington. It's time to stop taking sloppy seconds and trying to run with the henchmen. Whatever they are promising you... don't believe it. Looks like you would have figured that out by now. That is why it is important to elect HONEST people who will work for the citizens and not for the developers and the good ole boy crowd.

Now WCWAA is crying a river and are up the creek without a paddle. I guess politics muddies the water and we are seeing a lot of mud slinging and finger pointing. Voting for Lane, Openshaw and Davidson (Republican party) will ensure a good review of these issues and they will make the right decision.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:03 PM

373 posts, read 1,471,566 times
Well said Ms. Terry. Except for the voting part. Probably would have agreed with you if WCWAA had not leaked, I mean sold, I mean, had stolen ( gosh I just can't seem to remember) their email list. Is there an honest person left?

Old 05-01-2010, 07:13 PM

8 posts, read 16,961 times
Default Better learn to read bigdaddyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyd View Post
The timing of this coupled with the "Village Scribe" expose just smacks of political grandstanding. The "Scribe" along with one post on here says its so critical that Openshaw, Lane, and that other guy get elected to "SAVE" the park. Well HELLO...ANYBODY out there? Mr. Openshaw was Chairman of the County Commission last year and has been in the majority with Kuehler and Rogers for nearly a year and a half. So can somebody please tell me why its now SO important to re-elect Openshaw to save the park? WHAT HAS HE DONE FOR THE LAST YEAR AND A HALF TO SAVE the park? Anybody???

Getting resolution to this park issue is by all means very important, but anybody who could even begin to validate the re-election of a candidate who has sit back and done ZIP for the park is out of their mind.

I have read both posts and comments concerning the WCWAA on the Village Scribe, the "Scribe" never mentioned Openshaw or Lane or to Save the park.

Don't look now, but your bias is showing.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:42 PM

175 posts, read 412,593 times
Default Dive me a break!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trupac View Post
I have read both posts and comments concerning the WCWAA on the Village Scribe, the "Scribe" never mentioned Openshaw or Lane or to Save the park.

Don't look now, but your bias is showing.
Oh...so the "Scribe" isn't implying that we must vote for Openshaw? Seriously...are you kidding me? So he didn't come out and say those exact words...well excuse me. The "Scribe" exists to promote his left-wing candidates and their agenda...and this was a hit job likely designed by him to help get out the vote for Openshaw. You know that...but you, like Coupon aren't man or woman enough to just admit it. I guess his ENDORSEMENT of Openshaw on his blog was just a figment of my imagination and his whole hit job about the other candidates was meant to tell me to vote for them and not Openshaw. Dang, I got confused.

Bias? Oh yeah...you aren't? I expect we all are. Yes...I voted the first day of early voting for JOHNSON, THOMAS, and SIMPSON....because I am sick and tired of the complete lack of leadership by the current majority. I am bias...dang skippy....I am tired of junk like this being used for political gain by "Scribe" and those he controls while at the same time attacking the other side for their "special interests." Like I said earlier, the park isn't going anywhere...but Openshaw is...he is GOING HOME TO MARVIN! And he can thank the wonderful "Scribe" and those who cuddle up to him for helping send him there.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:18 AM

8 posts, read 16,961 times
Bigdaddyd, I am glad we are clear as to what motivates your political view.

Endorsement of a candidate does not shadow what I read on the "Scribe", unlike your personal opinion, the stories on the Village Scribe contain material fact. County emails and photos are presented as evidence, concerning the WCWAA issue.

I love reading the local comments with all this newcomer hate. Openshaw and the current board have no conflicts of interest -- their biggest sin is that 'there not from around here...' (add you own twang)

They don't trade sewer access to force a favor out of a shopping center developer to put up a Dry Cleaners store.

They don't meet with developer the re-write sewer and water permits for campaign contributors, so a large commercial shopping center on Independence can go forward.

Some how I missed photos of Openshaw on the front page of the Charlotte Observer giving sewer permit favors or the FBI Investigation the followed.

That's what I am sick and tired of Skippy -- County Commissioners who are corrupt.

You know 'Skippy', the getaway driver is just as guilty as the bank robbers, and you dude are just as guilty as the past boards who looted Union County and those whose support the corrupt pay to play system that put us in the position and debt are today.

I am amazed by this phrase 'lack of leadership by the current majority', maybe I am being too hard on you, perhaps you just don't recognize honest government, since this is the first time since the boom of the 1990's that Union County has had it.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:19 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,372,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCruzes View Post
Well said Ms. Terry. Except for the voting part. Probably would have agreed with you if WCWAA had not leaked, I mean sold, I mean, had stolen ( gosh I just can't seem to remember) their email list. Is there an honest person left?
It was Simpson that stole the email list, and I, for one, am personally insulted that he used my email without authorization. He also signed it:

Sincerely,
Jerry Simpson 704-302-2940

Todd Johnson 980-328-2021

Jonathan Thomas 704-242-0644

so I hold all three of them responsible for the unauthorized access to my personal information. I would not want any of those three in public office because they obviously do not respect privacy of residents and I find that to be a major ethical concern.

I have not received ANY solicitations from Openshaw, Davis, or Lane. I guess they are above hacking personal info.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:27 PM

373 posts, read 1,471,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc0789 View Post
It was Simpson that stole the email list
The only email I received soliciting votes was signed by Tracy Kuehler it was addressed

Dear Fellow WCWAA Members

and contained the following

Vote FOR the Park: Vote Lanny Openshaw, Roger Lane, and Walker Davidson (Republican Primary) for County Commissioner.

Then two follow up emails from WCWAA. In fact it seems for the last week the only emails I have received from WCWAA are political in nature. Which is annoying. Let me know if a game is changed or cancelled but I will decide how to vote, thank you very much.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:36 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,372,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCruzes View Post
The only email I received soliciting votes was signed by Tracy Kuehler it was addressed

Dear Fellow WCWAA Members

and contained the following

Vote FOR the Park: Vote Lanny Openshaw, Roger Lane, and Walker Davidson (Republican Primary) for County Commissioner.

Then two follow up emails from WCWAA. In fact it seems for the last week the only emails I have received from WCWAA are political in nature. Which is annoying. Let me know if a game is changed or cancelled but I will decide how to vote, thank you very much.

I DID receive that one! I thought it was because I had emailed her in response to Clinton's email, and that is how she got my email address regarding WCWAA... therefore was not unsolicited. So you got that one from Tracy Kuehler and you hadn't emailed her about WCWAA??

I definitely got an unsolicited email from Simpson, and am definitely angry that he somehow fraudently acquired my email address.

But if you are saying that the email from Kehler also used WCWAA's list, and they actually PROVIDED it, I am FURIOUS with WCWAA and that would actually be a violation of their non profit status.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte