Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 09:32 PM

117 posts, read 406,287 times

Advertisements

I know there are alot of realtors on this forum so I am hoping someone could give me their thoughts about working for either Remax or Allen Tate. I am an experienced realtor from NJ and am considering both companies. Any thoughts/experiences/anyone working for either of these companies? Thanks for any and all input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2007, 11:08 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabmac View Post
I know there are alot of realtors on this forum so I am hoping someone could give me their thoughts about working for either Remax or Allen Tate. I am an experienced realtor from NJ and am considering both companies. Any thoughts/experiences/anyone working for either of these companies? Thanks for any and all input.
Go with Tate, they are the local home grown company. I think they offer great service.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:34 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,430,380 times
Allen Tate is very good. My realtor is with Exit South (a coworker), but Allen tate has the best wesbite and some very good realtors.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:56 AM

111 posts, read 527,547 times
i think it will depend a lot on what you want to spend for office fees, marketing and commission cuts. tate and remax have different plans on both of those. both have many offices all over charlotte but I guess i am biased towards tate too becasue as said above they are the local home grown company and allen has done so much for the community and no though I am a realtor i do not work for either. good luck. what part of NJ are you coming from?

Old 06-11-2007, 08:27 AM

622 posts, read 1,783,029 times
I was in the same predicament when I moved here 6 years ago. I went with the Allen Tate company, and I am so glad I did. They have a very strong reputation, excellent training, and on-going education.

As Savvycltsales expressed, their community and charitable work is highly respected in the Charlotte area. Being independently owned has also made a difference to me. It is like working with a family.

Old 06-11-2007, 11:14 AM

107 posts, read 121,186 times
I had to chime in on this one....

I feel strongly that it is more important to find the right PERSON to represent you. Most companies (not including discount or non-full service firms which admittedly I know little about) provide the same sorts of services to clients with minimal bells and whistles that distinguish them from others.

In my transactions and dealings with agents from some incredibly reputable boutique type firms or smaller, lesser known firms, it really boiled down to the individual with whom I was dealing. One company here that has a very good rep. had an agent that never returned phone calls and another national firm had an agent who actually asked me for personal financials for my client that would have been a breach of the fiduciary relationship I maintain with my clients at all times. They should not have even asked...

So... find a person who for sellers will endeavor to sell your house as fast as possible at the best possible price and for buyers that will LISTEN to YOU and help you find what you are looking for!!

Good Luck!

Lester Morris

Old 06-11-2007, 11:27 AM

70 posts, read 350,315 times
a friend of my works for my townhome realty and really enjoys it.

if you need contact info PM me

Old 06-11-2007, 11:32 AM

45 posts, read 206,849 times
Allen Tate!

Old 06-11-2007, 12:45 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,170,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabmac View Post
The companies have two completely different philosophies. I would definitely meet with the Broker-in-Charge at the office(s) you are considering and allow each to "sell" their company to you. I chose Allen Tate, but I also know many others that are happy with other companies.

Old 06-11-2007, 01:35 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,430,380 times
Nothing but bad experiences with the agents at CB for me. There was one very rude on the phone and another very rude in person (two different offices, one in Rock Hill and one in Lancaster). And when I search for them via Yahoo's search for Rock Hill, a few negatives came up too. I personally would not go with them now, but to each his own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte