Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 12:43 AM

473 posts, read 1,579,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgibbs2007 View Post
I see what youre saying. You are right. Sad but true to say is that we have too many newcommers moving here period and they are making it bad for the natives. The more people, higher taxes, cost increase, another Atlanta, NY, DC; the places they came from. If I offended anybody, I'm just speaking reality. The local goverment don't care either. As long as the cash flow continues. They dont care about value and traditions anymore. See if a 40 story building will be build in Charleston, SC. They wont destory their history!!LOL
What is the deal with this? Since I've been here the past year, I've met one Charlotte native that I'm aware of, and he posts on this board. A Charlotte native is pretty scarce, from what I have personally experienced. It seems like everyone here is from somewhere else.

I am a transplant but I am not from any major city. I'm from a whole in the wall town an hour away from any city, let alone major city! Also, not all newcomers are from up north. Do you not read these boards? What about CA, FL, AZ, etc.? Last I looked at a map they were definitely not up north...

It is too bad that you feel that way about the influx. I see your point and understand it but believe you are going about it the wrong way by bashing, and lumping newcomers in together....

I agree that taxes need to be raised to support infrastructure due to the influx of residents. It is progress and this area has been progressing for the past 10 years that I can remember. You are complaining now but just wait to you put your house on the market to move out of here, I doubt you will be complaining then....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2007, 10:39 AM

157 posts, read 530,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niknaxx View Post
What is the deal with this? Since I've been here the past year, I've met one Charlotte native that I'm aware of, and he posts on this board. A Charlotte native is pretty scarce, from what I have personally experienced. It seems like everyone here is from somewhere else.

I am a transplant but I am not from any major city. I'm from a whole in the wall town an hour away from any city, let alone major city! Also, not all newcomers are from up north. Do you not read these boards? What about CA, FL, AZ, etc.? Last I looked at a map they were definitely not up north...

It is too bad that you feel that way about the influx. I see your point and understand it but believe you are going about it the wrong way by bashing, and lumping newcomers in together....

I agree that taxes need to be raised to support infrastructure due to the influx of residents. It is progress and this area has been progressing for the past 10 years that I can remember. You are complaining now but just wait to you put your house on the market to move out of here, I doubt you will be complaining then....
Youre right. I should be careful on how i word things. But the growth need to slow down and the gov need to put higher restrictions on developers and be not so eager to sell their soal to them just to throw up some subdivision, or some strip mall of both then 6 month later the City annex or rape the land.

Old 07-19-2007, 10:50 AM

3,662 posts, read 9,669,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niknaxx View Post
What is the deal with this? Since I've been here the past year, I've met one Charlotte native that I'm aware of, and he posts on this board.
Now you know two!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte