Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 08:51 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,030,335 times

Advertisements

Here's some info on Plum Island, the wiki does mention KS:

Plum Island Animal Disease Center - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You get a nice view of it as you ride the ferry from the east end of LI to Connecticut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 08:59 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
Whether its jobs or not it about human life. The above post brings up a good point
Its ok to have processed food and that what giving the company the place to research
to make processed seeds that will cause more cancer.
FDA only checks for immediate health harm not long term.

Isn't it plausible that they are using Cancer & HIV as a money making industry.
If they find a cure for either then this would mean so many people would be with out
jobs. Think about it. This starts down to person who refills the prescriptions all the way
up to these scientists and every middle man in between.
It could cause another recession.
So lets support villains they provide jobs & painful deaths.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:00 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,154,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
We are sarcrifing the freedom of organic foods in order to do so.
With the oil spill we could sacrifice to either processed fish or imported from China
all our seafood. Heck lets just sell all the farms to Monsato let them have a monopoly
on our food industry with potential of charging sky rocket prices.
We already let the Big import box stores run out our mom & pops

Now you want to sacrifice the farmer for some employee who more than likely not from here to begin with.

If it aint broke then why in the heck we want to support something that worked for 200 years.
With this lets save the jobs screw the farmer attitude we are allowing big corporation
take over rural america.

This state going to be ruined and loose all its beauty because of greed
Bingo! On the money!

Spoiler

When you regain conscienceness (over the fact we agree on something ),
you'll probably rethink your position; based on the fact I agree

Old 05-25-2010, 09:37 AM

169 posts, read 318,388 times
So Monsanto will create more cancer with their research? Ever ride by McDonald's when they are burning trash? How much negative air does that give off? It's strange that people are selective about what causes cancer, whether intentionally or not, but since the USA has become a "fast food" society doesn't anyone think that may be an underlying cause of diseases that strikes us? Look at what China put in toothpaste and milk. Duh, do you beleive that's the only country cutting corners?

Old 05-25-2010, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Well, it's jobs.

There comes a time when one must weigh social responsibility against the unemployment rate and folks needing jobs to put food on the table.

Hopefully, Monsanto won't be doing experimental laboratory work there - or if they do - surely it will be monitored and not be something that would affect nearby residents.

But folks need jobs . . . so I don't think I would be disparaging any company that is willing to move here and hire people.
While I agree in your "it's a job" sentiment. I have to disagree with the concept of just any jobs will do and let's keep our fingers crossed that some City, State or Federal babysitter will keep a close eye on them (or any companny, for that matter) and make sure they're not doing something dangerous to the environment, our resources and our health.

I mean, isn't that the mentality that has brought us to the trerrible mess we as a country (and as a planet ) are in, now?

Where was the EPA in their enforcement of regualtions in this whole dispicable BP oil leak situation?

Where was the monitoring?

Why was Bush permitted to loosen regulations and lower limits and thresholds of acceptable tolerances?

I'm sorry, but this mentality is what has created our own hell.

Mercury, tons of pharmaceutical drugs, hormones, steroids (and other toxins in our oceans, drinking water, rivers and lakes. In our soil...in our air...in our food.

We have at least two enormous islands of nothing but plastic and styrofoam trash, in our oceans.

We can't continue to poison the very resources we depend on to sustain us.

We have to find a better way. We need to go back to supporting and cultivating local farming. Sure as hell will help in every aspect, inculding on reducing the amounbt of oil/gas we use in trucking foods all over the place.

We need to start making things out of biodegradable materials. materials that won't poison our oceans.

We can be progressive and move forward, while retaining organic and local farming sensibilities.

Extremist Capitalism is as damaging and dangerous as any other.

Responsible, regulated Capitalism is what we need. A commitment to organic and natural foods and resources, is a must!

Old 05-25-2010, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden phoenix View Post
Don't hear anyone complaining about the hormones and antibiotics given to chicken, pork or beef nor where all the cancer is coming from only the ways to cure it.....
You don't?

many people have been screaming about it for a very long time. problem is, a majority of ther population has been brushing it off or shrugging their shoulders ...for far too long. But there has been a lot of noise about it!

I agree completely. The FDA? hahaha

The EPA? Puleeeeeze!

They are as corrupt as it gets. Nothing but a Lemonade stand, to cover for all the payoffs and corruption going on behind the scenes.

Last edited by NMyTree; 05-25-2010 at 10:03 AM..

Old 05-25-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Whether its jobs or not it about human life. The above post brings up a good point
Its ok to have processed food and that what giving the company the place to research
to make processed seeds that will cause more cancer.
FDA only checks for immediate health harm not long term.

Isn't it plausible that they are using Cancer & HIV as a money making industry.
If they find a cure for either then this would mean so many people would be with out
jobs. Think about it. This starts down to person who refills the prescriptions all the way
up to these scientists and every middle man in between.
It could cause another recession.
So lets support villains they provide jobs & painful deaths.

Yup. Gary Null used to talk about this very thing, on his radio show, decades ago.

And I have no doubt there's a lot of truth to it.

Think about it.

Every medicine.......every "Cure" they come up with, does something else horrible to you, which requires yet another three or four (or more) medicines; to "cure" the "Cure's" sideeffects or damage.

Pushing mood altering drugs on kids. Over the counter pain killers kill more people and cause more addiction, than illegal street opiates.

The list goes on and on.

Keep us sick, keep us dependant on their medicines and keep us hooked on the cr*p food they market to us. The very food that is often the source of a majority of our illnesses.

Notice how cow milk is just about everything, now?

Try finding some thing that doesn't have cow milk in it. Go ahead.

I do it every day and every week. It's unbelievable...mindboggling where you find cow milk these days.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:10 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,959,040 times
Cow milk? How about high fructose corn syrup?

Old 05-25-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
Cow milk? How about high fructose corn syrup?

Well that too. I've been avoiding that cr*p for over a decade.

I didn't want to get into listing every, single one. Or else I'll be here all day, lol

Old 05-25-2010, 12:34 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,527,721 times
Thank you to the person that direct message me this

This is sad but hey we will have jobs whoo pee

YouTube - "What in the World are They Spraying?" - Official Trailer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte