Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2012, 02:13 AM
EUR EUR started this thread

1 posts, read 2,270 times

Advertisements

Me and my husband are relocating to Charlotte in July. We are new to the area and looking for a good place to rent to start with in a nice, safe, quiet neighborhood. Location: south/west CLT, Fort Mill, Tega Cay... We like outdoor activities but also like to go out to restaurants/movies so the area should be green but not to far away from shopping.
I did some research online and consider the following apartments: Reafield Village, Marquise at Carmel Valley/Commons, Millcrest Park (has mixed reviews, not sure about that one), Bexeley at Steelecroft. We also consider renting a house (Tega Cay would be nice) but I was not able to find anything online yet.

Has anybody lived in one of these apartments before? I appreciate any comments, reviews, advice on neighborhoods and apartments in these areas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2012, 11:52 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,619,995 times
If you like being close to shopping and such, I say Ballantyne would be better than Tega Cay. It has closer shopping plazas. Tega Cay is pretty nice, though, but it is further from the city and there is only one road in and out.

Old 06-23-2012, 02:55 PM

42 posts, read 63,516 times
drive around and pay attention to the TRAFFIC in Ballantyne!! horrid! horrid! horrid! Now they plan on road work for the next 18 months widening the interstate but not doing anything about ACCESS to the interstate! There are only 2 interchanges. and BTW WHO??? thought a left hand turn on to an interstate was efficient? Ever heard of a clover leaf design? Traffic will back up 3/4 of a mile to get on at the Johnson Road interchange @ 5pm insane getting to that area on the side streets also. I dread having to drive to our office in that area..... IMHO I'm just sayin' I too am new to Charlotte and decided to live in the city; Belmont neighborhood and help with the revitalization. Sorry for the gramatical and spelling errors, I am in a hurry. Going to eat at "CRAZY FISH" on Central YUMMMM!

Last edited by nola2nooga2harlot; 06-23-2012 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: left out a sentence.

Old 06-23-2012, 03:59 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,801,729 times
I believe your information is incorrect about the access to 485, they are changing it to a "cloverleaf" from my understanding.

The traffic in Ballantyne isn't that bad. 485 does back up going from I-77 but there are plenty of other ways to get around it if you know where you're going. The traffic in the morning getting onto 485 is a little crazy but it moves at a decent pace, unless there's an accident. Ballantyne propers traffic is like everywhere else and not bad at all.

I-485 widening to start next summer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte