Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 09:25 PM

18 posts, read 32,320 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at Sale Creek area and the area/schools seem to be what my family is looking for. We wanted an area outside Chattanooga (also looking around Knoxville) with a small school for our children. We have very conservative beliefs. Anyone with any information on Sale Creek?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2014, 06:09 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,874,120 times
GOOD FISHING , NOt much HAIL. .: WELCOME MOM.. We live on the south side of Sale creek. This is known as north HAMILTON co. Most of food , store shopping will be to the north in City of DAYTON,, or just to south in town of SODDY-DAISY. . Recently the co Gov't voted to expand the Sale creek High School, which should be a positive... Many towns are petition to get their schools upgraded..

I believe there is a new elementary school right by Bakewell corner (BP Gas & Subway) Retro- HUghes traffic light.. Again many churches in the area, & good family values . Vary near the creeks & lake for fishing / kayak activities... Sale creek has quite large TVA camp ground & boat launch.. Write again or Pvt Msg if any topic we can help .

Old 05-21-2015, 12:04 PM

86 posts, read 112,092 times
Split,

My wife and I read your comment back in January of this year and found it very helpful. We visited the area in April and ended up buying a tract of land there.
Outstanding information and it lead us to wander the area for several days discovering allot of wonderful places.

Old 05-22-2015, 05:59 PM

Cool New Neighbor

GOOD DEAL..: This spring we were offered a nice building lot in Sale Creek & our block foundation was finished yesterday.. ! Is your piece of property also Sale Creek... Lots of bigger houses going up along Lee
pike this Spring..
. Today were had wonderful picnic up on plateau at the hang gliding launch sky park. Had never been there in 7 yrs.. Try to attach pic.. Known as the TENNESSEE TREE TOPPERs if you search or You Tube.
This would be west Soddy , end of POE rd.. Path of TRAIL OF TEARS" Indian exodus.

Last edited by SPLIT; 05-22-2015 at 06:04 PM.. Reason: pic

Old 05-22-2015, 09:18 PM

4,882 posts, read 5,012,042 times
I've never been up there Split, but if that is the view, I will have to go up there soon.

Old 05-23-2015, 08:17 AM

249 posts, read 659,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT View Post
GOOD DEAL..: This spring we were offered a nice building lot in Sale Creek & our block foundation was finished yesterday.. ! Is your piece of property also Sale Creek... Lots of bigger houses going up along Lee
pike this Spring..
. Today were had wonderful picnic up on plateau at the hang gliding launch sky park. Had never been there in 7 yrs.. Try to attach pic.. Known as the TENNESSEE TREE TOPPERs if you search or You Tube.
This would be west Soddy , end of POE rd.. Path of TRAIL OF TEARS" Indian exodus.
That looks like Dr. Ollie Gregory in your picture. Hard to tell though.

Old 05-26-2015, 10:29 AM

That is correct SPLIT,

Sale Creek will be our new home. I just showed my wife that picture and she ask if we can go back right now. That picture reminds me of the view from the road in front of our land.

I will need to chat with all of you locals about excavators and tradesmen / builders in the area.

Old 05-27-2015, 05:25 PM

Cool SODDY Creek New Linear swim Park, Trail

Good deal W.T. : We have a neighbor or some church guys that can be informative on that $$ sq ft
construction...Maybe on these forums the History of our town was written before.. Around the time frame when the Indians and soldiers were sparing for land , the soldiers kept offering blankets, the Indians felt
they had no use of ""Stinking Blankets" ! .So the 1st really big outdoor Flea market was held at the mouth of the creek & river... Buyers who missed out the 1st weekend ,asked the location & the locals said the
Sale at the Creek, thus future known as Sale Creek.

This pic was taken Sunday at the new Soddy linear park called Big Soddy Gulf.. The 1st creek south of Sale or even Rock creek is Possum creek at the Bakewell hamlet, near the BP gas station , Subway deli.. The road up the plateau to the west is called RETRO - Hughes.. Huges is the farming family with the land up top.. RETRO is a throw back to the RR name given locals or Backwards people for low education.. A change of the letters on the RR stop changed it into Bakewell. ... The next creek south of here is this Soddy gulf, new trailhead parking for about 12 cars UNDER the RR tresle / bridge off of Back Valley road... A gravel drive
for about 1 1/4 miles leads into TWO big Blue HOle Water swim spots.. White mtn Laurel & some purple Rhody plants were noticed on the far bank... New resting sitting benches , donated by local church are also spaced about each 1/3rd mile..

Old 06-10-2015, 09:18 AM

That looks like a nice park, we will have to check it out the next time we are in the area.

Old 07-12-2015, 11:21 AM

Thumbs up . Newer Slab construction, county energy codes, new school

.. I will try to attach a recent pic at the bottom of this thread about the Sale Creek new bldg / energy codes for 2015.. I know the original poster inquired lat year, but this town is now getting activity as the high school is expanding this summer, I believe... There is also a very large construction site along four lane Rt #27 which should be the new Fire House / rescue complex... \

There is a informative thread under the Nashville forum about any modern benefits of Slab construction..
Our new project should be finished in three weeks... I have been Very Impressed with the 2015 bldg / energy inspection codes for new construction.... This house will be a slight downsize for us as we are mid 60's retirees.... Very flat back yard and almost vehicle access to patio door for future wheel-chair needs..

Built on a elevated concrete slab, all of the color coded PEX plumbing & drains are positioned 1st.. The furnace & duct work is in the ceiling... Unit has a higher SEER energy rating... latest benefit is very low insurance quote for new construction discount..

Funny story from yesterday flea market vendor lady,, said her daughter was a student of this teacher tract of land originally called the HAWKins family farm, I believe.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga