Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 01:56 PM

476 posts, read 1,134,501 times

Advertisements

Absolutely – all interested need apply.
I don’t claim to know the intricacies of the admissions process. I do know, above all, they try to build a well rounded student body.

We had classes that were remedial, standard, honors, and advance placement/AP within each discipline: math, English etc. Some students were all remedial, some a mix of standard and honors. It depended on the individual.
Some students were able to take tests separate from the class or allotted extra time because they had “test taking anxiety” or a different "learning style"/disability.

They take care of students at all levels and are most flexible. That’s part of why they have alumni so ready to contribute, the administration went above and beyond for many of us while we were in their care.

That said: This school is very challenging academically. We always had hours more homework than any of our friends in public or other private schools. I don’t know if they still have 2 hour exams each semester, but they sure made college exams seem like old hat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2007, 01:55 PM

20 posts, read 116,328 times
Kinda late in these post....You have been providing some great info.
I am RN (adult ED/ICU and peds/neonatal ICU). I am studying to be a family nurse practitioner. What kind of hosptial is Erlanger? I live in Atlanta, is it anything like Grady? Is it a trauma center? How do TN and physicians treat mid level pratitioners?
Thanks for any info you might have.
Ivan
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
Dear Troller,

Chattanooga has excellent medical facilities. It has three main hospitals: Parkridge, Memorial, and Erlanger. There is also T.C. Thompson Children's Hospital (part/adjacent to Erlanger). Erlanger is a large teaching institution with many residents.

Pediatric care is very good in the area. Please PM me if need a specific pediatrician or FP recommendation.

If you (or others) have any other questions, please let me know.

drfranklin

Old 06-02-2007, 02:13 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,873,725 times
Thumbs up Chattanooga Chamber Link

i-3: Here is the chamber of commerce link to ALL Hospitals in Hamilton co.
" Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce " enter . HOSPITALS in seach window.
enjoy. Each one has their own web page, choice.

Old 10-30-2007, 08:57 PM

4 posts, read 12,131 times
Default Car Businesses and Towing

Sounds like Chattanooga is a great area and is close to what we're used to in Florida. But we want out of Florida heat,so we've been looking at Chattanooga and Cleveland too. We've been up there a few times and looked in that area. Signal Mountain is a beautiful area but a little more pricey than we want. Is there a good horse/mini farm oriented area between Chattanooga and Cleveland that's reasonably priced? And is there a need for a good dependable Towing company somewhere up that way?

Old 08-26-2008, 02:42 PM

2 posts, read 5,683 times
where is the best area to live in chattanooga thats not to expensive but still nice? and how much do apartments average there ? my husband would like to get a job at the volkswagon plant does anyone have any info on that ,please let me know thanks..

Old 09-04-2014, 08:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,390 times
Im a single mom now and looking to move from Florida to Chattanooga with my kids , I've lived in Florida my entire life but i have live short term in Tennessee, Texas, South Carolina , Georgia. I want to start over my son and mom passed away and im just sick of it hear, please help me figure out an area resonable for a single mom thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga