Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 07:44 AM

179 posts, read 556,832 times

Advertisements

@Split, oh yea seen the pictures before (didn't know they were yours) wonderful!
It just all looks so wonderful to me, i really think Dayton is the area to go to, for its look & conveniences.

@jkmewright "You won't find much up there but that's the charm of it." That sounds just about right for us :-)
Kinda worried about finding a house with the "homes with 5 old beater cars" not for the junk but for the fact Mr. McGiver SURE would find some use and wanna keep 'em & built something etc...So maybe I should tell house Agents to hide the junk cars before he looks at 'em.

Any home to us has selling points that's: Not within the direct city, several acres land, needing some work but has a sound structure and is within a safe neighborhood (or for that matter has no direct neighborhood lol)

Well the Moving Inspector person is coming out today, so that's another step closer. I really just hope it all works out in time, so latest by Thanksgiving I can join my hubby in TN - Wouldn't wanna spent the holiday apart, done that one too many times in the past, so cross your fingers for us.
And then once I'm settled, I'd really love to meet you all in person to thank you for all your helps - You've been soooo great so far!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2008, 08:32 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,653,299 times
[quote=Angel079;5175426
Kinda worried about finding a house with the "homes with 5 old beater cars" not for the junk but for the fact Mr. McGiver SURE would find some use and wanna keep 'em & built something etc...So maybe I should tell house Agents to hide the junk cars before he looks at 'em.[/QUOTE]

Same here. My folks moved back here from Oregon 4 years ago. You would never guess that as the back yard is SO FULL with his "stuff" it looks like they were the original homesteaders. I understand collectors! I truly do

Check out Ogden on local.live They have birds eye view and you can really see everything up there. There's a nice collection up by Ogden and Shaver that you will want to keep your hubby away from lol

Old 09-08-2008, 08:55 AM

1,253 posts, read 4,874,462 times
Talking Heros at HOme, link ?

A:There was a All Star TV program last night supporting troops / veterans.
. May search for "HEROs At HOME " sponsor by Sears. ? People would repair remodel a handicap veteran home .?
.. Any property with BOATs - I get 1st Dibs .
J.W. Borrow a Buggy , got 2 more Hill Climbs need a victim , I mean a test pilot / driver. Nuttin rong wit beeing shade tree meckanik. Angel new neighbor. Did we just miss your birthday July 9th .?

Old 09-08-2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmewright View Post
Same here. My folks moved back here from Oregon 4 years ago. You would never guess that as the back yard is SO FULL with his "stuff" it looks like they were the original homesteaders. I understand collectors! I truly do

Check out Ogden on local.live They have birds eye view and you can really see everything up there. There's a nice collection up by Ogden and Shaver that you will want to keep your hubby away from lol
Oh boy....you just destroyed my hopes here....I guess we better not get close to this area then
Specially now that we'll have to pay an overseas move 1st by ourselves each & every piece that SHOULD go to trash will be negotiated

Old 09-08-2008, 09:50 AM

Is that your yard SPLIT- Be honest Is the black one behind/ beside the tree an old Bug? Boy oh boy that WOULD be something.

Here's the deal > jkmewright will help me stay sane if we find a nice but junked land. You get any boats/ water vehicles to be found in the grass and hubby get's a 3 junk car allowance- Unless of cause there's one of these really old Ford pick-up's then I'd want that :-) Deal

"shade tree mechanic" you're one of the upgraded luxury one's aren't you? Having shade and all - Hubby is more the in the desert with no tools McGiver guy lol...Gotta do what ya gotta do.

My birthday ain't til December, by then I can hopefully invite y'all over to OUR house for lil party.

I know this Vet program they been doing it for a long time, but for as long as I'm fit, I wouldn't ever want this. I don't care if I have to learn how to tile myself I'd do it for us. There's vet's out there that don't got no one and need much more help, plus hubby is "only" 80% so there's still some 20% that do work acc. to the doctors

Old 09-08-2008, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel079 View Post
Here's the deal > jkmewright will help me stay sane if we find a nice but junked land. You get any boats/ water vehicles to be found in the grass and hubby get's a 3 junk car allowance- Unless of cause there's one of these really old Ford pick-up's then I'd want that :-) Deal

plus hubby is "only" 80% so there's still some 20% that do work acc. to the doctors
Ah Split is the boat fan so we'll donate those to him, let hubby have his 3 cars but if we run across any old jeeps or fj40s I have dibs and you get your old ford LOL I have looked at a few homes up there and they look nice. I always drool over the old farm houses. Hopefully they will clear all the old tractor parts before you guys even get a peak at the property

At least your hubby has his 20%. I know many fully capable dudes that are running much lower than that

Old 09-08-2008, 12:58 PM

Hey guys, found another reallllyyyy cool house BUT there's no kitchen in it any more. Granted I have serious blond moments but I really don't have no idea: To put a normal/ average kitchen in, nothing super special, just normal kitchen, how much can something like that cost? 5k 10k 20k???

Old 09-08-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmewright View Post
....but if we run across any old jeeps or fj40s I have dibs and you get your old ford .
Boy I loveeee Jeep, still never forgave my hubby he sold my old Wrangler last time we moved. Have my 3rd Jeep now, this time brand new had 10 miles on it when I got it and I am lovingggg it (Its Compass) So THAT should really be a touchy matter on the Jeep thing Then again if you'd fix it up & we go off rd'ing together I could handle it.

Old 09-08-2008, 01:28 PM

1,253 posts, read 4,874,462 times
Default Yards

A79 : Water pic below is our backyard. One of many coves off the main channel of the river. .Did someone use the word "Party " in one of the posts today .? We better get a permit or run this past "TriDad " . ?
.. J.W. & I are sort of Semi-pro landscape gardeners so we can help out the front yard for ya. "Shade Tree" has a few 1932 Deuce coupe & truck bodies street rods , off #30.
.. J.W. Still saving your 120 year farm / 120 acre for ya. Going to Borrow(?) half dozen crepe myrtle's from ya .

Old 09-08-2008, 01:42 PM

Ah I'm slap outta crepe myrtles BUT still holding that monkey grass and day lillies

Very cute pics
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Chattanooga