Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 06:22 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,440,930 times

Advertisements

The ATS is a low level Cadillac. Remember the BMW 318? Same idea.

I've been looking at the CTS. It beat out the BMW 535 and Mercedes E350 but the Audi was 1st.

2014 Cadillac CTS 3.6 vs. Audi A6, BMW 535i, Mercedes E350 Comparison Test – Review – Car and Driver
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2014, 06:23 PM

6,541 posts, read 7,124,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by need4speed2012 View Post
Its a rental car !!!!!!!!!
With your logic these cars fall in same category cuz they're all rental cars!!!!!!!!

Exotic Car Rental & Luxury Car Rental - Gotham Dream Cars

Old 03-09-2014, 06:39 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,153,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
With your logic these cars fall in same category cuz they're all rental cars!!!!!!!!

Exotic Car Rental & Luxury Car Rental - Gotham Dream Cars
Don't confuse mainstream rentals (most of which, indeed, are some of the lowest trims available) and exotics.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:55 PM

I built an ATS with V6 and cue as only options and it came out to $40k. You'd figure for 40k you could get more buying a different brand.

Old 03-09-2014, 06:58 PM

7,887 posts, read 11,404,388 times
Cadillac management made a decision to sale this car to a rental agency for us to drive. The same management runs ads telling us what a great luxury performance car it is...

Sounds like management is diluted which is never a good thing for the future of these jobs... but your mileage may vary if you drive this vehicle or will it? I fell for their cars once but not again

Old 03-09-2014, 07:06 PM

327 posts, read 774,348 times
I love the ATS. I drove my wife's from Austin to Pensacola and back last summer, but we took our time on the trip and stayed at several places overnight, Houston, New Orleans, Biloxi, so we didn't have any long drives in one day. I don't mind the comfort of the car, and I really enjoy driving it. She is partial to GM, so that is why she chose an ATS over a 3 series, and ours is just the 2.0T. For me the car handles great and the interior is nicer than the BMW or anything else for the price. I'm only 5'9", 180 lbs, so I'm OK with comfort in most vehicles. I'm sure someone bigger might not like it.

I did drive a v6 ATS for a trip to Dallas once and enjoyed the performance. Not the fastest thing I've driven but pretty good for what it is, and still a lot of fun to drive. The ATS-V will be a blast to drive if you want more power.

I will say the navigation is terrible and the radio could be better. The CD slot is in the glove compartment. I don't use CDs anymore, bluetooth makes it too easy to play music from phones.

Old 03-09-2014, 07:20 PM

2,025 posts, read 4,173,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Hauler View Post
Its a stripped down entry level car, what did you expect? Go get a cla or 3 series and prepare for deja vu. Find me a car where the interior is not fully adorned with plastic, you can't because not one exists. Your other talking points are subjective, even if you did manage to somehow choose a random number between 0 and 10.
We have a Volvo V50 and a Merc ML320 in our fleet, and these cars are not hard plasticky inside. The Audi A3 we rented in the UK was not plasticky inside. Even the Ford Mondeo we rented (the UK version of the Fusion) had tactile interior trim, although it still had rock hard seats. The hard textured plastic interior is something only we in the US seem to put up with.

Stripped down and luxury car are oxymorons. If Caddy is going to release a fleet version of the ATS they should make it a good one, prospective car buyers have been known to rent cars to see how they work over a weekend or longer, a sensible plan if you plan to drop that sort of money on a car.

Old 03-09-2014, 07:22 PM

Is the ATS a Cadillac version of a Regal?

Old 03-09-2014, 08:08 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,565,811 times
It's been my experience that the folks at GM really don't have that 'vision thing' that many folks such as politicians ramble on about when it comes to inundating rental car fleets with their products.

I've found their interiors to be bland, overflowing with plastic and really mediocre stereo systems, unlike their Asian, Korean & German competition, who are all sharp enough to realize that a nicely equipped rental car can invariably lead to a new customer should the renter be in the market for a new car and will consequently rent a specific model if possible with the intent of buying it if they like it enough.

Old 03-09-2014, 09:50 PM

3,306 posts, read 12,218,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomadAK View Post
We have a Volvo V50 and a Merc ML320 in our fleet, and these cars are not hard plasticky inside.
Really? The interiors of those vehicles have plastic everywhere you turn your head. I consider plastic, plastic. Am I missing something here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomadAK View Post
Stripped down and luxury car are oxymorons. If Caddy is going to release a fleet version of the ATS they should make it a good one
It doesn't appear that I said "luxury car" so I am not sure what you're referring to. As to your other statement, they don't have to. They [GM], just like the other "luxury" manufacturers with bottom-of-the-barrel offerings, know that this car will appeal to the market of badge buyers, which is quite bountiful. It also doesn't require a whole lot of convincing on the behalf of the manufacturers because they know this particular market is clearly not savvy. The buyers will make their choice based on logic similar to that which they would use choosing a brand of gasoline, or milk for that matter. If its similar enough to the other one, the odds are even and that will be good enough for a new contender in the market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC