Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 07:02 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,964,749 times

Advertisements

Certainly not the Chevrolet I would want.
Chevrolet is running a couple of ads in the Los Angeles market, and I think they should have studied these commercials before airing them.
The commercials show "interested " customers seated inside different models stating how beautiful they are.

One big problem,all of the "happy customers look like they were helped into the seat with a shoe horn.
They look so cramped for room sitting in the seat.
Not much head room either.
Their stomachs look only inches from the steering wheel.
They really look uncomfortable.
And it isn't just one model, it's all of them in the commercial.

If I were in the market for a new car, this make would not even be on my list.
I would venture to say my 04 Corvette has way more leg room than these new models from Chevrolet.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 01:11 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,247,121 times
I feel like I'm in a LEXUSSSSSS!!!!!

Old 07-21-2015, 07:51 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,247,752 times
Every time I see these ads I try to figure out how they could not know they're in Chevy.
There is a big bowtie on the steering wheel right in front of them!

Old 07-22-2015, 07:19 AM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times
They're totally unbelievable. Even the most ignorant car person can recognize the Chevy bowtie logo. Another issue I have with their commercial is the one with the children trying to watch a movie in the vehicle using wifi. What's more important in a car, mechanicals or wifi? Does it offer a smooth comfortable ride? Does it have a fuel efficient engine that runs quietly? Is there plenty of interior room for passengers? Are the seats comfortable? Is it safe in a crash? Is it reliable? Sure, promote a new feature generally not available in other makes, but don't bother putting such features in a car until you get everything else right.

Old 07-22-2015, 07:28 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,997,945 times
Looks like they are a marketing win to me. They were noticeable and memorable enough to get people talking about Chevy on the internet. Getting your attention on their brand in that 30 seconds is the real name of the game.

Old 07-22-2015, 07:59 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,247,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Another issue I have with their commercial is the one with the children trying to watch a movie in the vehicle using wifi.
Actually, I know people who really want that.
They're also going to make a bin that you can put your phone in while it's charging that ducts to the A/C.
Apparently phones overheating while car charging is an issue. One can still access their phone thru steering wheel controls.

Quote:
What's more important in a car, mechanicals or wifi? Does it offer a smooth comfortable ride? Does it have a fuel efficient engine that runs quietly? Is there plenty of interior room for passengers? Are the seats comfortable? Is it safe in a crash? Is it reliable? Sure, promote a new feature generally not available in other makes, but don't bother putting such features in a car until you get everything else right.
I've driven quite a few Chevys.
Everyone has pretty much the same stuff except things like cooled seats and power folding mirrors.

Last edited by eaton53; 07-22-2015 at 08:07 AM..

Old 07-22-2015, 11:18 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,964,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
Looks like they are a marketing win to me. They were noticeable and memorable enough to get people talking about Chevy on the internet. Getting your attention on their brand in that 30 seconds is the real name of the game.
Well you could be right, but it isn't all positive.
Just looking at those people who seem crammed into the vehicle is enough to keep me out of one, and I am an average size person.

Bob.

Old 07-22-2015, 11:33 AM

9,131 posts, read 19,997,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Well you could be right, but it isn't all positive.
Just looking at those people who seem crammed into the vehicle is enough to keep me out of one, and I am an average size person.

Bob.
Sometimes negative attention is better than no attention at all.

At least, according to the actions of my 6 year old!

Old 07-22-2015, 11:41 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Default What's with the Chevy ads?

What's this?

GM fouling something up again?

Call me Claude Rains.

Old 07-22-2015, 12:07 PM

3,046 posts, read 4,122,758 times
That's ok they are making money and creating jobs, that's a god thing if you ask me. They have to be doing something right their sales are up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Chevrolet, Cadillac, Buick, and GMC