Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2007, 04:25 PM

9 posts, read 32,335 times

Advertisements

Is South Boulevard in Evanston a problematic street /area?
We've been looking at houses today and there is one house in this street we like but we wonder why is has not been sold (it looks good inside and out and the price is not outrageous). What do you think?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 07:14 AM

62 posts, read 224,790 times
I live near South Blvd., and I think South is a nice street. I have 2 coworkers who live on South (one east of Ridge and one west of Ridge). They are both raising their families there. There have been many houses for sale in this area, so I'm not surprised that the house has been on the market for awhile. I'll be happy to help you more if you have other questions.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:26 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
No. It is a nice area and near Dominicks. I used to shop there. Also has an L stop.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:34 AM

Default thanks guys

Thanks for the feedback. One more question about Evanston/ Skokie:

How do you feel about the area that borders Skokie with Evanston? There are several houses in there at good prices and it seems that you get much more for your money. From the addresses we've seen in this area to the Metra station at Davis St in Evanston there is only 2,4 miles (according to Mapquest). Some of the addresses we've been looking at are Suffield Terrace, Arcadia, and Greenwood in Skokie.

Thanks again for your help.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:57 PM

18 posts, read 62,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victoria to chicagoland View Post
Thanks for the feedback. One more question about Evanston/ Skokie:

How do you feel about the area that borders Skokie with Evanston? There are several houses in there at good prices and it seems that you get much more for your money. From the addresses we've seen in this area to the Metra station at Davis St in Evanston there is only 2,4 miles (according to Mapquest). Some of the addresses we've been looking at are Suffield Terrace, Arcadia, and Greenwood in Skokie.

Thanks again for your help.
The area around Golf and Crawford, Golf an McCormick and north are good. Just avoid Church and Dodge and avoid the college areas and train lines if you want quiet.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:47 PM

4 posts, read 20,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LkZurichMom View Post
The area around Golf and Crawford, Golf an McCormick and north are good. Just avoid Church and Dodge and avoid the college areas and train lines if you want quiet.
Avoid Church and Dodge because of the high school? Or are there some neighborhood problems there? Just curious because I'm looking at something in that area...

Old 07-18-2007, 04:50 PM

tdowling,

After looking at Evanston for a month, I've learned that the area that borders the highschool seems to be problematic. I think it may be drugs, violence, maybe gangs. Just give yourself a "buffer" zone around the HS and avoid Church, Dodge, etc.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:24 PM

6 posts, read 26,777 times
yes i used to live there not the best place to be there a bunch of gangs and someone was shot there not to long ago its crazy

Old 07-29-2007, 12:08 AM

153 posts, read 210,024 times
Skevanston is quite a nice area it is similar to Northwest Evanston thous cheaper and people are less affluent. This area is bordered by Church to the South, Crawford to the West, Golf to the North, and the North Shore Channel to the East. There are not many parks but people have nice backyards and the homes have medium setbacks, the tree canopy is less developed but nice overall. This area has the better Evanston Schools. When house hunting make sure you have zip code 60203. Nice streets would be Springfield, Harding, and Monticello. There are houses here around $700 to $800. Good price for the North Shore. Schools in Skevanston are nice like Timberidge-Bessie Rhodes and Walker. Get your kids into Rhodes. Taking them to Haven would be a killer drive or walk. About South Blvd. South Blvd is nice especially east of the el. I used to have a townhouse there it recently sold for around $600,000. The area east of the el is called Lake House a quite well to do section of Evanston. Crime does not spill over from Chicago in this area. Skokie is a very nice suburb though it very diverse like the UN. There Schools are okay, they have nice festivals, it is very cheap, and they have a struggling market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs