Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2008, 01:00 PM

287 posts, read 1,028,418 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for different restaurants to try in Schaumburg. I go out to visit my friend there a lot and I need a little more variety, so I was wondering about places you all like. It doesn't necessarily have to be right in Schaumburg, nearby is fine.

The only restriction is that I am a vegetarian and would like to actually eat. So some place with at least a couple choices for me is key.

Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 01:38 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,617,005 times
"Big Bowl", great for veg-heads ! Great asian/tai food or the option of picking out exactly what you want from a large display of veg options that they will stir fry for you. Also next door To BB is "Shaws Crab House". Wonderful ,art deco seafood rest on one side, funky,counter,more casual option on the other side. A little bit down the road is "Sweet Tomatoes" a salad bar/soup bar/pasta bar thats very reasonable.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:37 PM

1,216 posts, read 5,777,124 times
I love Sweet Tomatoes!! though don't get there often anymore.

along the Asian lines.... Stir Crazy inside Woodfield mall. When you do a "create your own... " they give you a lil wok bowl and you head to this giant veggie bar and choose your own veggies to have cooked before your eyes.

They do have a vegetarian option where they add tofu and egg.

What about California Pizza Kitchen? I'm sure they have veggie pizza.

Is House of Hunan still over by the State Drivers license place? in that strip mall? That was another good one.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:14 AM

5,652 posts, read 19,353,293 times
There is a good chinese place named Yu's mandarin on Golf road in hoffman estates/schaumburg - not sure which. Excellent place to eat. Also thai garden too. Both these are in strip malls.
Asian is always vegetarian friendly.

Old 01-18-2008, 08:00 AM

I have been to Yu's and the food is really great. Very busy too. I don't totally know what the deal is, but there's a weird racial undercurrent to its online reviews. My friend hadn't gone there in 5 years because the last time she'd gone the patrons had been racially divided with Asians and nonasians on different sides of the room.

Old 01-18-2008, 08:41 AM

71 posts, read 289,587 times
Try Chinese Garden at the corner of Plum Grove & Schaumburg Rd. Way better food than Yu's and they don't rush you in & out.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:39 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,379,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedripeplum View Post
I'm looking for different restaurants to try in Schaumburg. I go out to visit my friend there a lot and I need a little more variety, so I was wondering about places you all like. It doesn't necessarily have to be right in Schaumburg, nearby is fine.

The only restriction is that I am a vegetarian and would like to actually eat. So some place with at least a couple choices for me is key.

Thanks for your help.
Schaumburg has a large Indian population and I think the Indian restaurants in the area are quite good. There are 2 near Schaumburg and Plum Gove Rd. I think they're named "India House" and "House of India" or something like that. There is also a pretty good Thai restaurant near Golf and Roselle named "Thai Garden." These should give you lots of vegetarian selections.

There are also a few fun "hookah" smoking establishments in Schaumburg. I'm not a smoker but I've taken friends there after dinner for a unique experience.

Last edited by GoCUBS1; 01-21-2008 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-21-2008, 12:45 PM

1,016 posts, read 4,542,960 times
I just met some friends at a very good Italian restaurant in Hoffman Estates (right near Schaumburg) over the weekend called Babaluci. Babaluci Italian Eatery and Restaurant in Chicago Illinois

Old 01-24-2008, 01:58 AM

Thanks guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs