Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 06:13 PM

46 posts, read 71,559 times

Advertisements

Back in the 70's and 80's CCH was a very nice community with good schools and respectable families. Hillcrest High School is full of gang punks from the southside who could care less about their education and fate of the community. Today on the news I heard a home was broken into and two females were held hostage at gunpoint. SWAT teams had to be brought in! Then let's not forget the double murders that took place in this town a few years back. It's only a matter of time before the riff raft cross I-57. Orland Square is beginning to look more and more like River Oaks each day. I advise the decent people in Tinley Park should get out while the getting is good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 06:46 PM

4,112 posts, read 9,061,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNick View Post
Orland Square is beginning to look more and more like River Oaks each day.
What does this mean if not, "I see more black shoppers at Orland Mall than I used to"?

Old 06-11-2013, 07:47 PM

415 posts, read 764,177 times
Yep'' south of 80 and east of 57, ya it's a goner... what else ya got...

Old 06-11-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory patrick View Post
Yep'' south of 80 and east of 57, ya it's a goner... what else ya got...
A "goner," huh?

Old 06-11-2013, 08:27 PM

46 posts, read 71,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
What does this mean if not, "I see more black shoppers at Orland Mall than I used to"?
You don't see the decline that has taken place over the recent years? The same thing that happen to Englewood happen to Harvey. What happen to Harvey then happen to Calumet City/ Lansing/Hazel Crest/CCH and now its starting to happen to Orland, Frankfort and Tinley. The area is changing for the worst! School test scores are down, crime has increased, stores are closing (Matteson and River Oaks). 159th in Orland and Tinley will be filled with currency exchanges and fried chicken joints in the near future if things don't change.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:37 PM

415 posts, read 764,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urza216 View Post
A "goner," huh?
Hmm ya don't get a goner......Emm lets see... we use to say at a body shop I owned.. you cant make a turd shine, it's still a turd... comprehend, Over...

Old 06-11-2013, 11:34 PM

Quote:
You don't see the decline that has taken place over the recent years? The same thing that happen to Englewood happen to Harvey. What happen to Harvey then happen to Calumet City/ Lansing/Hazel Crest/CCH and now its starting to happen to Orland, Frankfort and Tinley. The area is changing for the worst! School test scores are down, crime has increased, stores are closing (Matteson and River Oaks). 159th in Orland and Tinley will be filled with currency exchanges and fried chicken joints in the near future if things don't change.
I'm from the other side of 57. And guess what? I'm one of those people who has only become extremely familiar with Tinley and Orland in recent years... I'm white. You'd never know I was one of them when you see me. :P

Old 06-12-2013, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory patrick View Post
Hmm ya don't get a goner......Emm lets see... we use to say at a body shop I owned.. you cant make a turd shine, it's still a turd... comprehend, Over...
Here's a better metaphor.

Both the North Shore and the a large swath of the south side of Chicago are like ten cars that need a paint job in the exact same spots. The south suburbs have a variety of differerent cars to work on. Which is more interesting?

Old 06-12-2013, 07:32 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,454,222 times
Quote:
This stuff would be downright comical if it didn't have such damaging consequences.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:30 AM

300 posts, read 638,723 times
Ive lived in CC Hills since 93', it has decline badly since then 90's. Late 90's to early 2000's is when it started to get bad, It's been atleast 3 or 4 shootings this year alone in my neighborhood. A bunch of hellraisers from the city started coming in here with section 8 vouchers and just tore the place up. People are on the corners, drug dealings in broad daylight, its sickening because 20 years ago this was a nice area. Though it's only the Northside of CC Hills(Going towards Markham along 167th), the southside along Cicero is fairly nice and quiet. In 10-15 years CC Hills & Hazel Crest are gonna be Riverdale and Harvey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs