Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2024, 04:13 PM

480 posts, read 242,402 times

Advertisements

Which would you prefer, if you're familiar. Schools, proximity to entertainment, safety, etc. Commons looks about full and I'm not sure if they've broken ground on the polo club just yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2024, 08:22 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,178,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamThomas View Post
Which would you prefer, if you're familiar. Schools, proximity to entertainment, safety, etc. Commons looks about full and I'm not sure if they've broken ground on the polo club just yet.
They both have noticeable tradeoffs, even when comparing to existing subdivisions/neighborhoods.

-Polo club houses seem like a much better price point.
-Plainfield schools (Polo club) vs. Wheaton schools (Naper Commons) - seems like generally Wheaton schools are better, specifically in this instance. Polo club is Plainfield East, JFK Middle, Liberty Elem. Naper Commons is WWS HS, Edison Middle School, Whittier Elem.
-Polo Club seems like once built, is pretty close to retail and other subdivisions
-Naper Commons is pretty isolated from any other residential or retail by about 1.5 miles.
-Polo Club seems to be a Naperville address in name only - it feeds into schools located in Plainfield and Bolingbrook, but I assume its park district, library, etc. will be Naperville's. This might be kind of annoying for sports and other activities, but I assume people deal with this all the time.
-Naper Commons is basically in the same situation except Wheaton instead of Plainfield/Bolingbrook. Naper Commons is pretty isolated from any other residential or retail by about 1.5 miles.

If you're dead set on Naperville and a new home, then these meet that criteria.

The other alternative is a slightly older home in either Naperville, Wheaton, or Plainfield
-One negative would be a slightly older home and possibly smaller home
-Can be in a town whose school/parks/library, etc. all align
-Possibly a better location within each town

Old 01-26-2024, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusillirob1983 View Post
They both have noticeable tradeoffs, even when comparing to existing subdivisions/neighborhoods.

-Polo club houses seem like a much better price point.
-Plainfield schools (Polo club) vs. Wheaton schools (Naper Commons) - seems like generally Wheaton schools are better, specifically in this instance. Polo club is Plainfield East, JFK Middle, Liberty Elem. Naper Commons is WWS HS, Edison Middle School, Whittier Elem.
-Polo Club seems like once built, is pretty close to retail and other subdivisions
-Naper Commons is pretty isolated from any other residential or retail by about 1.5 miles.
-Polo Club seems to be a Naperville address in name only - it feeds into schools located in Plainfield and Bolingbrook, but I assume its park district, library, etc. will be Naperville's. This might be kind of annoying for sports and other activities, but I assume people deal with this all the time.
-Naper Commons is basically in the same situation except Wheaton instead of Plainfield/Bolingbrook. Naper Commons is pretty isolated from any other residential or retail by about 1.5 miles.

If you're dead set on Naperville and a new home, then these meet that criteria.

The other alternative is a slightly older home in either Naperville, Wheaton, or Plainfield
-One negative would be a slightly older home and possibly smaller home
-Can be in a town whose school/parks/library, etc. all align
-Possibly a better location within each town
I like some of the older homes in Naperville. Much more character. It's a process. Wife prefers new, and I get it.

Looks like Polo isn't even showing yet. the Naper Commons feels industrial.

Old 01-29-2024, 07:16 AM

Quote:
I like some of the older homes in Naperville. Much more character. It's a process. Wife prefers new, and I get it.

Looks like Polo isn't even showing yet. the Naper Commons feels industrial.
It's not really industrial, it's just not very residential. The old Nokia office building, some small medical offices, and forest preserves surround the immediate property. Expanding out a bit further and it's just more office buildings and forest preserves, plus I think one property that is likely industrial+office for a company that makes power tools.

I would imagine the subdivision will be populated with mostly young families, but it is detached from a majority of the kids they attend school with.

Old 01-30-2024, 01:23 PM

247 posts, read 235,711 times
The reviews for commons on Google aren’t great. Same builder for polo club, right? I really don’t trust most new home builders these days…

Old 01-31-2024, 10:39 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,067,392 times
It's Pulte. The cookiest cutter builder out there....although 119th and 59 where the Polo houses will be is a much better location than the Commons. Way more stuff to do. I'm actually surprised they're going to finally build there. There's been a lot drama with that plot of land for many moons.

Old 01-31-2024, 11:13 AM

Actually look at some resales in Wagner Farms. There's a couple under 700k. Looks like it's actually in Naperville school district as well. Better location?

Old 01-31-2024, 01:33 PM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,067,392 times
Quote:
Actually look at some resales in Wagner Farms. There's a couple under 700k. Looks like it's actually in Naperville school district as well. Better location?
Yes. Neuqua Valley HS. Right behind the library on 95th St. Ton of stuff to do.

However, the only downside there are atrociously small lots. Huge SE Asian populace too. I'm not saying that's good or bad.

Old 02-01-2024, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
Yes. Neuqua Valley HS. Right behind the library on 95th St. Ton of stuff to do.

However, the only downside there are atrociously small lots. Huge SE Asian populace too. I'm not saying that's good or bad.
Thanks. I consider a huge Asian population a positive

Old 02-05-2024, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Thanks. I consider a huge Asian population a positive
Overall it likely is a positive. My kids are younger (K and Preschool) and I'm in D203 (east half of Naperville), and both my kids' closest friends at the moment are Indian. My wife has some acquaintances in south Naperville and she said one challenges they'll run into is that fewer kids in their subdivisions that may partake in certain activities (they cited Daisies and sports). That said, my kids do a basketball camp at a school in Ashbury subdivision (feeds into Neuqua), just east of Wagner Farms and quite a few kids in the class are Indian/Asian. Needless to say, I'm currently not putting much stock into the stories from my wife's acquaintances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago Suburbs