Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2011, 01:19 AM

427 posts, read 463,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
At the same time something aint right with the story.
And what would that be?

Old 08-17-2011, 04:20 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,103,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atizstr8 View Post
I was browsing google for inforation about Chicago and all I kept getting was "breaking news" shooting reports. So after reading a few pages about all these shootings and murders and how some of them were so blatant and reckless I just realized that considering it's 2011 and this stuff is still happening like it did back then. I know statistically it was much worse in the 80's and 90's but still it made me think.

I think the violence is out of control and I'm curious to hear what other people have to say about it.
Statistically the overall crime rate is down n Chicago. Imagine if you had the crime rate like it was back in the 80's coupled with the news media of 2011 with their 24-7 reports along with blowing many things out of size.

Just imagine how low the crime rate would be if you took away a certain geographic area out of the picture, it would be ultra low and then you would hear about how stellar the area is with its low overall crime statistics. I know that is not the real world but the crime is not out of control

Old 08-17-2011, 06:47 AM

4,112 posts, read 9,067,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydbarrett View Post
Huh?

What murders?

Are you dyslexic?

The story listed all of the victims being under the age of 29.

The story described the victims better than the offenders.
Well, they made it pretty clear who was killing each other.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:40 AM

1,044 posts, read 2,375,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post
Statistically the overall crime rate is down n Chicago. Imagine if you had the crime rate like it was back in the 80's coupled with the news media of 2011 with their 24-7 reports along with blowing many things out of size.

Just imagine how low the crime rate would be if you took away a certain geographic area out of the picture, it would be ultra low and then you would hear about how stellar the area is with its low overall crime statistics. I know that is not the real world but the crime is not out of control
Sunny -

The stats dont mean anything, when the reality on the ground in lakeview, is that you cannot feel safe outside your own home anymore, due to the large packs of obnoxious, loud, menacing thugs waking around, who push, fight, stare you down, etc. It is OBVIOUS that these are not normal, friendly people, and that they do not live in Lakeview. Boystown did not used to be like that, it used to be you could walk around fairly safely and not feel like you were going to be attacked, but now, you walk around and something isnt right. When I can look out my window and see large packs of gang banger wanna-bes hanging out on the sidewalk outside my apartment building, pushing, shoving, and harrassing people. They stand literally right outside my door, and wont let you leave without staring you up and down, casing you, trying to see if they should mug you or not. They look like they just got out of prison. I have to walk my girlfriend to her car every night because of these people, because when she leaves my building, they harrass her. One of them threatened her by saying "Yo b.t-c.h how would you like a baby rayped up in yo gutz?" What kind of a mentally ill idiot would hassle a girl like that? DISGUSTING. And, when you do get out of your building, these same type of ex-convict looking people, are walking up and down belmont, looking for people to rob. The police reports PROVE that crime is up here, because the robberies ARE HAPPENING. And, it is not just me who is seeing this, EVERYONE who lives here is like, "Who the hell are these creeps and why are they ruining our neighborhood?" THAT is the reality of the situation in Boystown this past summer. The stats dont mean nothing when you cant even leave your house.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:49 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Ok so we gather crime is up in this one small area. It is down overall in the district and the City however. Call the cops when you see this crap.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:55 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartGXL View Post
Sunny -

The stats dont mean anything, when the reality on the ground in lakeview, is that you cannot feel safe outside your own home anymore, due to the large packs of obnoxious, loud, menacing thugs waking around, who push, fight, stare you down, etc. It is OBVIOUS that these are not normal, friendly people, and that they do not live in Lakeview. Boystown did not used to be like that, it used to be you could walk around fairly safely and not feel like you were going to be attacked, but now, you walk around and something isnt right. When I can look out my window and see large packs of gang banger wanna-bes hanging out on the sidewalk outside my apartment building, pushing, shoving, and harrassing people. They stand literally right outside my door, and wont let you leave without staring you up and down, casing you, trying to see if they should mug you or not. They look like they just got out of prison. I have to walk my girlfriend to her car every night because of these people, because when she leaves my building, they harrass her. One of them threatened her by saying "Yo b.t-c.h how would you like a baby rayped up in yo gutz?" What kind of a mentally ill idiot would hassle a girl like that? DISGUSTING. And, when you do get out of your building, these same type of ex-convict looking people, are walking up and down belmont, looking for people to rob. The police reports PROVE that crime is up here, because the robberies ARE HAPPENING. And, it is not just me who is seeing this, EVERYONE who lives here is like, "Who the hell are these creeps and why are they ruining our neighborhood?" THAT is the reality of the situation in Boystown this past summer. The stats dont mean nothing when you cant even leave your house.
Someone is deliberately trying to bring boystown down. I know there have been mob attacks all over but not to this extent. Something much larger than we know is going on. Iam so very sorry to hear about your girlfriend being harassed. Thats taking it to another level.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:25 AM

1,520 posts, read 2,575,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Someone is deliberately trying to bring boystown down. I know there have been mob attacks all over but not to this extent. Something much larger than we know is going on.

seriously, where do these conspiracy theories come from. There is no movement to bring down boystown.

Quote:
it almost seems like this is being directed or coordinated at a higher level)...
Quote:
it SEEMS like it is being encouraged...it literally started happening right after memorial day...everything was fine until after that weekend. This also ties in with the flash mobs that have been taking place, plus with the riots in London...it just seems...I dont know the word...suspicious?

And there is no connection between flare ups in Boystown and riots in London.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:59 AM

3,522 posts, read 6,103,067 times
Quote:
Sunny -

I do remember you mentioning this last week . I dont mean to de sensitize the crime that is happeinging in Lakeview
I think overall across the city the crime is down It seems to be up in certain pockets I totally agree with you on that issue and I hope the coppers get things controlled in your area
Its unfortunate that your gf is going thru the harassment and I would call the police on the idiots- does your area have a neighborhood watch or some group to combat the crime and collaborate with the cpd .....

I really hope they get this under control for you and again i am sorry but i was just stating the overall crime rate statistically was down
What have you seen from the cops to combat this bull crap.

Last edited by sunnyandcloudydays; 08-17-2011 at 09:16 AM..

Old 08-17-2011, 02:21 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,375,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyandcloudydays View Post
I do remember you mentioning this last week . I dont mean to de sensitize the crime that is happeinging in Lakeview
I think overall across the city the crime is down It seems to be up in certain pockets I totally agree with you on that issue and I hope the coppers get things controlled in your area
Its unfortunate that your gf is going thru the harassment and I would call the police on the idiots- does your area have a neighborhood watch or some group to combat the crime and collaborate with the cpd .....

I really hope they get this under control for you and again i am sorry but i was just stating the overall crime rate statistically was down
What have you seen from the cops to combat this bull crap.
Thakns for understanding Sunny.

Yes, the community is mobilizing to stop the wierd creeps that have been harrassing and fighting with people. The Guardian Angels group has created a side group called the Pink Angels (actually, they have been 'reactivated' after they disbanded in the late 90's), which is basically a volunteer security force that patrols neighborhoods and intervenes physically to stop thugs from beating up innocent people. The Chicago PD and the alderman and congressman put their seal of approval on that, and the Angels are in training now. There are several other measures in place that are rolling out.

The thing is, it will take several months of training for the Angels to be ready to start nightly patrols, but better late then never.

One thing we are hoping for, is that when school starts and the cooler weather comes back, that the violence will subside; this seems to be the case in years past, that the crime levels go down when it is gets cold and rainy out. But we will see.

Old 08-17-2011, 02:25 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Why aren't people calling the cops when they see the thugs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago