Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 03:23 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,980,515 times

Advertisements

I'm sure given the nature of the articles that have been written, they would've included information about the assaults and charges would show that.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:26 PM

2,990 posts, read 5,283,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
I'm sure given the nature of the articles that have been written, they would've included information about the assaults and charges would show that.
Again, it was reported on Chicago Breaking News.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnynonos View Post
Again, it was reported on Chicago Breaking News.
Ok. Just read it. Did the guy who grabbed one of the rappers get charged?

To be continued...

Old 07-09-2012, 03:43 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,577,110 times
It's amazing that a simple street fight is getting all of this press. The media sure knows how to whip people into a frenzy.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:50 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,943,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
It's amazing that a simple street fight is getting all of this press. The media sure knows how to whip people into a frenzy.

First of all, the reason why it's NEWs (notice how I said NEW in there?) is because this sort of thing doesn't happen that often in these neighborhoods. People do not come out of limos/cars and do this. If this sort of thing happened every weekend for a straight 6 months, it wouldn't be new anymore and it wouldn't get nearly as much press.

Second of all, and the most important part actually is the fact to a casual onlooker who may have witnessed things 10 seconds after it started, it might have looked random. Do you think the police magically know what happened? No, they ask onlookers what happened, which is why news is sometimes not 100% correct and it takes a trial to understand what fully went on. The news story is compiled by witnesses to the event and might not be 100% what went on, but what other choice does the media have? They're going to report on what people saw.

The whole thing is just heresay now. To the casual onlooker, it probably looked pretty random and it might not have been, but playing this "omg the media" game is sometimes ridiculous. At this point, all they had to report on was what people thought they saw.

Get over it

Old 07-09-2012, 04:02 PM

955 posts, read 1,833,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
They're running out of corrupt politicians to obsess over so now they'll bump ratings and hits by scaring white people. They know their audience and how to profit from it.

Old 07-09-2012, 04:05 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,352,152 times
Well, this incident is going to works wonders on Chicago's racial issues. Blacks will see this story and (continue to) think that whites living in the North Side areas like Lakeview are racist. Whites will see this story and (continue to) think that blacks from the South and West Sides are violent thugs. Regardless if one side or both sides are right or wrong, this doesn't really help the situation much.

Old 07-09-2012, 04:06 PM

2,990 posts, read 5,283,601 times
Do you guys really think if a limo full of white kids from Bridgeport pulled into a black neighborhood and pummeled someone, or a few people, regardless of the circumstances, that it wouldn't receive a great deal of press coverage?

Particularly if the people were in question were shooting a music video?

If so I guess we would just have to agree to disagree.

Old 07-09-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
First of all, the reason why it's NEWs (notice how I said NEW in there?) is because this sort of thing doesn't happen that often in these neighborhoods. People do not come out of limos/cars and do this. If this sort of thing happened every weekend for a straight 6 months, it wouldn't be new anymore and it wouldn't get nearly as much press.

Second of all, and the most important part actually is the fact to a casual onlooker who may have witnessed things 10 seconds after it started, it might have looked random. Do you think the police magically know what happened? No, they ask onlookers what happened, which is why news is sometimes not 100% correct and it takes a trial to understand what fully went on. The news story is compiled by witnesses to the event and might not be 100% what went on, but what other choice does the media have? They're going to report on what people saw.

The whole thing is just heresay now. To the casual onlooker, it probably looked pretty random and it might not have been, but playing this "omg the media" game is sometimes ridiculous. At this point, all they had to report on was what people thought they saw.

Get over it
I'm sure the rappers told the police their side of the story just like the guys who took the beating.

The media sucks for not reporting the story.

Old 07-09-2012, 04:09 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,577,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post

Get over it

Is this post some sort of joke? To me, it's nothing but a garden variety fight. I've been in worse altercations myself. To you, it's this big deal. I think you're the one who needs to 'get over it' because there's nothing for me to get over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago