Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 09:19 PM

4 posts, read 12,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
Is EGP substantially different in 2013 than it was when the OP originally posted? Guessing not, but I don't have much reason to visit it outside of the conservatory.
Yes, since last summer my small little area has gotten new streets a little more life- asphalt and sidewalk work.
A few of the vacant buildings have been sold and are being lived in and worked on by home owners.
Theres now police supervision and traffic control after school at all the schools around here.
One family moved out of their 3 flat to rip it down and build a new condo style 6 flat.
I am happy for them, the building was not very noteworthy and they seem to be building some thing pretty nice.... good call for them!
I heard condos that never really got started on California were going to go up.
Seen surveyors walking around.

There are some new restaurants and some new buisnesses along Roosevelt just outside of EGP.
Anew football field thanks to Chicago HOPE
I do apartment leasing, I am getting calls for close to the conservatory, spill over from Humboldt Park and people wanting better rent prices
Downside is some gorgeous building are being struck with the big red X. If no one buys them or improves them then before long they will get torn down.
Artist rental spaces are now operational and rented right by Fulton and Sacramento.
My alderman has been doing a ton of work over here.
Daley had a development plan for the West Side from Independence East.
I huge parcel of dead space south of westen got sold to a developer , right across the street from a school and near the youth football field.
Just outside of EGP we are getting a new grocery store.
I read some liquor stores were closing,I am kinda neutral about that. Not sure which ones.
North of 290, east of Sacramento I see hipster looking kids riding bikes and walking around on occasion could be from the art studios? I dont know. I still walk to Douglas Park all the time...Havent felt any more or less concerned about my safety . Heard about cleaning up lake and sacramento. To me it just looks desolate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 12:05 AM

575 posts, read 616,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Oh Good Lord. Another one of those "if you can't tolerate bullets flying down your street and striking someone dead in your own lawn you must have some sort of racial bias" lectures...
Yeah, I think the "someone being shot and killed on front lawn" is a deal breaker for most people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago