Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 08:04 AM

9,907 posts, read 9,579,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallahasseehero1 View Post
Thanks for this, I actually was just looking at places right near the corner of Bryn Mawr and Sheridan and there seemed to be quite a few affordable places right near the red line stop and the 151 bus route.
Do you ever listen to the Apartment ratings websites where people crab about a lot of apartments, do you think those are believable or are they mostly written by disgrunted people?

some of those on Sheridan - the Lakeshore Tower 5200 N Sheridan and the other one with a similar name on 5600 N Sheridan look really awesome and are affordable with a great view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2012, 01:15 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,312,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Do you ever listen to the Apartment ratings websites where people crab about a lot of apartments, do you think those are believable or are they mostly written by disgrunted people?
I think many of them are believable. Pay attention to how they're written. After you've read enough of those, you can pretty much spot the nutjobs from a mile away.

Old 09-23-2012, 02:44 PM

304 posts, read 871,173 times
Quote:

some of those on Sheridan - the Lakeshore Tower 5200 N Sheridan and the other one with a similar name on 5600 N Sheridan look really awesome and are affordable with a great view.
5600 N Sheridan looks great, the view looks superb and the surrounding area looks like it is fun.

It does seem that people are the most likely to review a place when they hate it. What review sites do you usually look at?

Old 09-23-2012, 05:19 PM

9,907 posts, read 9,579,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallahasseehero1 View Post
5600 N Sheridan looks great, the view looks superb and the surrounding area looks like it is fun.

It does seem that people are the most likely to review a place when they hate it. What review sites do you usually look at?
"Apartment Ratings" and "Apartmtent Reviews" (not sure which is just a generic term or the name of the website".

And Yelp gives reviews.

But I like to look at "apartment for rent" website, (Domu, Trulia, Craigslist, Apartment People) and see the pix and then go out and choose some to look at. Then i will peep inside drawers to see if any bugs are there, and see how clean they do their lobby, just these two things I can do my own review and it will tell me a lot! Imma gonna see for myself next year.

last year i went to see some buildings and then read the reviews, when they matched what i saw for myself, then i knew that was a clue that verified what i saw with my own eyes.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:46 PM

304 posts, read 871,173 times
Quote:
"Apartment Ratings" and "Apartmtent Reviews" (not sure which is just a generic term or the name of the website".

And Yelp gives reviews.

But I like to look at "apartment for rent" website, (Domu, Trulia, Craigslist, Apartment People) and see the pix and then go out and choose some to look at. Then i will peep inside drawers to see if any bugs are there, and see how clean they do their lobby, just these two things I can do my own review and it will tell me a lot! Imma gonna see for myself next year.

last year i went to see some buildings and then read the reviews, when they matched what i saw for myself, then i knew that was a clue that verified what i saw with my own eyes.
Yeah I look at pictures a lot on Craigslist as well. Then I go on Google Maps to check out the area nearby. Yelp is a good idea.

I dont ask for much, But not having bugs is a must. The type of sprays they have now it should be easy to take care of that, so I would get upset if their was a bug problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago