Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 12:18 AM

47 posts, read 86,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Mayor says improving economy and smorgasbord of new money will fix budget - chicagotribune.com

Aldermen at first blush generally embraced the $6.5 billion proposal for next year, which is balanced on the expectation that tens of millions of more dollars will pour into city coffers and less money will go out for employee health care and other costs.

The hoped-for infusions of cash include at least $20 million from the city's planned speed cameras, $18 million for selling advertising on city property and $14 million from selling and leasing taxi medallions.
Plus, not only is Rahm a fiscal conservative, he's also a neoconservative, and supportive of more War spending and favors an attack on Iran, no matter the cost. (Rahm served in the IDF).

He's Tea Party, I'm glad I voted for him as he supports Tea Party/GOP values, 100%.

Old 10-11-2012, 12:24 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,212,799 times
I get that it's about Rahm and thus is related to Chicago, but I really think when you start talking about war spending and attacking Iran and the Tea Party, you need to post in the Politics and Other Controversies Forum, as those issues are not relevant to Chicago on a regional/municipal level.

Old 10-11-2012, 12:29 AM

47 posts, read 86,893 times
Thanks Warrior. Chicago budget is the topic. Rahm wants less spending for us, but supports US' spending to protect Israel. We should have austerity cuts in Chicago, and not cut any spending whatsoever for his foreign country (that he served in IDF). I love it! We should do that for him.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:22 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,379,084 times
Just because Rahm seems to have supported defense spending when he was in national politics and is facing the reality of constrained budgets locally that does not mean his overall views conform to those of the Tea Party. The Tea Party types would certainly NOT approve of things like Rahm's expansion of video cameras and other fines as sources of revenue, nor would Tea Party types abide with Rahm's insider deals, lack of transparency and overall autocratic style.

Last edited by chet everett; 10-11-2012 at 06:44 AM..

Old 10-11-2012, 06:48 AM

2,918 posts, read 4,207,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
The Tea Party types would certainly NOT approve of things like Rahm's expansion of video cameras and other fines as sources of revenue,
Sure they would, as long as a private company got the profits from them. I'm sure it's only a matter of time, just as with the Skyway, the parking meters, and Rham's charter schools. Right-wing values through and through.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:51 AM

58 posts, read 138,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
Just because Rahm seems to have supported defense spending when he was in national politics and is facing the reality of constrained budgets locally that does not mean his overall views conform to those of the Tea Party. The Tea Party types would certainly NOT approve of things like Rahm's expansion of video cameras and other fines as sources of revenue, nor would Tea Party types abide with Rahm's insider deals, lack of transparency and overall autocratic style.
I agree. In general, I've been really pleased with everything I've heard about Emanuel's policies since I moved to Chicago last December. He seems to be taking the budget issue seriously, and has cut quite a bit of waste, while still investing in programs I really support (improvements on biking paths, the upcoming energy choice amendment, etc).

Old 10-11-2012, 07:09 AM

2,918 posts, read 4,207,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branch28 View Post
Plus, not only is Rahm a fiscal conservative, he's also a neoconservative, and supportive of more War spending and favors an attack on Iran, no matter the cost. (Rahm served in the IDF).

He's Tea Party, I'm glad I voted for him as he supports Tea Party/GOP values, 100%.
Don't you live in the suburbs or Indiana or something? Did you live in the city at the time of the mayoral elections, or are you making stuff up to troll across multiple threads?

Old 10-11-2012, 07:33 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branch28 View Post
Thanks Warrior. Chicago budget is the topic. Rahm wants less spending for us, but supports US' spending to protect Israel. We should have austerity cuts in Chicago, and not cut any spending whatsoever for his foreign country (that he served in IDF). I love it! We should do that for him.
Is there something about Chicago you wish to discuss, or is this an anti-Jew, anti-Israel discussion?

Old 10-11-2012, 07:53 AM

5,288 posts, read 8,879,802 times
Nah, just another clueless yokel who doesn't actually understand what the original Tea Party was all about.

The Bostonians were revolting against corporate welfare, as the East India Tea Company was essentially a creation of the Crown.

Thom Hartmann Tells the Real History of the Tea Party | Crooks and Liars

"Multinational corporations were controlling the people, and the government was supporting the corporations. In particular, the East India Company sparked rebellion, since they were given so many exemptions, tax preferences and other breaks by the British government."

Old 10-11-2012, 08:17 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,379,084 times
I believe the real surge in modern Tea Party identification came from those opposed to Pelosi style implementation of health care changes. It seems clear what side of that argument Rahm lives on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago