Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 10:08 AM

526 posts, read 1,058,787 times

Advertisements

I will be moving in 2 months closer to my work which is in the lakeview area. Income is around 15-1800 a month. Decent neighboorhoods west of Ashland? I was looking around Fullerton and Western area. I should say affordable around the 700 a month mark?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2013, 10:15 AM

2,918 posts, read 4,209,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justalicious6989 View Post
I will be moving in 2 months closer to my work which is in the lakeview area. Income is around 15-1800 a month. Decent neighboorhoods west of Ashland? I was looking around Fullerton and Western area. I should say affordable around the 700 a month mark?
Are you planning to have a roommate?

Old 04-24-2013, 10:16 AM

2,421 posts, read 4,319,991 times
Quote:
Hmmm I would go a little futher north. By Fullerton and Western, not saying you won't find anything but it will be hard to find. Better bet is Logan Square (futher northwest), Avondale or Irving park.

Actually, I know in my building (by Belmont and Kedzie) there are two empty studio apartments for $650.

Also if your work is in Lakeview I woul consider living closer to Diversey, Belmont and Addison. I am assuming you will be taking the bust to work? Because there is not train that goes from east-west and vice versa in the northside, I would make sure that I live on a bus route that would take me directly to Lakeview.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:24 AM

526 posts, read 1,058,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoist123 View Post
Hmmm I would go a little futher north. By Fullerton and Western, not saying you won't find anything but it will be hard to find. Better bet is Logan Square (futher northwest), Avondale or Irving park.

Actually, I know in my building (by Belmont and Kedzie) there are two empty studio apartments for $650.

Also if your work is in Lakeview I woul consider living closer to Diversey, Belmont and Addison. I am assuming you will be taking the bust to work? Because there is not train that goes from east-west and vice versa in the northside, I would make sure that I live on a bus route that would take me directly to Lakeview.
Nope will be using my car. I travel to a few work locations everyday. It would be suicide to take the train and bus. The poor clients would be waiting hours for me to get there! 650 is do able for a studio. I really do not want a roomate.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:40 AM

1,520 posts, read 2,576,262 times
why would anyone suggest logan square for someone working in Lake View?

Rogers Park is the right answer...modest commute and most bang for your buck.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Nope will be using my car. I travel to a few work locations everyday. It would be suicide to take the train and bus. The poor clients would be waiting hours for me to get there! 650 is do able for a studio. I really do not want a roomate.
Roommate is not really a bad idea based on your budget. But it boils down to your presonality as well. I presonally just can't live with a roommate. I am too much stuck in my ways and I have also seen fantastic and strong relationships be completely ruined due to people deciding to be roommates to be best friends.

However, with your budget i would consider a roommate. I can afford a one bedroom just because from what you wrote because I make more than double what you make. However, on your budget I probably would have gotten a roommate.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleking View Post
why would anyone suggest logan square for someone working in Lake View?

Rogers Park is the right answer...modest commute and most bang for your buck.
Logan Square is MUCH closer to Lakeview than Rogers Park.......What are you smoking?

http://genealogytrails.com/ill/cook/communitymap.htm

Old 04-24-2013, 11:05 AM

2,918 posts, read 4,209,690 times
nm

Last edited by ChiNaan; 04-24-2013 at 11:22 AM.. Reason: Just saw that he's using a car.

Old 04-24-2013, 11:07 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,392,786 times
How is parking in Logan Square lately? I would think that the more central location would be better for someone who needs to visit multiple client sites...

Old 04-24-2013, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
Physically it's much closer, but being on the same el line vs. taking a bus offers certain advantages.
Regardless the person is driving, so a drive is much quicker from Logan Square then Rogers Park.

Anyway this is subjective, because if the person works by Diversey and Ashland, Rogers would park would be terrible to come from and Logan Square much better. If the person works by LSD and Addison than Rogers Park would be better.

Point is neither is one is bad, but one poster made it seem as one is crazy to suggest Logan Square as if it was a bad suggestion or too far away.

Anyway I think Logan Square is just a much better area overall because its centralized and you are closer to a lot more: Lincoln Park, Lakeview, Wicker Park, Bucktown, Downtown, etc.

While Rogers Park is great in it's own right it is too far out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago